Heroic Council of the Elders

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-8rrl034wcg22lbn5/

Looking for some help about picking up my damage. I'd rather keep it about damage and tips rather than Hey use deterrence for stuff. Right now im usually pretty low, Ive been thinking hunters aren't that great for Council but i wasn't sat for it. Instead our Warlock was. So any feedback or help i can get about popping CDs here or there or something of that nature would be greatly Appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...A9ero/advanced

Wouldn't u gain agi by going for socket bonus on chest? (Im counting +20 agi and 160crit/haste, 160 hit)

I changed my gemming because of my Hit. Also had to switch weapons.

Just saw this thread (my bad )

The only thing I can really comment on is to use barrage, it is much better than glaive toss for this fight.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Ya. I swapped between em to see the difference. I just feel really weak on it. Not sure if its because im not keeping 4 SrS up or something Just feel weak. Plus If i dont deterrence instantly with Frostbite + healer Cd i die. Bleh

Frostbite is the hardest part of this boss, deterrence it is a must I'd say if you get it. Healthstone aswell if you feel like you need to.

We're progressing this ourselves at the moment, skipped it this week to go Magera instead.

If you can pop det right before frostbite hits you, it wont go on your im pretty sure, like ionization in jin'rokh, keep serp sting up at all times on as many as you can with MS, and try not to waste time srs the loa spirits and stuff, i find it best to spam some arcanes or use a LnL proc then back on boss for some cobras then tab back, keep a steady rotation, and I recommend posthaste for sand traps and easy to move around fast just in case, if you feel you can live with the long det cd. Oh and also Ive been using a crit>mastery>haste build for this for extra srs damage, seems to be working good with me using fervor.
    Last edited by Henron; 2013-04-20 at 02:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunters are just a bit weak on that fight

Deleted
    Hmm, i've watched your logs and especially that you play 10 man as me, I've got a few tips:
    First of all >Barrage< as someone mentioned, it's incredibly better on this fight than GT ;o
    Secondly, I think that Explosive Trap is way better too (I assume that one of your tanks keeps Sul and Malakk together), switch to BA after Sul's death.
    Now the hardest part - multidotting : D Even when u burn down Sul I'd recommend to keep up Serpent Sting on every boss, especially on pull while being buffed with pre-pot and both trinkets. But i think that Multi-Shoting Sul & Malakk and mouseover refreshing SrS on Mali and Kazrajin every 15 sec between Explo Shots isn't that hard ;] Just needs some practise... Good nameplates and boss frames showing your DoTs are also very useful.
    Last thing is Readiness. I prefer using it just after I pop every single cd at the beginning with 2 explo shot and 2 aMoC (one on Sul, second on Malakk)
    Of course, I don't know whether u have problems with Full Power or not which can strongly affect your overall dps, but hope this will help you a bit with this COOL boss (cmon, it's one of my favourite!) And even if we're not the best (as on every boss : P ) you can still pull pretty nice dps 210k for me this week, sure, with better gear than you, but I believe in ya!
    GL and have fun on the boss
    Last edited by mmoc0295bea9e3; 2013-04-20 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henron View Post
    If you can pop det right before frostbite hits you, it wont go on your im pretty sure, like ionization in jin'rokh, keep serp sting up at all times on as many as you can with MS, and try not to waste time srs the loa spirits and stuff, i find it best to spam some arcanes or use a LnL proc then back on boss for some cobras then tab back, keep a steady rotation, and I recommend posthaste for sand traps and easy to move around fast just in case, if you feel you can live with the long det cd. Oh and also Ive been using a crit>mastery>haste build for this for extra srs damage, seems to be working good with me using fervor.
    Wrong. Doesnt work - I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Wrong. Doesnt work - I tried.
    Truth. Works for mages and pallies, but not hunters.

@SanQQi, I MD Frost King to our Monk. So Im throwing my SrS, BA, aMoCs on him. Then readiness throw everything on Suul along with Stamp. I am usually Mouse overing SrS but mainly on High Priestess. I thought about Explosive trap but i figured having BA up on the Empowered target would be more beneficial.

I don't like ExT on that fight because my tanks always seem to be changing positions even if it's only to taunt Malakk more effectively. Maybe I need to read their minds better. We're certainly not Method and having a warrior leap in and out to taunt Malakk and keep him there.