Guardian T15 Set Bonuses and You

Hey all,
    I am the MT for my guild, and off-spec ferla, who is currently halfway through HoF and just beginning ToES, and hopefully moving on to ToT soon. Either way, I was curious to get your thoughts on the Guardian T15 set bonuses, which are:

* 2-piece: While dodging with Savage Defense up, you gain +10% healing to your next Frenzied Rejuv for 10 seconds. Stacks up to 10 times and refreshed each time you dodge (even when at 10 stacks).
    * 4-piece: Gain 50% more rage while Enrage is active.

In my opinion, the 2-piece is nice situationally, especially when taking on more than 1 mob. The 4-piece seems very subpar. I already generate a lot of rage per second, and am usually capped while Enrage is active. But, it could lead to more Frenzied Rejuv uses.

So why am I even bringing this topic up? This week, with the last section of ToT having been released, I was very lucky and got 3 tier tokens! I already have my guardian and feral T15 gloves, so I'm basically trying to figure out if the Guardian set bonus outweighs the potential from the Feral set bonus (which, in my opinion, is much much better). Or, if the Guardian set bonus outweighs the Shado-Pan Assault ilvl 522 gear, given they have a lot more stats than LFR tier does. Either way, is the Guardian set really even worth it?

So, what are your thoughts?

so I'm basically trying to figure out if the Guardian set bonus outweighs the potential from the Feral set bonus (which, in my opinion, is much much better).
    You can't use the Feral bonuses anyway as a Guardian. There are also no 1-tank fights in ToT (outside of gimmicks like HoP chains). You won't find much use for the T15 bonuses in T14, but you will definitely use the 2pc on T15 normals.

Or, if the Guardian set bonus outweighs the Shado-Pan Assault ilvl 522 gear, given they have a lot more stats than LFR tier does.
    No.

Either way, is the Guardian set really even worth it?
    If you know how to make use of it in the most advantageous manner, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    If you know how to make use of it in the most advantageous manner, yes.
    I'm aware that the feral bonuses are worthless for a tank, obviously. It was more of a question of if the set bonuses were worth the slots. The 2-piece Guardian bonus seems quite worth it. But, again, the 4-piece seems excessive and unnecessary since I typically am capped on rage throughout Enrage's duration. Crit build takes care of all my rage needs.

Back to the Feral set, my guild has a couple of tanks who literally have no DPS spec (I am still, to this day, baffled at why we keep them). So, when they are in a raid, they swap to MT'ing and OT'ing (making the healer's lives miserable), and I pop into DPS reluctantly. I'm a solid 15 ilvl's higher than them, so its more of a flaw on my guild's end I know, but the DPS boost from the Feral set bonus is what I'm looking at.

Either way, I appreciate your feedback!

But, again, the 4-piece seems excessive and unnecessary since I typically am capped on rage throughout Enrage's duration. Crit build takes care of all my rage needs.
    For normals, sure. They don't hurt that much. I can tell you that this all changes in Heroic raiding.

I'm a solid 15 ilvl's higher than them, so its more of a flaw on my guild's end I know, but the DPS boost from the Feral set bonus is what I'm looking at.
    Right, so for T14 you might get a use out of them. You won't in T15 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Right, so for T14 you might get a use out of them. You won't in T15 though.
    Hehe, all the justification I needed.

Deleted
    Go warrior/ paladin tank if you like being useful

Infracted. Don't make useless replies.
    Last edited by Elysia; 2013-04-18 at 01:55 AM.

the only use I can see if you plan to use 2p guardian and 2p feral, is the extra combo points you gain if and only if you do hotw and cat form while your other tank is tanking. Granted it will provide 3-5 combo points if you hotw + berserk will provide you some extra burst, I do not think it will outweight the extra rage gained during enrage that can be used on sd, fr and maul.

I just want 2p guardian for the extra heals, and lfr wont drop any sad bear

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 part Guardian, while it may look bad I can see it being quite useful on Animus/Iron Qon/Primordius/Durumu/Lei Shen Heroic(on Heroic these hit quite hard!) as at least I know for sure on Iron Qon/Primordius you will be using mostly FR/TC instead of SD so any increased rage gain is welcome.