View Poll Results: Which class is most likely to appear in WoW?

Voters
254. This poll is closed
  • Demon Hunter

96 37.80%
  • Tinker

86 33.86%
  • Neither (explain)

72 28.35%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    no demon hunters. as already mentioned Warlocks = ranged Demon Hunters - sorry but they have ALL their unique abilities from WC3 and if you want to put them ingame you will have to completely revamp the Warlock class - so no.

Trinkers are funny, i really hate them in DOTA I could imagine them ingame as RangeDDs, but have to say no to the idea of them using XBows and Bows. So there is a lack of weapons to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    Personally I'd rather Rangers. Petless hunters that use a different mechanic. Could even have ranger for alliance, dark ranger for horde (identical abilities, just different names sorta thing). This is more of what I want rather than what I think will occur.
    So tell me how to separate them from hunters. As with the Demon Hunter and Warlock/Priest class, the abilities of the dark rangers (wc3) are already ingame within the Hunter and Warlock class. Also there is no way of having two "hunter"classes ingame. They are just to similar. Think it is more likely to become the fourth spec of hunters, if this feature makes it through.

After all, i hope for 2 new Races and new Models for the old ones with 6.0 - and in two/three years (7.0) we will first see a new class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know this tinker sound like It will introduce new kind of weapons in game because I cant imagine it holding Bow or crossbow. That would be very hard to make and it will Lack transmog options imo.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Deleted
    I quite like the idea of a 'Tinker' class, I'm thinking Mail Wearing, & I'd imagine it'd take cues from the 'Mechromancer' in Borderlands 2 (I.E summoning robots as CD's or whatnot).

Meet the human tinker healing spec
    Last edited by xicoia; 2013-04-18 at 11:19 AM.
    When someone says that women can not join a raid there's only one question left.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They raid without healers?

Deleted
    Demon hunter is never going to happen.

The challenge is tinker vs bard.

I personally think tinker will be next.

Now ... when this *next* is going to happen is not sure. Maybe in 1 or 2 expansions.

Deleted
    Tinker gets my vote. Leave demon hunter to the one where we face Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by xicoia View Post
    Meet the human tinker healing spec
    Hit it, doc!

I would say DH is cooler choice but Tinker will be much easier for blizzard to imagine the idea. DH is hard to be expanded upon but it's possible. There are certain classes that I think will never happen such as bard,necromancer,shadow hunter,blademaster.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-04-18 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd just like to point out that while every DH ability has been farmed out to other classes, every Tinker ability from WC3 has not. Also Blizzard could utilize the Goblin Alchemist for more Tinker abilities. Those skills also aren't in any other classes.

Tinker abilities from WC3;

Pocket Factory
    Cluster Rockets
    Engineering Upgrade
    Robo Goblin

Alchemist abilities from WC3;

Healing Spray
    Acid Bomb
    Chemical Rage
    Transmute

Those two heroes are the only ones left from WC3 that have abilities that are completely absent from any class in the game.

Outside the obvious ones of course, like Pit Lords and Crypt Lords.

Tinker tank.....oh god yes plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would like to see the Demon Hunter, but the Tinker would probably have much more uses, options going for it
    Last edited by Shurk; 2013-04-19 at 01:38 AM.

Deleted
    I chose none, purely because we're reaching a point where most of the "unique" class types have already been taken... I'd rather Blizzard possibly spent time on a new playable race + remodels of the older races rather than shoehorning in a new class.

However, if I had to choose from the above options then Tinker would be the best IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurk View Post
    Would like to see the Demon Hunter, but the Tinker would probably have much more uses, options going for it
    Yeah, that's why I chose Tinkers over DHs. Makes more sense, and it is a stronger template for a full WoW class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, that's why I chose Tinkers over DHs. Makes more sense, and it is a stronger template for a full WoW class.
    I don't see that. DH would work will with a BL xpac

Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Both classes confirmed for 5.4

10+ Year Old Account
    They both sound fun. DH is more likely to be a future addition to Locks tho' with all of the glyph-style attention they've been getting. It could be something altogether different, but I have trouble imagining such a thing, considering every other card has either been played or is just too fricken generic to attract attention.

I will say this Teriz, love 'em or hate 'em, these threads have attracted a LOT of attention.

That speaks volumes.

Demon Hunter would fit thematically with a Burning Legion expansion, and it'd be an absolute shock and a waste of an entire expansion worth of foreshadowing if the next expansion wasn't legion-based. However, there's huge overlap problems with them and other classes - particularly since they JUST added an agility-based dual-wielding class in MoP.

Tinker is an ok idea since it's the last major WC3 unit that has little to no representation in game outside of professions, but it has no thematic connections with just about any sort of expansion you can imagine, and seems like something they'd only add if they REALLY wanted a new class as an expansion feature, but didn't really have one that helped drive the story. I'm usually a huge fan of technology-based classes, and they would fit in nicely with the WoW Lore, but I can't see any reason for them to be added at this point in the game.

Other ideas I've seen are highly unlikely (like the "dragonsworn" idea in a world where they're downplaying the dragonflights, necromancers or dark rangers which are as hard or harder to set apart from similar classes than Demon Hunters). There's always a possibility they'll throw something at us out of left field, but again, that only happens if they really need a class to feature as a selling point for the expansion.

I'd put good money on the next expansion having no new class. They need at least 1 more expansion to get Monks solidly into the fold and clean up the classes that have specs struggling to find identity. I'd expect something like major spec overhauls or alternative advancement (Path of the Titans redux) as the big selling point.

Probably Daemon Hunter as an Warlock spec and Tinker as a new class, ppl are crazy about having an engineer in wow.

Daemon Hunter is gonna be tank/dps spec somehow
    Tinker as an healing/dps/tank class.

The only problem is, that Monks are already universal, so adding another universal class sound boring.

Deleted
    demon hunters fit a burning legion xpac, tinkerers fit...well nothing just a bad idea that get some voice from gundam fanboys.
    just give me naga race and i'm fine.

Tinker.

We don't need another Melee DPS class in the game.