Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wrongly banned - best way to get if fixed?

I saw how profitable it can be to make a farming toon via Tarou WoW Guides and decided to make a herb/miner toon who was completely optimized for farming. I decided I was tired of being poor all the time and I've spent the past two weeks farming like crazy and selling my goods via the AH.

Log in today and see that Blizzard has banned my account for botting even though I've no idea how one would even go about getting a bot. I simply farmed my ass off day after day.

Anyone else experience anything like this? What's the best way to handle getting the account activated again?

Contacting Blizard support would be a start.

phone blizzard support - probably the quickest and easiest way to sort it out.
    <insert witty signature here>

Call them and say the Codeword: ZiZi Fly, they will unban you after that.

In all seriousness just explain it over the phone.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Call Blizzard. If you're innocent, they'll likely let you off the hook.

Deleted
    Call them. It's by far the best way to get your account back. With that being said, you don't get banned for "farming your ass off day after day". There's probably more to this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Viveras View Post
    Call them. It's by far the best way to get your account back. With that being said, you don't get banned for "farming your ass off day after day". There's probably more to this story.
    No. There isn't.

I've been putting on TV and farming in 1 hour blocks for around 8 hours a day. Jade forest can get you 30-38 stacks of Ghost Iron Ore per hour. Herb/mining combo can get you more stacks per hour.

slim chance that u will get it back, dont bother calling them they wont do anything, take the time an write a letter and submit it via the online ticket thing, they have a new system for detecting bots so if u were botting its gone.

Quote Originally Posted by xcentrik View Post
    slim chance that u will get it back, dont bother calling them they wont do anything, take the time an write a letter and submit it via the online ticket thing, they have a new system for detecting bots so if u were botting its gone.
    Then their new system is flawed. If a GM had investigated my toon and ever followed me during my farming, they would easily see that everything is being done by hand.

Guilty until proven innocent I guess.

Their phone lines don't open for another hour - bleh.

Your movements during your farming were probably too bot like. Mix it up when you farm. Every once in awhile go do something else. Chat with other players, etc. etc.

Although as an aside when I raided I only have about 5k on me at any given time and I found that to be more than enough for my raiding needs and I even brought my own consumables for myself. If I was short then I did some dailies until I was back up to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Your movements during your farming were probably too bot like. Mix it up when you farm. Every once in awhile go do something else. Chat with other players, etc. etc.

Although as an aside when I raided I only have about 5k on me at any given time and I found that to be more than enough for my raiding needs and I even brought my own consumables for myself. If I was short then I did some dailies until I was back up to that level.
    I regularly chatted with guildmates while farming, taking breaks and chatting in /trade during my AH dump trips, and random AFKs during my farming runs. I've even submitted bug reports during my farming runs when I discovered some NPC bugs in Jade Forest.

Considering they have multiple mounts and such that cost 100k+, it's really surprising that they get pissed off when people decide to work for the amount needed to acquire those items.

This is just really frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Then their new system is flawed. If a GM had investigated my toon and ever followed me during my farming, they would easily see that everything is being done by hand.

Guilty until proven innocent I guess.

Their phone lines don't open for another hour - bleh.
    Best way is to call them and talk to someone, verify your account and explain your case. I've never been banned in any manner, but with the RMAH sometimes my Diablo 3 would get locked for whatever reason, and the person on the phone usually said something along the lines of "Looks like the account was wrongly locked and I've unlocked it now, see if you can log in now, call back if you have this issue again".

Mistakes happen, and if this truly was a mistake on their part, then your account should be unlocked. Just tell the person on the phone you feel you were wrongly banned and have never botted and all that stuff, should be a simple and quick process, have your secret word/phrase and whatever else ready.

Update on this:

Called Blizzard support and was immediately told they no longer handle account appeals and that it is only done via battle.net support tickets.

Submitted my ticked and I'm awaiting response. This is pretty rediculous.

Deleted
    My account was banned a week ago because it was hacked and my gold, mats etc was transfered etc. I used the blizzard support and was connected to a GM within the following 5 minutes. He was very friendly and competent. He fixed my problem and helped me with internet-security, authentificator etc. I was very surprised but the service was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogaeu View Post
    My account was banned a week ago because it was hacked and my gold, mats etc was transfered etc. I used the blizzard support and was connected to a GM within the following 5 minutes. He was very friendly and competent. He fixed my problem and helped me with internet-security, authentificator etc. I was very surprised but the service was great.
    Apparently they don't offer live support for account suspensions of any kind. Blizzard is pretty f'd up with this process. They ban you and basically give you the middle finger, even if you're wrongly accused.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    Apparently they don't offer live support for account suspensions of any kind. Blizzard is pretty f'd up with this process. They ban you and basically give you the middle finger, even if you're wrongly accused.
    It may seem that way but it is done in the interest of better customer service, phone-based customer service is really inefficient for handling the number of claims a company like blizzard would get in a day. Unless you feel like sitting on hold for 5 hours...
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    It may seem that way but it is done in the interest of better customer service, phone-based customer service is really inefficient for handling the number of claims a company like blizzard would get in a day. Unless you feel like sitting on hold for 5 hours...
    Considering account banning/suspension is the most severe punishment they can possibly issue, the fact that they don't allow live support to address it is pretty messed up and is poor customer service imo.

The thing that bothers me the most is that it's very obvious that little to no investigation into my account activities was done to verify the legitimacy of my farming. They just saw consistent high farming amount and/or someone wrongly reported me and they just banned the account without a second thought. Had they even bothered to investigate my play time before I started farming, reviewed the bug tickets I submitted during farming runs, reviewed my chat logs during my farming times, it would be super obvious that I was simply determined to stop being poor in game and that I have no life.

This has to be the most obviously obtainable answer other than titling your thread: whats 1+1

Why not just man up and title the thread "QQ I got banned - I'd like to moan about it and elicit sympathy"

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    This has to be the most obviously obtainable answer other than titling your thread: whats 1+1

Why not just man up and title the thread "QQ I got banned - I'd like to moan about it and elicit sympathy"
    Considering I was wrongly banned and I'm sure I'm not the only hardcore player to ever experience this, this thread is fine. Your reply however, is nothing more than a trolling attempt. Why not man up and discontinue your ISP service for the better of all.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post

I'd make fun of you but I don't want an infraction, plenty of people get banned for stupid shit all the time because It's automated so shush.