Thread: Soul leech

Deleted

Soul leech

Is it just me or is soul leech utterly useless as affliction? :s as far as I can tell it only absorbs the MG ticks and not the extra dot ticks it does... seems really bad imo

How would it be useless? Building a nice little protective bubble around yourself is useless? Maybe you are mistaken in what you are talking about or need to clarify a bit more.
    Cyner#1996

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    How would it be useless? Building a nice little protective bubble around yourself is useless? Maybe you are mistaken in what you are talking about or need to clarify a bit more.
    I think he's mostly referring to how the shield builds incredibly slowly as affliction compared to demo/destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I think he's mostly referring to how the shield builds incredibly slowly as affliction compared to demo/destro.
    I don't really find it that slow, I play afflic ms, unless he's using it for pvp for some reason?

Regardless - posting something just to complain without having anything productive to say is kind of a waste.
    Last edited by Cyner; 2013-04-18 at 07:56 PM.
    Cyner#1996

I don't know that I'd go so far as to say utterly useless, but it certainly depends on the context.

Soul Leech as affliction to me seemed to be best used as more of a mitigation effect, softening but not nullifying the damage that I took. As Destruction it generally is a massive buffer which can sometimes let me take a few hits from trash mobs in raid or soak a high-damage effect without needing triage immediately after.

For me it's my clear favorite in my Destro main spec. I think Affliction may just look at the tier one talents much more situationally.

I often build 200k in shield with Soul Leach, So, I guess it's quite good at burst.

Soul leech may be less powerful as affliction, but it is still incredibly powerful. When I combine it with soul link, I am typically the lowest on damage taken for nearly every single fight this tier. I usually swap between aff and demo for most fights this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nardale View Post
    Soul leech may be less powerful as affliction, but it is still incredibly powerful. When I combine it with soul link, I am typically the lowest on damage taken for nearly every single fight this tier. I usually swap between aff and demo for most fights this tier.
    This exactly^ It's a very good combination in PvE.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.