Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I smell a revamp in 6.0 >_<

Meh, I like how ret plays in it's current state but bringing more to a raid or group would be amazingly welcomed, and damage being a little more than it is would be nice. But a revamp would likely make me upset.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Meh, I like how ret plays in it's current state but bringing more to a raid or group would be amazingly welcomed, and damage being a little more than it is would be nice. But a revamp would likely make me upset.
    Atm ret has very strong tools, but in pvp most of them is locked down by a lot of things and we're forced through talents to take other talents than our "core" support talents/glyphs. I agree that the current ret playstyle is fun and entertaining but our damage is horrid, part of the problem from a buff/scaling issue is our mastery. As soon as they buff scaling of mastery or any of our abilities it increases our potential burst like hell which has been a bit too strong for rets in the past, I think we'll see a total rework of our mastery because of that. Maybe make our mastery work with art of war or possibly make our mastery Divine Purpose and have mastery increase the chance, would be interesting... though I fear that's going to play back into "omfg rng rets" again...

as for a more immediate buff just increase the scaling of Censure damage from 10% of spellpower to 20% or even 25% of spellpower.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Maybe make our mastery work with art of war or possibly make our mastery Divine Purpose and have mastery increase the chance, would be interesting... though I fear that's going to play back into "omfg rng rets" again...
    That's how it worked in the beginning of Cataclysm, and mastery was the stone dead last stat Retribution wanted on its gear and GC admitted it was a bad mastery even with 100% proc chance. They changed it to the current model in the first major patch of the expansion.

Ret doesn't need to bring more utility to raid or pvp for that matter.

It's the classes only damage spec and should be built around damage. The pve rotation has very little down time with good gear, leaving almost no room to be wasting damage gcd's on Fisher Price inquisition, sacred sh., Blessings, etc.

It plays a weird damage spec in pvp, you are only a worthy damage spec every 10% of the time (20 sec ev 2min.) some would even argue every 5 min w/Guardian
    The other 90% of the time you have to play like an unworthy bafoon.

Paladin may need a 4th spec titled 'shockadin/utility' for those that want to play this style. Shift some of the baseline utility away from Ret to the other spec
    Make Ret a true damage spec with real damage tools like every other Damage Spec in the game

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaManHester View Post
    Ret doesn't need to bring more utility to raid or pvp for that matter.

It's the classes only damage spec and should be built around damage. The pve rotation has very little down time with good gear, leaving almost no room to be wasting damage gcd's on Fisher Price inquisition, sacred sh., Blessings, etc.

It plays a weird damage spec in pvp, you are only a worthy damage spec every 10% of the time (20 sec ev 2min.) some would even argue every 5 min w/Guardian
    The other 90% of the time you have to play like an unworthy bafoon.

Paladin may need a 4th spec titled 'shockadin/utility' for those that want to play this style. Shift some of the baseline utility away from Ret to the other spec
    Make Ret a true damage spec with real damage tools like every other Damage Spec in the game
    I like this idea. Much like druids have 4 specs each contributed to a profession. Solid Melee dps, Healer, Tank and a caster dps ( shockadin )

Could work real nice if done properly.

If Holinka had any kind of 'pull' or say over at Blizzard this SoL buff would've been hot fixed.

No need to gather PTR data, Plenty of Logs/data show Ret is underperforming in all phases of damage.

The 10%-12% gain from the SoL buff still has ret with the lowest sustained damage of any damage spec

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaManHester View Post
    If Holinka had any kind of 'pull' or say over at Blizzard this SoL buff would've been hot fixed.

No need to gather PTR data, Plenty of Logs/data show Ret is underperforming in all phases of damage.

The 10%-12% gain from the SoL buff still has ret with the lowest sustained damage of any damage spec
    Hell, he's probably the reason we're getting this buff in the first place.

The buff isn't live yet, so if history repeats itself it's bound to get an unworthy nerf with close to no feedback other then
    "we felt ret was actually doing damage with this buff"

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We need something, I am tired of being told by my guild that "We are benching you not becuse you are a bad player, but because you are ret." Even if you are good at playing ret in a raid DPS role there is no reason to take us when a halfassed mage or warlock can do more DPS with a fraction of the effort..

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Taking inquisition off the GCD is a good start for ret fixing.
    I would really like to see this

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should give use reckoning bomb. :The paladin releases all built up holy power dealing 300% weapon damage on a single target or devided among all enemies in a 20 yard radius.

Just a dream that I know will never happen but could have a little golden/glowing mushroom cloud effect with golden arcane explosion effect.

the way rbgs are handled rets will never be able to compete and if a ret even comes close to a boomkin/mage/rogue the latter will whine all over the world to put ret back in its place.

ret doesnt need more dmg it needs an overhaul except for 1-2 exceptional players i havent seen a single ret in arena.

that would be awful considering non proc tvs do about 400% weapon damage with mastery for 3 HP.

Some people shouldn't design paladins

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont take it seriouusly, it was meant for fun. Or are we not allowed to make jokes in the ret forums? O.o

Guardian should do knockdowns on the target it hits with each attack. /skullfuck

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Guardian should do knockdowns on the target it hits with each attack. /skullfuck
    Gold guy is now our personal MMA bodyguard, I like it.

But in all seriousness, I think the best thing they can do to Ret this xpac is change how our guardian works. They should make it some sort of 2-3 min utility spell, and balance our consistent dps around the loss of it as a cooldown.
    Last edited by Valedus; 2013-04-24 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Gold guy is now our personal MMA bodyguard, I like it.

But in all seriousness, I think the best thing they can do to Ret this xpac is change how our guardian works. They should make it some sort of 2-3 min utility spell, and balance our consistent dps around the loss of it as a cooldown.
    NOOOOOO i like my guardian

Deleted
    I just want to be on par with other melees so there's no excuses when choosing between melee classes for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikhx View Post
    I just want to be on par with other melees so there's no excuses when choosing between melee classes for raids.
    Except raid rosters (10m anyway) is turning into an RBG-clone this tier.

LFM - need 3 heals, FDK, Rogue, Boomy, rest Locks/Mages/Hunter.

It'd be nice to see Ret get an actual melee toolkit instead of bits and pieces from melee, ranged, and support. We're like a schizophrenic spec that can do a lot of things moderately, but nothing well. I love the spec, and the class archetype, I just wish it'd get a real identity and stop being hamstrung by QQ stemming back nearly 8 years about bubble/LOH in duels, reck bomb videos, 3.0.1 shenanigans and undergeared scrubs in random BGs.

Thank god Prot is the DPS spec this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...