Deleted

Guilds ganging up in LFR to kick anyone who oppose them

I did Pinnacle of Storms today, and I encountered a premade made up of a group of PvPers, who were horrific to the core. Every time somebody requested one of their guildies kicked, he would be mercilessly removed....

Deleted
    Thats too bad but its not like we could do anything about it

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    I did Pinnacle of Storms today, and I encountered a premade made up of a group of PvPers, who were horrific to the core. Every time somebody requested one of their guildies kicked, he would be mercilessly removed....
    Why complain, baddies will be baddies, trolls will be trolls, and they will always be horrible players. Just find a new group and move on.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Why complain, baddies will be baddies, trolls will be trolls, and they will always be horrible players. Just find a new group and move on.
    Well I would be pissed as hell if it was the last boss and we had many wipes assuming the OP said the group is so bad. If I was you I'd patiently wait unless things go out of hand or they start juding me assuming theyre noobs then I might initiate a votekick on them, however we couldnt do much abt that :\

Our main tank has had a life crisis that makes Tuesdays impossible for him to raid, so we've been doing Tuesday LFR as a guild in order not to get out of the habit of getting together to kill stuff on that night. It makes a huge difference when you know you'll have healers who are actually main spec healers, and dps who actually go to some degree of effort and try to stay out of crap on the ground.

But it has the added bonus of giving us veto power over the other people in our group. Last week someone started being abusive to the people who had died, after a wipe to Durumu (and we almost got him, if we'd had one more battle rez...) and we kicked him even though he was the top non-guild dps.

Yeah, a guild group of poopyheads can make an LFR a painful and difficult experience. I like to think that our little group of guildies makes our LFRs a fun and happy experience, and it all balances out in the end.

And, hey, if you have any friends whatsoever, consider grouping up for an LFR and being your own beacon of light in the darkness. Maybe we'll be sorted together some time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    But it has the added bonus of giving us veto power over the other people in our group. Last week someone started being abusive to the people who had died, after a wipe to Durumu (and we almost got him, if we'd had one more battle rez...) and we kicked him even though he was the top non-guild dps.

Yeah, a guild group of poopyheads can make an LFR a painful and difficult experience. I like to think that our little group of guildies makes our LFRs a fun and happy experience, and it all balances out in the end.

And, hey, if you have any friends whatsoever, consider grouping up for an LFR and being your own beacon of light in the darkness. Maybe we'll be sorted together some time.
    It seems like your guild is holding back the LFR group and the only person giving positive criticism making you improve gets kicked by you. Just the same the OP is complaining about.

I use to queue with 1-2 guildies to ensure at least 1 tank 1 healer 2 dps are doing his task properly. I also use to get flagged as leader and when trying to explain new tactics or mechanics to newer people the "guild groups" are the harder to deal with. They troll, afk, and insult everyone, slacking to the point of beeing useless and are impossible to remove from the group

There are 2 possibilities when you get into a LFR with an obnoxious guild group.

1.) They know the fights because they did them in normal/heroic and are well geared. You either drop and find a new group to avoid their douchebaggery or you put up with it for what should be a quick clear.

2.) They're really bad/poorly geared in addition to being douchebags. In that case, there's no point in staying. It's going to be a wipefest and the guild is hoping LFR randoms will be pro enough to carry them.
    Last edited by SamR; 2013-04-17 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    Not that I'm trying to take their side, but .... really? You're surprised that when someone tried (I'm assuming in raid chat) to get a member of a guild kicked that the rest of that guild retaliated by kicking that person? That's happened in about every level of content in the game, up to and including normal and heroic raiding. If you join a pug 10 man with 8 or 9 members of the same guild and 1 of those people is playing badly, you don't just suggest kicking them. You're going to lose that fight. Why try to have it?

If you're in a bad group that's made up of guildies or friends, you have 2 choices. Be quiet, sit back and get your kills or leave and try to get a better group.

For the record, no, I don't think this type of thing is acceptable behavior. But do I think blizzard is going to do something about it? Absolutely not. They have nothing to gain. If they remove or restrict the vote-kick feature, they're just going to piss off a lot of people because it would become even easier for bots and afk-ers to get carried through content.

Honestly, if you want to enjoy your raiding experience, don't do LFR. Find a guild to join or even just run some pugs and make friends with a few raid leaders that way. It takes work, which is apparently taboo these days, because blizzard has tried to make every area of content available to solo players now, but trust me, the effort is worth it. When you find a good group to raid with, you'll have an infinitely more enjoyable time playing the game than you ever will running LFR.

Our group does this, but we try to wield our power for good instead of evil.

We have enough to initiate a vote, not ensure a kick.
    You have to be a pretty extreme prick for us to think about it.
    We have to have not put you on ignore for being an extreme prick already.

Basically, if you're that one person in LFR that goes on about how badly someone sucks, their DPS is trash, they have no clue how to play the game, we have no sympathy for your attitude. A DPS doing 20K DPS less than any other DPS in LFR did not cause a wipe when NOBODY FOLLOWED MECHANICS WHATSOEVER.

So basically, yeah, we prefer to kick the top DPS in LFR wearing heroic raid ilvl gear who's being an arrogant jerk over the lower geared player who's at least trying to contribute, asking questions, and being friendly. And the majority of the time the kick happens and people seem fairly happy the jerk is gone.

Now if you're being a jerk, but not calling people out and you're trying to explain fights (but still coming off as a jerk about it), we don't care.
    If people are having epeen contests but the LFR is rolling along smoothly....we don't care.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, yes this happens, but it CAN be used for good instead of evil and it seems like it takes a little push for people to accept it's okay to kick a jerk from LFR.