Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Also, aside from Tarien, Aquesence of Telara I have not seen around in a while and Azuri has not had much to say, though I am sure he still mods a bit, not sure on that either. More veteran players that are not even posting, and when I was still playing, had not seen them log on in a few weeks.
    Thanks for noticing! I've switched to lurker mode. Loved what Trion was about, not really seeing it anymore. Since I don't know what to think, I decided not to defend or criticize, just watch. Apathetic, I guess. Haven't logged in game since before they removed falling damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    That's your issue, has absolutely nothing to do with me, couldn't care less, if you feel so "jaded" just stop playing, don't keep hanging around bleating and whining please. Like i already said you don't see me posting on other game's threads whining that the game has "let me down" and i have nothing to do, i just stop playing them, is that so hard to do?
    Ok, last time... since you can't seem to understand this - the reason people are so "jaded" ?

They paid for a year up front expecting more of the same "pace of content" that was in chocolate Rift. This has not been the case, so they feel like Trion handed them a tube of lube and said... "we don't give a f--k - you paid, you'll now get what we give you, you loyal naïve sap"

Then, they try and punt their un-polished game Defiance in the mmo that already feels like it is being neglected? Talk about stupidity.

Regardless of what was supposed to be in the game or not (I don't follow the forums close enough to comment - I used to get my info from Seatin when he played - and he's also taken a break from the game), game content has been lack-luster since launch. The carnival was a glorified rehash and grind. Content in the sense of "raids" - this is a PvE game and whether you like it or not, the raiding community - many are bored. In addition, outside raiding, the game is insanely grindy.

I, personally, am sure many others, have no problem with the "initial" product that was released - please try and get this now, but I do have an issue that they're not keeping up the same patch cycle as before. Also, the mushroom treatment from the community team isn't helping either.

I see you logging on almost every day farming fire rifts or jumping up and down in TB (dunno), doing crafting dailies, etc? Have no idea what the heck you're up to, but hey, maybe some people are pleased easier than others and can accept the repetition - I, and many others, who are now absent from these forums are not.

Please... I repeat... one last time... no-one says Rift is a crap mmo. People feel let down... for valid reasons - the financial investments is but one major, pretty damn obvious one.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 07:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Thanks for noticing! I've switched to lurker mode. Loved what Trion was about, not really seeing it anymore. Since I don't know what to think, I decided not to defend or criticize, just watch. Apathetic, I guess. Haven't logged in game since before they removed falling damage.
    Yeah, you, Seatin, and many others are gone or taking a break.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mightyquinn View Post
    Played since day 1, bought the one year with the Storm Legion exp. and now I haven't played since Janurary-Feburary cause theres nothing to do but grind boring CQ or dailys. I feel the problem is that the patches haven't kept people busy until the next patch release. Hopefully 2.3 brings enough content for people to play until 2.4 and so on. That's what I feel like Trion needs to do to keep its playerbase. Hope 2.3 comes soon cause I still consider Rift my fav MMO/game
    Great, name Quinn, but now I got that friggin' song in my head :P

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    People like Lathais, Kitty and myself hang around and "bleat" because we love Rift and Trion. Because we want to see the games succeed and thrive. It's the same reason I've poked around the SWTOR boards for so long. I want to see the game thrive and succeed. I levy my criticisms in area's I feel they need to improve on, and have praised them (and I've praised Trion/Rift a lot) in area's I feel they've done well over the years.

I'm not going to stop posting because I'm unhappy with the current state of the game. I'm going to let them know (assuming Elrar still has time to poke around the forums, which I hope he does) about it and add my voice to whatever group shares similar feelings.
    Thank you - my sentiments exactly - I love the game. I really do. I love the art, the play-style, hate the PvP and Conquest grind and grind in general - wish it could be toned down x4, but generally love the Dungeons, Raids.

also, keeping the dissatisfaction and this thread alive will hopefully allow Elrar to see it sooner and maybe help him work on a strategy to repair the damage. People are leaving. My guild hardly has enough raiders to raid and I must say, I don't even feel like bothering at this point.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 07:36 PM ----------

I appreciate the reply Edge and you will notice that i do tend to ignore these types of Threads, mostly, but when people start posting exaggerated non issues with the game without links to back up their claims of course i will step in, present my counter viewpoint and provide links/Dev posts etc to back me up.
    I love the way he agrees and disagrees with Edge in the same sentence. I would say a drastic slow-down on content compared to the previous expansion is pretty goddam big issue.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-05-10 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    You'd normally be getting those quests from a quest hub anyways, they just bypass the need for you to pick it up and then go back to the hub to turn it in. It's supposed to be a more organic form of quest delivery (just like you stumble across many of the non-story quests, compared to picking them up in hubs)
    And it is, but I don't like those quests when they're delivered "organically" anymore than I liked them when I got them at quest hubs in the original game. I just don't like mob grinding quests, and it seems (to me, mind you) that killing things takes forever. I spend a ridiculously long time murdering mobs, in comparison to the time I spend in WoW. I just got really bored and when I thought about going back and doing all of the carnages to get from 58-60, I couldn't stomach the idea. :-\
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate the reply Edge and you will notice that i do tend to ignore these types of Threads, mostly,
    We noticed... No, no you don't.

Deleted
    Considering they have Defiance and Archeage to worry about, i think it is good the pace of content they are doing, it is not like chocolate Rift, but works, i guess, competition is ferocious too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kalegos89 View Post
    Considering they have Defiance and Archeage to worry about, i think it is good the pace of content they are doing, it is not like chocolate Rift, but works, i guess, competition is ferocious too.
    Now this is just making excuses for them. Their other projects are not my concern. So, no, it doesn't work.

Considering I am subbing for a particular game that I assumed would continue to be supported during the period I invested in, paid for a year up-front, in anticipation of more of the same as last year, it's "not my problem" that they are stretching their resources. There is nothing to consider. It's their problem. They need to fix their team. While I sympathize with their restructuring, they need to fix the problem - the onus is not on the consumer to just accept it after paying for a service. Sympathy only extends so far.

To keep me as a customer, I expect them to keep the pace same as before. There is no "feeling sorry" for a company or settling for any less than you expected when they have entered a contract with a consumer - even if it is only expressed or implied from past experience with their delivery / performance.

People who see a company fail or slack in their games gradually lose faith in it over time and are more reluctant to purchase, especially pre-order future titles from them.

Trion's very ethics and integrity come into question selling a game contract for a year and then essentially doing almost nothing for 3~4 months.

It is with derision that I look at this cross-promotion promoting of a new game of theirs they are launching in a game they can't even appear to manage properly.

While I enjoy the new mount and things, I would have preferred a five-man or two. Lets be honest... farming more rifts? No change in mechanics, no challenge... once again a mindless grind hoping for some RNG. That is not fun.

As a customer, I fully demand some sort of compensation for their poor service. If this situation does not improve, Trion will never see another recommendation /or dime from me.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-05-10 at 07:45 PM.

I do think Trion maybe set up unrealistic expectations of themselves for the long run with their content updates of the past. But yes they should have realized that once they set that expectations they needed to keep it up. Or at the very least keep the communication up. I personally would not feel so bad about the content issues if communication was a lot better. I hope the new community person will help with that issue though. But we will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliso View Post
    I do think Trion maybe set up unrealistic expectations of themselves for the long run with their content updates of the past. But yes they should have realized that once they set that expectations they needed to keep it up. Or at the very least keep the communication up. I personally would not feel so bad about the content issues if communication was a lot better. I hope the new community person will help with that issue though. But we will see.
    Yes, I agree - that... lack of communication is a big one.

Hoping they are more responsive and assuring to the community now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    blizzard and trion seemed to have switched positions :S blizzard is now releasing more content than ever and its the opposite for rift >.<
    yea its just a shame blizzards quick content is poo and up setting everyone hehe.

looks like an oddddddd pattern though... release lots of quicker content = huge sub declines and release less content = sub declines ??

MMOs in decline ??? even though sub losses might equate to low overall figures; does it mean this a trend that is happening?
    we're not even a year into these new xpacs pff.

trouble is though. no one knows how much work is involved in making content, unless you work in the industry. but I have no idea myself on the man hours and cost needed to create content patches...
    Last edited by mmoc414535b0a7; 2013-05-12 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliso View Post
    Here is what is pissing me off. See below

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...s/dev-tracker/

Before Defiance released we were getting active communication from class devs, daglar, and Elrar DAILY. Dev tracker backs this up. After Defiance this game has gone dead silent for any type of information. The PTS has ZERO updates. Daglar all but guaranteed Seastone will be closed shortly by being a smart ass to an already extremely pissed pvp playerbase asking for news and raising legitimate concerns.

Slipmat knows damn well that something the size of Dendrome will need to be on the PTS for 2+ months. This puts 2.3 at the end of July...maybe maybeeeee beginning. 2.2 was at the end of February and that puts 2.3 4+ months out from that date AT BEST

From 2.1 through 2.2 and up to 2.3 there has been little real addition to the game outside of what can clearly be called a recycled grind fest of an event. You can say we're being negative and advise people to avoid MMO-champ like I have seen Slip do lately, but you cannot support this drop off in communication.

WoW just lost 1.3 million players in under 3 months because of people pissed off at pay to play, then someone decides it is a good idea to drop off all communication and slow down the release schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Here is what is pissing me off. See below

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...s/dev-tracker/

Before Defiance released we were getting active communication from class devs, daglar, and Elrar DAILY. Dev tracker backs this up. After Defiance this game has gone dead silent for any type of information. The PTS has ZERO updates. Daglar all but guaranteed Seastone will be closed shortly by being a smart ass to an already extremely pissed pvp playerbase asking for news and raising legitimate concerns.

Slipmat knows damn well that something the size of Dendrome will need to be on the PTS for 2+ months. This puts 2.3 at the end of July...maybe maybeeeee beginning. 2.2 was at the end of February and that puts 2.3 4+ months out from that date AT BEST

From 2.1 through 2.2 and up to 2.3 there has been little real addition to the game outside of what can clearly be called a recycled grind fest of an event. You can say we're being negative and advise people to avoid MMO-champ like I have seen Slip do lately, but you cannot support this drop off in communication.

WoW just lost 1.3 million players in under 3 months because of people pissed off at pay to play, then someone decides it is a good idea to drop off all communication and slow down the release schedule.
    Here is what is pissing me off: everyone providing their own supposition and subjective insights while attempting to pass it off as fact.

I think we can all agree that communication has lessened a great deal but to say that the release of Defiance is to blame doesn't necessarily check out. It was the departure of Scott Hartsman that, in my mind (in other words, an opinion), kicked off the dramatic lessening of communication.

Daglar absolutely did not confirm Seastone is closing. In fact, here are his own words: "Right now, we have no plans for Seastone that we are able to act on.I'd like to address some of the Cross-Shard issues for players on the server, but that cannot happen in short order.DaglarCreative Director: RIFT". How you can get, from that, that Seastone is "all but guaranteed" to be closed betrays your blindfolded rage for the current state of a game you supposedly love.

Then you go on to say that Dendrome will take 2+ months to test? I seem to recall Ember Isle taking substantially less time than that to test. Further, who's to say Trion hasn't been doing their own internal testing on it for some time now? They do, after all, have a QA team that exists, in part, for this very purpose. This is obviously supposition but I'd bet my Rift account that 2.3 will drop prior to July - this is a safe bet, after all, because my account is cancelled anyway for the moment.

We're all frustrated at the slowed pace in content release and we would all definitely like more communication but let's stay reasonable about this and stick to the facts - if only because it's the best way to ensure continued sanity.

Kinda wondering how many more hotfixes they will give us before 2.3 hits... we are already upto 12 hotfixes... give us 2.3 asap, the population (whats remaining) is bored to hell :P

Deleted
    my only concern is 2.3 that is getting too late....other than that i think that ppl are over reacting

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Kinda wondering how many more hotfixes they will give us before 2.3 hits... we are already upto 12 hotfixes... give us 2.3 asap, the population (whats remaining) is bored to hell :P
    I am finding the mixed message odd. Ember Isle had about 4+ weeks of testing on the pts. Dendrome so far has had almost none. Wonder if they will just drop it and say screw us and let us try and break it on live.

Deleted
    I am finding the mixed message odd. Ember Isle had about 4+ weeks of testing on the pts. Dendrome so far has had almost none. Wonder if they will just drop it and say screw us and let us try and break it on live.
    already said on official forums 1-2 weeks ago that when 2.3 hit pts it will stay for a few weeks!
    My guess is 3 weeks on pts, then 2.3 hit live servers while they continue pts testing dendrome zone and whatever have in it

You are correct about EI testing. EI hit the PTS on 10/8/2011 and hit live on 11/16/2011 for a total of 38 days or 5 weeks, 3 days. Hopefully Dendrome will go much quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grim Awakening will stayed closed until 2.3 hits. We very much appreciate how much time and effort you brave testers put forth and I think we're going to have a very fun AND challenging Sliver.

Also the art team did a pass last week and pretty-ified the place up a bit so it will be more demonic than ever before.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...le-pts-12.html

They seem happy to wrap up Grim Awakening in a nice, shiny bow, all testing, final pass and polish is done but no doubt the Conspiracy Theorists will find something to keep banging on about it

Someone call Jesse Ventura

My mod hat is on now. Knock it off. People have concerns, that's fine. Insulting them is not. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-05-14 at 06:01 AM.

Deleted

They seem happy to wrap up Grim Awakening in a nice, shiny bow, all testing, final pass and polish is done but no doubt the Conspiracy Theorists will find something to keep banging on about it

My mod hat is on now. Knock it off. People have concerns, that's fine. Insulting them is not. -Edge
    nice
    so the new raid is coming at 2.3 , cause i heard that it wasnt confirmed
    Also i see that almost everyday there are news regarding 2.3 .....cant see that there is no communication from trion like some ppl saying. Just no news about dendrome cause maybe they want to make sure its ready when they announce sth.

I saw the same post Slip which is why I am confused about the 2.3 release date. That post maybe hints at 4-6 weeks out, but still no pts testing and still no schedule on the next live stream.

For those who are still confused: patch 2.3 will hit live on June 12 (pts some time beforehand presumably). It will contain a 10 person T2 raid, but NOT a 20 person raid. There will also be 3 outdoor raid bosses location unknown. There is a are two 20 person raids (more than 1 hinted) in 2.4.
    Last edited by gonterf; 2013-05-14 at 08:35 PM.