Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Man, i just wish they at least gave us a preview of that new Dwarf model they were saying looked so epic at leaaast! The new models prolly doesn't come out until the expansion after the next one tho! Don't put ur hopes up too high... Well, one can always hope they come out sooner i guess. Really don't want crappy models!
    *Waiting for Artifact Knowledge work orders*

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd absolutely love updated character models, but let's be realistic here.. they aren't likely to happen this expansion. That's fine with me, as it's a piece of bait I expect Blizzard to put on the hook for next expansion.

On topic: What if it was simply a new "social" (like /hug /flirt and the like...) ?
    /model <-might cause you to prance about as if on a catwalk/runway fashion show

[I just got disturbing images of "I'm too sexy" in my head. Damn you Right Said Fred...]

#FlightIsImportant

Quote Originally Posted by Winkleslob View Post
    Man, i just wish they at least gave us a preview of that new Dwarf model they were saying looked so epic at leaaast! The new models prolly doesn't come out until the expansion after the next one tho! Don't put ur hopes up too high... Well, one can always hope they come out sooner i guess. Really don't want crappy models!
    Expansion after the next one? Very unrealistic, would you think creating new player models takes several years? If anything they are taking their time to get it just right. But new models should be here with the coming expansion, heck they need at least something as "new feature", new player models for 6.0 would be one selling point for some.
    Last edited by Yuyuli; 2013-04-18 at 01:33 AM.

You're really reading into this?

The gun. I feel you have jumped it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Part of me wishes people paid more attention so they could easily tell the difference between the amount of attention devs have given these things and would stop posting this kind of thing.
    Omg, I agree. I am so tired of the dance studio complaint. I mean, look all we got in the game since Wrath and, really, people get pissed because one is missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean im like 99% sure its nothing, but its fun to tinfoil hat discuss stuff like this. Just because they added strings now doesn't mean they cant be for a year or two from now.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you decline the ToS (Term of Service), it rejects your attempt to even log in. That's the meat of what that string is.

Honestly, new models will come with an expansion like many people have theorized. It would be a tremendous selling point to have a graphical overhaul like this.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domani View Post
    If you decline the ToS (Term of Service), it rejects your attempt to even log in. That's the meat of what that string is.
    This seems like the most possible outcome. Honestly, just wait for it, its not like you cant properly play because you dont have the damn models this minute.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-04-18 at 04:34 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft. It's only a model...
    Where's the 'like' button?
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    pfft. It's only a model...
    shhhh!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yeah i was kidding, im 99% sure we wont see new models until at least next expac.
    Yea Blizzard would be extra stupid to release them in patch in MOP when it will be majore feature in next expansion and they can increase the amount of retired players getting back for this new awesome feature = more money.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

If they do implement it I hope they include an on/off switch. That way they won't take any heat from the nostalgia crowd and those who want new models can have their cake. And unless it's a lie, eat it too.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My gut tells me that new models will come out as a feature with the Siege of Orgrimmar or whatever the last raid in Mists is.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkleslob View Post
    Man, i just wish they at least gave us a preview of that new Dwarf model they were saying looked so epic at leaaast!
    Where did they say, that the new dwarf model looks epic? They just said, that the new dwarf model might be ready at the start of MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Where did they say, that the new dwarf model looks epic? They just said, that the new dwarf model might be ready at the start of MoP.
    They recently said it looks "pretty". Epic is something only Metzen would say.

Deleted
    Blizzard have said they will stagger the release of the new models, we won't be getting them all at the same time. So you can forget about it being a feature of the next expansion, it will come in content patches, so the question is "when?".

Deleted
    I'd bet money that the character model updates will be part of the next expansion. It's a shame and unnecessary but it's too great to release in a non-expansion introduction patch. It should be part of a patch because we're already paying monthly just to play the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    I'd bet money that the character model updates will be part of the next expansion. It's a shame and unnecessary but it's too great to release in a non-expansion introduction patch. It should be part of a patch because we're already paying monthly just to play the game.
    likely you wont need to buy the next expac to get the new models, but they porbably wont be put into the game until at least 6.0