elemental shaman pvp stats?

so i have seen some guys saying crit is the way to go ( i have also seen somme top players at worldgraphs go crit aswell) but i really dont get it they say elemental blast > lavaburst proc > fulmination is the way to kill someone without ascendence wich i get cause its incredibly hard to cast with ascendence is up every1 will go for you but still crit scales so bad you start at like 10% and reforging everything wil make it like 13 or so thats so un reliable not to mention lava burst crits all the time. reforging everything to mastery gets you to almost 50% chance to do 75% additional dmg wich isnt so far away from a crit, and haste gives you more lava burst procs and makes it easier to cast ele blast. Any1 with some R1 intelectual that can share some light on it? :]

Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    so i have seen some guys saying crit is the way to go ( i have also seen somme top players at worldgraphs go crit aswell) but i really dont get it they say elemental blast > lavaburst proc > fulmination is the way to kill someone without ascendence wich i get cause its incredibly hard to cast with ascendence is up every1 will go for you but still crit scales so bad you start at like 10% and reforging everything wil make it like 13 or so thats so un reliable not to mention lava burst crits all the time. reforging everything to mastery gets you to almost 50% chance to do 75% additional dmg wich isnt so far away from a crit, and haste gives you more lava burst procs and makes it easier to cast ele blast. Any1 with some R1 intelectual that can share some light on it? :]
    IF they are going crit i highly doubt they're doin it for the off chance that they can get some nice crits with fulmination and Eleblast. As you said your self even if you reforge all your gear to crit you will still have a pretty tough time getting about 20-25% crit. They're most likely doin it so healing surge has a greater chance to crit since it heals for a pathetic amount if it does not crit. As of right now ele shams have a really tough time playing nothing but defensively since we spend so much time getting trained by an opponent. About 9times out of 10 i find my self doing nothing but hugging walls and trying my best to LOS healing when i can much like healers do. it can be really frustrating, but we simply just do not have the defenses to play more offensively like alot of the other classes.

they said specificly theyr going crit to get kills with ele blast lava burst fulmination combo

Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    they said specificly theyr going crit to get kills with ele blast lava burst fulmination combo
    well try it out and see how well it works out for you.

not 90 yet on shaman just wondering, crit seems kinda wierd to me but most people seems to go with it