Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Germany vs Spain; Champions League 2013

Dortmund vs Real Madrid
    Bayern vs Barcelona

Predictions?
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a football thread a few places below you and I'm sure this going to get locked, in any case, these games are too hard to predict. What style will Bayern play? Will Messi play? Is Dortmund able to defeat Madrid again?
    It's going to be one ride, that's for sure.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Real Madrid and Bayern.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    There's a football thread a few places below you and I'm sure this going to get locked, in any case, these games are too hard to predict. What style will Bayern play? Will Messi play? Is Dortmund able to defeat Madrid again?
    It's going to be one ride, that's for sure.
    Also, will Bayern continue to play stellar D? Or they gonna pull a game like Germany did vs Italy in the Semi's last EURO. No reason Germany should have lost that match, much less allowed 4 goals. I remember looking at some stat, in the last month or so, Bayern allowed zero goals in Bundesliga, and isn't Arsenal the only to score against them in Champions League in that time as well?
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

10+ Year Old Account
    Bayern were beaten by BATE, 3-1 in the UCL. They've conceded 13 goals in the Bundesliga, which is great, but I think Barca is a horse of a different color. Barca is the most scoring team in the world atm and I think they'll at least score once at the Allianz Arena. You cannot stop the sheer attacking power they have. Even though it may only come down to one little man, it's impossible to stop. I'm guessing a win for Bayern at home, but away, in front of 99,000 Catalans? That's their true test.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Real vs Bayern for the final and Bayern as CL champions.

Deleted
    El Classico Final.

Hard to make predictions for the Champion's League. The results on paper never really matter. Last year there were just a handful of people willing to bet on a Bayern - Chelsea Final. A lot of people were expecting a clasico or atleast 1 Spanish team. And even less people were willing to bet on Chelsea taking the trophy home. Current standings in league's, forms, or history don't matter in the Champion's League. It's anyone's game and everyone is in it to win it. Each of the 4 teams know it's just 3 games away from lifting it.

Bayern Munich has been in the finals of 2010 and 2012 both lost, they're very eager to win it now. On top of that they have already finished the bundesliga and can full focus on the Champion's League. Jupp might want to stop working totally at the end of the season so he'll do anything to finish on a high.

Madrid is waiting more than 10 years already for "la decima". Fans have been shouting "La decima" this whole period of time in Champion's League games. Ronaldo seems to be in the form of his life pulling everyone over the line when neccesary and Mourinho always has good tactics. Also Mourinho will want to win it because he'll be satisfied and will go probably go back to the Premier League.

Dortmund has an impeccable talented team that's eager to win the Champion's League as well. Young names such as Gündoğan, Hummels, Götze and Reus have proven to be worthy of being topplayers of the new generation already. And they have the incredibly driven and charismatic coach Jürgen Klopp who will go till the end, he will push his players to the last seconds. Malaga experienced the German way already. It has been 16 years since they have won the trophy and it will only become harder in the upcoming years, they know they have to take this chance.

Fc Barcelona speaks for itself. They have proven theirselves already by being in the semi finals for 6 years in a row now. Of which 2 times they have brough the trophy back home. If history repeats itself and they keep line going as it has been the 5 years before this, they will be champions again. Obviously these statistics are totally unrelated to wether or not they will win it. Barcelona still has argueably worlds best player.. Messi. He can decide and turn games around like no other player, the only one who comes to that is Ronaldo. But for me personally it's more than just Messi. Iniesta and Busquets (whether you like him or not) are just as important.

If I'd have to be realistic and put down my money I would go for:

Real Madrid - Bayern Munich

But since I'm a Barcelona fan i will put my hopes on:

Borussia Dortmund - FC Barcelona

The reason I'm not putting down Real Madrid - FC Barcelona is because they have not been doing so well in the last 5-6 clasico's and i fear them more than Dortmund. But in the end you have to be able to beat any team to win the Champion's League so let's see!
    Last edited by Sil; 2013-04-20 at 04:33 AM.

hopefully Bayern Munich as the winner this year!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tough prediction, honestly I think the final will be Dortmund vs Bayern.
    Howay the lads!

15+ Year Old Account
    Bayern has been the best team for the past 3 years, Barcalona was just lucky they didn't meet them. CY@~Barcalona tonight, 3-0 I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    God damn what a goal. So glad!!
    I utterly hate Barca, you just look at them and they collapse in pain like the world has never seen.

Oh yea 2-0

Oh yea x2 3-0, Barca gets owned big time.

4-0
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-04-23 at 08:24 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Good bye Barca!

Real need a win on the road, they have been in stellar form as of late.

Not looking past Dortmund at all, they are a very dangerous team.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonemelo View Post
    Good bye Barca!
    "Good bye" Real Madrid (Goodbye*)

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 01:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bakis View Post
    god damn what a goal. So glad!!
    I utterly hate barca, you just look at them and they collapse in pain like the world has never seen.

Oh yea 2-0 :d

oh yea x2 3-0, barca gets owned big time.

4-0
    wanted: Robert lewandovski
    crime: Raping 11 men of real madrid

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why but you seem obsessed with RM's loss. So hurt about Barca's loss?
    Ohio State Buckeye

Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    I don't know why but you seem obsessed with RM's loss. So hurt about Barca's loss?
    Barca's loss is deserved. But there are many people obsessed with being anti-barca.
    Mainly Madrid fans, so ya.

Mia san mia.

My beloved Bayern München, you bring me so much joy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieMagpie View Post
    Tough prediction, honestly I think the final will be Dortmund vs Bayern.
    You were right!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a casual football fan, I don't know a single person on the Dortmund roster which is basically the complete opposite for the other 3 Champion's League semi finalists. Can someone explain how Dortmund is in the Champion's League final? Maybe there's players on their roster whose names I should know?