Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Again, if you can find any kind of proof of substantial voter fraud, you're welcome to prove it's an issue, otherwise you apparently just hate the 24th amendment and thus everything the constitution stands for.
    Oh... so the bar is 'substantial'... tell me again Sir... how 'substantial' the number of deaths in the US are from assault weapons?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    wait... very tiny percentage... so you say it DOES exist? Holy Crap Decklan, do you know that an election can be stolen by a single vote? Do you? or do you just dont give a shit?
    I thought you were the party of not wasting taxpayer dollars?? Example: Florida instituted mandatory drug testing for welfare recipeints to make sure the "moochers" weren't using taxpayer dollars to buy drugs. A few dozen were caught, over 99.9% were clean, at the cost of millions of taxpayer dollars.

Could you be any dumber?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    Voter fraud is not, and never has, been a real issue, contrary to Fox News. Why make stricter voting laws when there is no evidence that it is needed? Because someone's candidate didn't get elected.
    Why make stricter gun laws, the law abiding citizens already follow the law... the criminals dont follow the law... and the goverment doesn't enforce the laws that already exist... So, I ask you very bluntly... Why make stricter gun laws?

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Why make stricter gun laws, the law abiding citizens already follow the law... the criminals dont follow the law... and the goverment doesn't enforce the laws that already exist... So, I ask you very bluntly... Why make stricter gun laws?
    So why have laws against murder? Because murderers will just murder anyway.

Such brilliant logic.

You are absolutely right, criminals don't obey laws, why do we even have them. FYI, i'm coming over to rob you later. Stupid laws don't apply to me. Why do we even have police? We should all just slap iron on our belt every day and let er fly whenever we feel threatened at any time. You keep talking about the rule of law, and then you say "why make stricter laws when they don't follow them?" SERIOUSLY??

And lets talk about stealing elections, as in, Governors trying to pass voter suppression bills last election, one going so far as to say, and this is a direct quote: "This bill will win the election for governor Romney." FAIL. Maybe you should try increasing your voter base instead of pissing everyone off.

Law abiding citizens are abusing today's gun laws. Look at all of the mass shootings this year alone, how many had previous records?

Also, I see how you dodged my original comment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh... so the bar is 'substantial'... tell me again Sir... how 'substantial' the number of deaths in the US are from assault weapons?
    So, it's been what, 5, 6 posts where I've asked you to show me where voter fraud has undermined the democratic process, and you have yet to deliver? Yeah, hypocrisy at its finest. So much for loving the constitution.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    I thought you were the party of not wasting taxpayer dollars?? Example: Florida instituted mandatory drug testing for welfare recipeints to make sure the "moochers" weren't using taxpayer dollars to buy drugs. A few dozen were caught, over 99.9% were clean, at the cost of millions of taxpayer dollars.

Could you be any dumber?
    I dont remember saying I supported that... Do you have a citation where I said I did?... Please present it. Unless you are trying to 1) claim I'm Republican (I'm not) and 2) claim that all republicans support everything that all republicans say and do.

If that is the case sir... then please explain for me all the gnashing of teeth over the sequester, when 1) it was an idea that came from the White House, and 2) it was a law that he championed, AND signed... and now is trying to blame someone else for? Bullshit.

Could you be anymore blatantly dishonest?

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 12:47 AM ----------

You are absolutely right, criminals don't obey laws, why do we even have them. FYI, i'm coming over to rob you later. Stupid laws don't apply to me. Why do we even have police? We should all just slap iron on our belt every day and let er fly whenever we feel threatened at any time. You keep talking about the rule of law, and then you say "why make stricter laws when they don't follow them?" SERIOUSLY??

And lets talk about stealing elections, as in, Governors trying to pass voter suppression bills last election, one going so far as to say, and this is a direct quote: "This bill will win the election for governor Romney." FAIL. Maybe you should try increasing your voter base instead of pissing everyone off.
    I didn't vote for Romney OR Obama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voter Fraud isnt nearly the issue that gerrymandering is. In Texas, every time a majority minority district emerges, the reoublican majority seeks to redraw district lines. I also have no doubt the same goes for majoriity demcratic areas. It needs to be stopped, and i personally think either outlawed or require federal approval.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    Law abiding citizens are abusing today's gun laws. Look at all of the mass shootings this year alone, how many had previous records?

Also, I see how you dodged my original comment.
    Answered your question with a question that you dodged

Tell me again how the government enforces the gun laws that already exist.

the common factor in all the shootings is the shooters needed mental health attention... wasn't their access to guns... Sorry... you and the others can continue to bang the 'guns are evil' drum all you want... I'm not gonna listen.

I dont remember saying I supported that... Do you have a citation where I said I did?... Please present it. Unless you are trying to 1) claim I'm Republican (I'm not) and 2) claim that all republicans support everything that all republicans say and do.

If that is the case sir... then please explain for me all the gnashing of teeth over the sequester, when 1) it was an idea that came from the White House, and 2) it was a law that he championed, AND signed... and now is trying to blame someone else for? Bullshit.

Could you be anymore blatantly dishonest?

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 12:47 AM ----------

I didn't vote for Romney OR Obama.
    I love it when they get all defensive, as if that somehow validates their logic. You sure as hell aren't a libertarian, libertarians would kick and scream at the very idea of voter id laws. It's an infringement of their freedom.

I love it when they get all defensive, as if that somehow validates their logic. You sure as hell aren't a libertarian, libertarians would kick and scream at the very idea of voter id laws. It's an infringement of their freedom.
    In my experience libertarians tend to cherry-pick what they believe and what they don't; half the time I even wonder if they know the definition.

The Far right have Fox and the Far Left have MSNBC while CNN is Left of middle so i don't see anything wrong with MSNBC catering to a certain group of people that want the news and all opinions to be spun a certain way. Its worked for Fox and so MSNBC is doing it as well. The best idea is to watch and look up stuff yourself and come up with your own view and not let the far left or right make it for you. Imo most people who watch either Fox or MSNBC have made up their mind long before any facts and that is "Our side is always right and the other side is out for their own good/destroy America." But hell if i ran a news company i would do what i had to do to make money its the name of the game after all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Voter Fraud isnt nearly the issue that gerrymandering is. In Texas, every time a majority minority district emerges, the reoublican majority seeks to redraw district lines. I also have no doubt the same goes for majoriity demcratic areas. It needs to be stopped, and i personally think either outlawed or require federal approval.
    I think rather than trying to prevent legal US citizen minorities from voting through underhanded means, the right should focus on why those minorities aren't voting for them. Hint, if you just keep saying "OMG DEY WANTS DEM HAND OUTS" you're never going to get anywhere, since even well off minority voters go blue.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Answered your question with a question that you dodged

Tell me again how the government enforces the gun laws that already exist.

the common factor in all the shootings is the shooters needed mental health attention... wasn't their access to guns... Sorry... you and the others can continue to bang the 'guns are evil' drum all you want... I'm not gonna listen.
    The Government does not enforce the gun laws it has on the books because a REPUBLICAN senator under the direct orders of the NRA made an amendment to a bill preventing the ATF from doing.... oh anything really, oh and they made the director of the ATF a senate confirmation position, and then refused to confirm anyone. The senator even PROUDLY stated that he handed the amendment to the NRA representatives to make sure the wording was correct. He might of well had their stomach contents on his face. (that was a brown nose reference.)
    Last edited by Sivick; 2013-04-18 at 06:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    msnbc has always been liberal and they dont try to lie and hide it unlike fox.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    So, it's been what, 5, 6 posts where I've asked you to show me where voter fraud has undermined the democratic process, and you have yet to deliver? Yeah, hypocrisy at its finest. So much for loving the constitution.
    1960 Presidental Election... 2000 Presidental Election... just 2 that are historically claimed by one side or the other as 'stolen'

and thanks for answering my question about assault weapons... I'll expect to see more of your dishonest posts about how we need to ban guns because they kill people

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    MSNBC's always been very liberal, at least for as long as I remember. Of the three major news networks, I've always preferred CNN because it's the *least* biased. (It's still biased toward the liberal side, but not so much that it's a major issue). Fox is hugely biased to the right, MSNBC is hugely biased to the left. *shrug*.
    CNN is simply sensational, they're quite unaligned, they like to make news about anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for telling me what I am and am not.. You really should figure out who you are before you try and tell others who they are... Since of course you know nothing about either.

In case you weren't aware, nearly everyone on MMO is a liberal, many to the point of thinking liberals in the US are actually right wing. You likely won't get too many people agreeing with you here that it's possible, much less wrong, to be too liberal.