Thread: Kanrethad bugs

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kanrethad bugs

Didn't know whether to post this in the main discussion or not.

Has anyone else noticed the huge amount of bugs in the Kanrethad fight?

Here's a few ive noticed when trying to get my green fire.

1 . Kanrethad sometimes casts cataclysm before the Imps

2. Sometimes, your demonic gateway dosen't work ( even with 5 charges and no cooldown)

3. Kanrethad sometimes casts cataclysm within 30 seconds of summoning the felhunters, and if you cant enslave the enemy you're meant to stop a 1 shot kill with, how do you do it?

4. The enslaved Pit lord is automatically on defensive instead of assist, so it runs to you instead of attacking.

5. Getting killed by Chaos bolt around corners because the hit detection on the pillars dosen't correctly LOS.

6. Getting Killed by Chaos bolt when your pet has aggro.

7. Sometimes Kanrethad bugs out and casts the soft enrage 3 times in a row, ending up with 21 mins on your enrage timer

8. Sometimes your Pit lord despawns

I could go on, i'm currently trying to do this fight and ive noticed numerous bugs, I like the challenge, but I dislike how the fight is based on mechanics which sometimes dont work

Anyone else noticed these bugs?

Thanks

Martyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post

2. Sometimes, your demonic gateway dosen't work ( even with 5 charges and no cooldown)

3. Kanrethad sometimes casts cataclysm within 30 seconds of summoning the felhunters, and if you cant enslave the enemy you're meant to stop a 1 shot kill with, how do you do it?

4. The enslaved Pit lord is automatically on defensive instead of assist, so it runs to you instead of attacking.

5. Getting killed by Chaos bolt around corners because the hit detection on the pillars dosen't correctly LOS.

7. Sometimes Kanrethad bugs out and casts the soft enrage 3 times in a row, ending up with 21 mins on your enrage timer

I could go on, i'm currently trying to do this fight and ive noticed numerous bugs, I like the challenge, but I dislike how the fight is based on mechanics which sometimes dont work

Thanks

Martyn
    What I hear you say is that you are a bad player and cannot cope with mechanics. Your best hope is to love orange instead of green.

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-12 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    Apart from 2.,8., and 7. I would /sign snotubble's post.
    It definetly is possible, it definetly takes some (more) tries and it definetly has some RNG. But the whole game has some RNG - and that's okay.
    Just give it some more tries!

Wow. the guy came in here for some help and all he gets is a douchebag response. if your not gonna help him dont say shit. are there any nice people left out there....

Quote Originally Posted by snotbubble View Post
    What I hear you say is that you are a bad player and cannot cope with mechanics. Your best hope is to love orange instead of green.
    How does that help the discussion. No point in posting useless and insulting responses, there are other forums you can use to be an asshole. pleast gtfo

OT: I have noticed a couple of these, but i dont recall the exact situation, so I will keep running it and see if i notice any of the issues you described.

I agree, majority of those aren't bugs, they're the mechanics. And yes, there's some RNG to it, which can be frustrating, but is by no means a bug.

1. See above
    2. What, I never, ever, had that. You sure you don't have the debuff? Use a regular portal as backup.
    3. See above. You kill the felpups faster, that's how you do it. There's a soft enrage on the felpups and this is what it is
    4. If you don't have the pet attack abilities keybound, this fight will be next to impossible for you.
    5. You have to take into account server latency. Don't hide last minute, but hide well before the cast ends. You'd have gotten hit anywhere else if you screw this up. Furthermore, you can survive a chaos bolt if you fuck up and see it fly, with appropriate use of your warlock abilities.
    6. .....Your pet is not supposed to be tanking. It's not supposed to soak chaos bolts. Look at your pet abilities, that's what your pet is here for, not to make it tank and spank.
    7. I have no idea!
    8. That's fucked up.

In short, you need more practice to deal with mechanics.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-04-12 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snotbubble View Post
    Do yourself a favour and do not post next time.

OT - yes, the bugs are annoying keep up the pressure and victory will be your eventually.

I didn't run into any bugs really when getting my green fire done. To address each of your points individually though:

The only time this is sort of out of place is when he goes to cast Cataclysm before the first set of imps but then immediately cancels it himself. I had this occur on pretty much every attempt and whether it's a bug or not I'm not sure. Either way it'd be easy to interrupt since I'm usually spamming Charge on CD for the damage boost at that time.

I never experienced this one, but I did also glyph for gateway attunement since clicking on the gateway is sometimes difficult in the middle of adds.

You want to make sure the Felhunters do NOT devour the Enslave off your pit lord. This is the sequence I used:
    1) As Kanrethad goes to begin summoning Fel Hunters, move my pit lord to the left and behind the portal (if facing the portal). I did not necessarily move the pit lord out of LoS.

2) Soulshatter so my pit lord now has aggro on Kanrethad and will eat the Chaos Bolt.

3) Soul Burn: Soul Swap onto each Fel Hunter as they spawn to immediately snag aggro on them.

4) Keep the felhunters facing away from the pit lord at all costs. Their range with devour is HUGE, however, if they are never facing the pit lord, they cannot devour the enslave.

5) Kill Felhunters asap, if one is still alive and Kanrethad goes to cast Cataclysm, just use your pit lord charge on him as usual. (A Macro is handy for this).

Usually immediately after Enslaving the pit lord, I would use Charge on Kanrethad, then Ctrl + 1 to set the pit lord to attack and not worry about it until Fel Hunters/Doom Lords.

I've seen this often being posted as an issue, but I never had a huge problem with it. I think what a lot of people may be doing is using the Gateway to LoS the Chaos Bolt. While in mid-flight to the Gateway destination, the Chaos Bolt cast completes and Kanrethad hurls the bolt at you. From your point of view you're behind the pillar, but the Chaos Bolt is already mid-flight and smashes your face behind the pillar. You have to make sure you're out of LoS BEFORE the cast completes.

You should have some time between when you see a Chaos Bolt coming at you and when it hits you (albeit very little). Using some defensive cooldowns (Sac Pact, Unending Resolve) you can easily survive the hit, though I had my fair share of Chaos Bolt deaths just because I wasn't paying attention.

I've heard of this happening and seen it in videos, however I never had it happen in any of my attempts. Regardless, the normal 7 minute "enrage" is more than enough time to defeat him unless you're going for a low-ilvl kill.

I had this happen once but I'm fairly sure it was because I abused the Pit Lord heal a little too much. It is entirely possible to kill him. On the flip side, I have heard of a bug where if you Soul Burn summon a new pet and Sacrifice it, the pit lord can despawn. I haven't seen it first hand though.

For the most part the mechanics seem to be spot on, just keep at it and you'll get him and your green fire
    For what it's worth, I did it as Affliction w/ an ilvl of 495.

Did it as destruction at 487-9, took me about 20-30 attempts.

Thanks

Martyn
    1. Its a bug when he doesn't cast it.
    2. Probably because you were standing to close to the gateway when the cooldown came off, move away and come back.
    3. Charge him anyway, if you have the felhunters on you and turned right your pit lord won't get released.
    4. So? tell him to attack the old fashioned way.
    5. Demonic Circle or Sacrificial Pact + Twilight Ward. Running away from it usually gets you killed cause he casts it right before you get around the corner.
    6. Your Demonic gateway debuff fell of right when he was about to cast Chaos Bolt. It happens.
    7 + 8. Never happened to me.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2013-04-12 at 05:45 PM.

Right lets get stuck in

Yes he does but he NEVER finishes it. So therefore its a GOOD mini-bug, as it lets you get some free dps and delays Curse of Doom even more

I have noticed this as well and it can get annoying. But it never happened often. Like twice in 100 attempts?

This...is part of the fight, Not a bug at all. Its up to you to figure that out

Erm..Is it really that hard to hit Ctrl +1 when you enslave?...really?

It does correctly line of sight. Im sorry but youre not getting behind pillars fast enough

If he casts a chaos bolt at you that means YOU had aggro, Warcraft aggro works like that

Ive had this happen once, but its not a big deal. Once again its not a common bug

Never ever had this in 100+ attempts of trying

Quote Originally Posted by Zulcrakin View Post
    I didn't run into any bugs really when getting my green fire done. To address each of your points individually though:

The only time this is sort of out of place is when he goes to cast Cataclysm before the first set of imps but then immediately cancels it himself. I had this occur on pretty much every attempt and whether it's a bug or not I'm not sure. Either way it'd be easy to interrupt since I'm usually spamming Charge on CD for the damage boost at that time.

I never experienced this one, but I did also glyph for gateway attunement since clicking on the gateway is sometimes difficult in the middle of adds.

You want to make sure the Felhunters do NOT devour the Enslave off your pit lord. This is the sequence I used:
    1) As Kanrethad goes to begin summoning Fel Hunters, move my pit lord to the left and behind the portal (if facing the portal). I did not necessarily move the pit lord out of LoS.

2) Soulshatter so my pit lord now has aggro on Kanrethad and will eat the Chaos Bolt.

3) Soul Burn: Soul Swap onto each Fel Hunter as they spawn to immediately snag aggro on them.

4) Keep the felhunters facing away from the pit lord at all costs. Their range with devour is HUGE, however, if they are never facing the pit lord, they cannot devour the enslave.

None of that worked for me. I could not reliably drop aggro no matter what I did (possibly because of my gear, I was around 508 or something when I did this?), and I'd eat chaos bolts myself soulshatter or no soulshatter. Facing away the felhunters at best delayed it, but unfortunately never stopped the devouring. In the end how I fixed it was:
    Send the lord to the opposite side of the room
    Having saved up 2 - 3 embers, the moment first spawns, immo and start kiting towards my LoS pillar for chaos bolt
    Havoc on the first the moment the second spawns, chaos bolt the second, all the while LoSing chaos bolt
    And now burst them down as fast as I can. By this time the lord will be near me, as the enslave will be devoured, I can re-enslave, and get ready to interrupt Cataclysm. (note that all this time the pups are faced away from the pitlord, but the devour still happens, though it's so random sometimes they cast it once and risking a re-enslave could be very productive, or they'd chaincast it and re-enslaving meant death, sometimes they don't cast it at all (which unfortunately was rare)).
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-04-12 at 05:52 PM.

Another note on this one. I think a lot of people seem to think Demonic Gateway is also a threat dump. In short, it's not. For the duration of the debuff that it puts on you, yes, you'll usually drop aggro (unless there's nothing else for him/them to hit). When the debuff expires you will usually have aggro once again. Think of it like a temporary ignoring of threat that resumes upon expiring. Going through a lot of the Kanrethad threads, I get the impression that people think Demonic Gateway is essentially like a Soulshatter and it's not.

Deleted
    Took me about 15 seconds to kill all 3 felhunters at 497 ilvl as affliction, with Havoc and CB you should be killing them faster at 508 ilvl.

Edit: Also on my kill attempt, my doomlord (popped at the start) took the 1st Chaos bolt, and I never managed to over aggro the Pit Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    None of that worked for me. I could not reliably drop aggro no matter what I did (possibly because of my gear, I was around 508 or something when I did this?), and I'd eat chaos bolts myself soulshatter or no soulshatter. Facing away the felhunters at best delayed it, but unfortunately never stopped the devouring. In the end how I fixed it was:
    Send the lord to the opposite side of the room
    Having saved up 2 - 3 embers, the moment first spawns, immo and start kiting towards my LoS pillar for chaos bolt
    Havoc on the first the moment the second spawns, chaos bolt the second, all the while LoSing chaos bolt
    And now burst them down as fast as I can. By this time the lord will be near me, as the enslave will be devoured, I can re-enslave, and get ready to interrupt Cataclysm. (note that all this time the pups are faced away from the pitlord, but the devour still happens, though it's so random sometimes they cast it once and risking a re-enslave could be very productive, or they'd chaincast it and re-enslaving meant death, sometimes they don't cast it at all (which unfortunately was rare)).
    I have heard of strats that encompass this. Basically they would send their pit lord to one end, and kite the felpuppies to the other. Then, by the time the Pit Lord comes to smash their face, you can re-enslave with the felpups dead. Others I've seen fear their Pit Lord. For me, I just made sure I grabbed aggro immediately and faced them completely away. I think it was determined that their Devour had a 270(ish) degree frontal cone? Something like that.

Thanks

Martyn
    1. The Pre-Imp Cataclysm cast is ALWAYS cancelled by Kanrethad REGARDLESS of whether or not you use the Pit Lord's Charge.

2. I had this happen to me, as well as it despawning(I blame the felhunters) so I just grabbed Glyph of Gateway Attunement so I didn't have to click it.

3. This is just a Mechanic. Kill the felhounds faster or make sure you have your pit lord charge interrupt him. Either works.... although you miss out on DPS if you are still killing felhounds while he is stunned.

4. Hit Control+1. It is not hard.

5. You are not using gateway soon enough. the LoS Mechanic works fine.

6. If he casts Chaos Bolt at you then you have agro. Try using soul shatter before the felhound phase to drop your agro.

7. Never seen this, but what is the problem exactly? You are complaining about getting extra time?

8. Never seen him despawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know about the mechanics behind the felhunter part, I probably overdid it by saying 30 seconds, what ive seen a few times is that after all 3 felhunters are out, Kanrethad will use a chaos bolt, cancel it, then go straight into cataclysm, multiple times ive gotten past phase 2 felhunters however and havent had the boss go into cataclysm and trip out, so im presuming that it isnt intended behaviour.

The pillar in question is the first one on the left of the portal, it seems to happen in phase 2 quite a bit, I can TP to behind cover and because it isnt a sharp angle, even if you're to the left of the pillar it still curls round and hits you, and obviously ,with the felhunter and pit lord on you, if the bug occurs, it one shots.

I've completed this fight twice now.

1. It's part of the fight. Sometimes he will, sometimes he will not. He will always run to the middle during that part regardless.
    2. Fix this by clicking your gate. I've never had this actually be a problem.
    3. This is part of the fight? I don't see the issue.
    4. How hard is it to make a macro that changes him to assist? Or a petattack macro? Come on now.
    5. Latency is a factor. It takes a long time to cast that ability, why are you waiting so long to hide? If you're going to end up eating it, sacrificial pact+twilight ward. Also, keep in mind that if you're CORRECTLY using gates, you should never eat a chaos bolt.
    6. If he's casting a chaos bolt at all, it means you had aggro at some point. He will not cast it if your pitlord has aggro. Use your gate more.
    7. That has never happened to me.
    8. Also has never happened to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: I should mention that I caught quite a few of the bugs on fraps, so when I get them sorted out and uploaded to youtube, the videos can do the explaining.

I've only had one bug: that was when kanrethad died, I could turn in my quest but the pitlord was still battling the doom lords... Turn in the quest and I'm starting the channel on kanrethad to get my green deliciousness... And the pitlord dies, doom lords switch to me and kill me before I get my green fire. Bummer, I die and walk back to kanrethad to do the channel again, but those damn doom fuckers are still standing there next to kanrethad as his fucking bodyguards. I whip out my voidy, they two shot him and decide to rape me once more. This destroyed my gear and I'm completely red. In the end with some kiting and banish/fearing I'm able to get the channel going long enough to get my green fire. Phhheeeew, hope you understand how fucked up it is after you finally get him down.

Oh and one more thing op: if you have not hotkeyed your pet control, you should clearly rethink if you really want to play a pet class I'm sorry to say.
    Read the signature rules

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Staalie View Post

Oh and one more thing op: if you have not hotkeyed your pet control, you should clearly rethink if you really want to play a pet class I'm sorry to say.
    No, I have no hotkeyed pet control, in the past i've never needed to, even after playing a lock / hunter for numerous years, usually, i'd just click whether I wanted to have my pet on agressive, defensive, or passive, i've never had any problems with it in the past and I don't on this fight, it was more just annoyance of casting charge on kanrethad, which increases his damage taken by 100%, then the pit lord come back over to me, instead of continuing to attack him, it's hardly gamebreaking and I can click it, but it's still an annoyance.