Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    So, you tried out a farming bot, and you got banned for it? Good luck getting the ban revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Considering I was wrongly banned and I'm sure I'm not the only hardcore player to ever experience this, this thread is fine. Your reply however, is nothing more than a trolling attempt. Why not man up and discontinue your ISP service for the better of all.
    I made issue with the title of the thread and the obviousness of the question.

You really needed to create a thread to be told to contact support when you got banned? If this wasn't like the thing that jumped in to your head (and i can't imagine why it wouldn't be) when you got the email, then a quick look on their website would have sorted it for you.

You will have to excuse my lack of enthusiasm for the 100th "wrongly banned" thread of the week...

Also, the fact I have never been banned probably is a clue to the fact I'm not trolling. if you can't take a little criticism why are you even

on the internet o.o

I'd make fun of you but I don't want an infraction, plenty of people get banned for stupid shit all the time because It's automated so shush.
    Make fun of me for telling the OP his thread title is rediculous? Go ahead, you can make fun of people without getting infracted if you steer clear of personal insults and swear words

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    So, you tried out a farming bot, and you got banned for it? Good luck getting the ban revoked.
    No, I decided to to give my main a break and make some gold for the high end 100K+ and BMAH gold cap mounts.

I've never used a bot and simply busted my ass farming by hand supplying trade mats for my server. If anything this should serve as a warning to anyone else out there legitimately trying to farm up gold for whatever reason, that if you do it too much, you get banned regardless of if you're legitimate or not.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I made issue with the title of the thread and the obviousness of the question.

You really needed to create a thread to be told to contact support when you got banned? If this wasn't like the thing that jumped in to your head (and i can't imagine why it wouldn't be) when you got the email, then a quick look on their website would have sorted it for you.

You will have to excuse my lack of enthusiasm for the 100th "wrongly banned" thread of the week...

Also, the fact I have never been banned probably is a clue to the fact I'm not trolling. if you can't take a little criticism why are you even on the internet o.o
    Because I was looking for feedback from other players who have experienced similar situations and what they did to get it resolved as quickly and smoothly as possible. I've never been banned before and seeking the experience of others is natural in unfamiliar situations. Everyone knows that Blizzard paints with a wide brush and once accused of something, it's not a secret that they believe you're 100% guilty until proven innocent. Innocent PvPers banned during the win-trading fiasco recently come to mind.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I decided to to give my main a break and make some gold for the high end 100K+ and BMAH gold cap mounts.

I've never used a bot and simply busted my ass farming by hand supplying trade mats for my server. If anything this should serve as a warning to anyone else out there legitimately trying to farm up gold for whatever reason, that if you do it too much, you get banned regardless of if you're legitimate or not.
    I've had guildmates in the past get banned for making too much gold in a short period of time as well. Normally you can call Blizzard and get it fixed but I guess the rules are different for botting bans.

They should be able to review the logs if no automation software was used (G15 keyboard, etc) and they will unban you.

Glad to see blizzard taking action against the bot's

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I've had guildmates in the past get banned for making too much gold in a short period of time as well. Normally you can call Blizzard and get it fixed but I guess the rules are different for botting bans.

They should be able to review the logs if no automation software was used (G15 keyboard, etc) and they will unban you.
    Would Auctionator addon be considered botting? I used that addon to help manage my auctions and post my items, but that's the only addon I've used in conjunction with my farming.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 07:47 PM ----------

Update:

Hey there,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the account you are using. We understand your point of view and have thoroughly reviewed this issue. As a result, the account action has been removed from the account and all involved parties have been addressed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please remember that the security of the account you are using is crucial. We recommend following the http://us.battle.net/security/checklist.html on our Account Security site at http://us.battle.net/security/index.html.

Please feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns you may have. Thank you for your time and patience in this matter and your continued interest in Blizzard Entertainment.
    Glad it's resolved but I still feel that had I not wrote my ticket properly that this could have easily been rejected. Regardless of being legitimate or not, I think this could have easily gone the other way. Glad it did not and thanks for the information and support of the non-trolls in this thread.

You are very lucky! Back in 2006 I had quit wow because I had gotten bored. One day I got an email saying that my account was banned. I was like WTF. I called my husband over and was is this real or fake? Well, it was real. Someone had gotten my account and used it to farm herbs/gold etc. It took me 2 months to get my account back, after many "we will not reopen your account due" emails I called and asked to speak to a supervisor, at first they said no, and I said I will call every day until I pseak to one. I finally got one and they told me they would look at my account. Later that day I got an email that my account had been reopened and that they had evidence an overseas credit card that was not in my name was used on the account. I was happy but annoyed at the same time, like why did it take 2 months to get it back.

You got way too bent out of shape about it,tbh. They suspended your account as a safety measure for you. You even said it yourself, you decided to change your normal routine and farm like mad on an alt. They saw suspicious activity from your account and took preemptive measure to help protect it. Much in the same way a credit card company will call you to verify if you suddenly make a large purchase that is outside of your normal activity.
    to: preposition; used as a function word to indicate position, connection, extent, relation ~ too: adverb; also, very, excessively, so

Quote Originally Posted by Promark View Post
    You got way too bent out of shape about it,tbh. They suspended your account as a safety measure for you. You even said it yourself, you decided to change your normal routine and farm like mad on an alt. They saw suspicious activity from your account and took preemptive measure to help protect it. Much in the same way a credit card company will call you to verify if you suddenly make a large purchase that is outside of your normal activity.
    This sums it up, if you get banned. Don't go "ZOMG I BEEN WRONGLY BANNED" Contact blizzard, appeal it and wait for a response. I would be annoyed that i had to take a break from farming.... but it's nice to know that if someone does hack my account and farms, that they will lock the account down.

Deleted
    Seems there's a lot of these apparent false bans lately. How strange.

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    Seems there's a lot of these apparent false bans lately. How strange.
    More stringent security measures means more false positives. Entirely expected.

The true positive compromised-account farmbotters won't come whining to MMO-C about it, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would Auctionator addon be considered botting? I used that addon to help manage my auctions and post my items, but that's the only addon I've used in conjunction with my farming.

---------- Post added 2013-04-18 at 07:47 PM ----------

Update:

Glad it's resolved but I still feel that had I not wrote my ticket properly that this could have easily been rejected. Regardless of being legitimate or not, I think this could have easily gone the other way. Glad it did not and thanks for the information and support of the non-trolls in this thread.
    Auctioneer would not but my guildmate was temporarily suspended in the last 2 expansions when new raids were released. She made close to 400k gold selling enchants and gems for new gear in like 2 days. Whatever automated tech they use it catches large gold transactions aimed at bot farmers.

Glad it's resolved!

EDIT: Didn't see the updated response - please PM me if you have any other general questions, I'll be happy to chat.
    Last edited by Araxom; 2013-04-18 at 11:35 PM.

Considering account banning/suspension is the most severe punishment they can possibly issue, the fact that they don't allow live support to address it is pretty messed up and is poor customer service imo.

The thing that bothers me the most is that it's very obvious that little to no investigation into my account activities was done to verify the legitimacy of my farming. They just saw consistent high farming amount and/or someone wrongly reported me and they just banned the account without a second thought. Had they even bothered to investigate my play time before I started farming, reviewed the bug tickets I submitted during farming runs, reviewed my chat logs during my farming times, it would be super obvious that I was simply determined to stop being poor in game and that I have no life.
    If you farm for 8 hours a day you will probably be banned automatically. No investigation will be required.

I have been wrongly banned in the past for almost the same issue. I do not know the exact specifics of your case but I called the blizzard lines and they looked into it and unbanned me. Essentially they thought I was sharing account information because I was online for 22 hours per day for like a week lol farming my ass off to go buy a carry for an achievement mount. But blizzard was very professional about it all and actually was friendly over the phone. So good luck to you and if what you say is true you will get your account back.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

I got wrongfully banned as well and the gms told me pretty much tough crap even though priorly i was only banned for 3 hours Ive been fighting to get my account back because I feel like it was wrongful and they won't give it to me at all.