Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    The graphics are turning me off. I miss my little sprites!
    I think classic RO is still available if you miss em.

Deleted
    I tried out the open beta weekend of RO2, because I started with RO1 back in the days in the open beta as well and I really loved and have very fond memories of it.

And what can I say... I wasn't impressed by what I saw. The gameplay was lacking, animations are very bad and the world felt awfully linear and restricted and didn't really fell in line with the map of the world build up by RO1. Graphics were also not impressing. Neither do they follow the unique style with sprites they had going on with RO, nor do they implement a new style or a good graphical engine. Funny enough I was also put off by the fact, that former mini-bosses like the Masterring and Eclipse etc. became standard mobs which are required by tutorial quests to be killed. This was a very weird moment for me.

So right now, I can't see me playing this game at all...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoist View Post
    I think classic RO is still available if you miss em.
    I think I will. It's been like since 2005ish? since I've last played.

But oh, the music of that game was amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unYx_6jmb8s
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I think I will. It's been like since 2005ish? since I've last played.

But oh, the music of that game was amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unYx_6jmb8s
    There's plenty of active players around the world. If I'm honest, I would advice going for a private server. Not because I specifically condone priv. servers, but the xp grind is quite heavy in this day and age. Where we all grew old and have less time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    There's plenty of active players around the world. If I'm honest, I would advice going for a private server. Not because I specifically condone priv. servers, but the xp grind is quite heavy in this day and age. Where we all grew old and have less time.
    I remember grinding out near Juno on my huntress on those flower things for hours. Is it true the game's become pay to win as far as exp bonus and weapons go?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I remember grinding out near Juno on my huntress on those flower things for hours. Is it true the game's become pay to win as far as exp bonus and weapons go?
    that i am not sure but there really are perks if you do spend some cash on the game. i myself played iRO1 from scratch last november and didn't spend a dime too. i managed to get a ranger and an arch bishop both at 100+. was able to buy decent gears including +9s and +8s, and full +7s for my priest. i stopped playing on january though.
    On your knees, I want you to beg for forgiveness.

i'm not sure about the client download thing XD gotta check first XD

Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    i'm not sure about the client download thing XD gotta check first XD
    there was a post on their offical FB page that the installer is for players that don't have the beta client installed. if you have the beta client, just patch it...

Meh, played it over last weekend. It seems to me they took away some of key elements that made RO one of a kind game and became more like generic MMOs out there.

If every MMO devs spread thin their focus and core of game for sake of "success" (bringing many audience as possible), well it will be forgotten pretty quick.
    Last edited by Elenion; 2013-04-28 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenion View Post
    well it will be forgotten pretty quick.
    i wonder how long will it last

this thread makes me want this again ;<

Quote Originally Posted by ChiYeon View Post

this thread makes me want this again ;<
    oh wow! what is that?

Meh, played it over last weekend. It seems to me they took away some of key elements that made RO one of a kind game and became more like generic MMOs out there.

If every MMO devs spread thin their focus and core of game for sake of "success" (bringing many audience as possible), well it will be forgotten pretty quick.
    yeah,.. like the card system >.<

to be honest, you can't blame the devs. some games out there that have been doing "unique" things are being buried in the sea of MMOs, never getting proper recognition. devs simply put their money on a tested sellable idea rather than taking a gamble.

to be honest, if they'd release ragnarok online 1 in 3D, i'd play it. alas, we don't have that. but hey, who knows? it might get better in the future. no game is perfect the first time.
    On your knees, I want you to beg for forgiveness.

RO1 in 3D... I'd actually like that better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiotakiBun View Post
    oh wow! what is that?
    RBO=> Ragnarok battle offline, I'd love to get a translated version of the game, Still have it with the 2 expansions but skilling up the korean names is just... D:

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 01:11 AM ----------

HAH! found the new game RO1 Creator is focusing on! wanted to post this game a long time ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gusRAlUWp_U
    Project R1, the spiritual sucessor from RO1

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    RBO=> Ragnarok battle offline, I'd love to get a translated version of the game, Still have it with the 2 expansions but skilling up the korean names is just... D:
    looks fun to play with, still working?

Quote Originally Posted by KaiotakiBun View Post
    looks fun to play with, still working?
    "Ragnarok Battle Offline", it's not an online game with servers or anything, you download it and play it.

There's also a translated version of the game if you google for it.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

The game went P2Win when they released Kafra, a lot of people can just sell the WarpPortal energy for Zeny now.. 1k WPE is like 100m Zeny.. So pretty much...

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 01:11 AM ----------

HAH! found the new game RO1 Creator is focusing on! wanted to post this game a long time ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gusRAlUWp_U
    Project R1, the spiritual sucessor from RO1
    CUUUTE :3 i wanna try that