How to get raid ready?

Hello,

I am seeking adivce for getting raid ready, rather quickly and efficently. I know there is emperial source stones, but from running normal 60 instances does not seem an efective way to gear up. Id like to get into raiding, but am stuck in a spot.

Thanks!

Option 1: Buy the expert gear set off the cash shop on 6/12/2013
    Option 2: Run experts till your eyes bleed and pray good gear drops
    Option 3: Get enough plat and go win the auction at the raid daily

The amount of grind introduced in Storm legion in every aspect sent up dozens of red flags that free to play was coming.

Get your crafting on and grab two of the epic rings (for whatever your class/spec is), epic belt and epic helm. Empyreal source stones are pretty much useless after 55 since quest gear is generally better. If you find yourself a bit short on hit at 60 then throw a hit rune on your gear and run random experts since the Expert Mark gear is relatively cheap since you get 4 marks per random completed for a total of 28 per week. And just do zone events when you can for infinity stones and try to supplement your gear with the IS gear.

Or...as Pure said, just buy it off the cash shop next week. Unfortunately, there is no "shortcut" until next week unless you want to spend the cash on the gear.

W hat really frustraited me the first time i tried to get heroic dungeon ready was even queueing for leve 50 dungeons time after time had me no where near ready for heroics or MM. Maybe im just thinking to much of my BC progression days but it went normals, rep/crafting, heroics, then into raid 10 man, then 25. Im just so lost on how to even progress without farming tons of the.stones in the level 60 zones.

We'll if nothing changed since I did it on 50, the entry expert 5 mans once level capped, we're very easy. Get proffesion up to craft abit if you can afford epic BOE's, else buy items on AH, and that was about it. Rest off the drops comes from 5 mans or badge vendor, if thoes still exsist.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    We'll if nothing changed since I did it on 50, the entry expert 5 mans once level capped, we're very easy. Get proffesion up to craft abit if you can afford epic BOE's, else buy items on AH, and that was about it. Rest off the drops comes from 5 mans or badge vendor, if thoes still exsist.
    lulz that changed. Instances used to reward purples and marks per boss. Now shit chance of a purple and only marks at the very last boss.
    Instances are a complete turn off because there is no reward and pugs lasting to the end are the definition of hell.

Just buy the gear set when it goes F2P. They made gear progression a living hell to encourage you to use the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankendog View Post
    W hat really frustraited me the first time i tried to get heroic dungeon ready was even queueing for leve 50 dungeons time after time had me no where near ready for heroics or MM. Maybe im just thinking to much of my BC progression days but it went normals, rep/crafting, heroics, then into raid 10 man, then 25. Im just so lost on how to even progress without farming tons of the.stones in the level 60 zones.
    You seem to want everything right away so as Puremallace said, just buy it all on the shop next week. Almost nothing takes no grind to get gear unless you get very fortunate with your drops. I don't recall it taking that much time to get into heroics back at 50. I think I had more trouble getting into heroics in SL than pre-SL.

There are just multiple avenues of pursuing gear. Like I said, you have to mix and match a bit. Either wait til F2P and buy the stuff with your money or spend some plat and craft the pieces you need while doing dungeons. You can buy the dungeon shoulder set after 6 random experts. Yes, PUGs can be a pain sometimes, but it's part of the game and environment.

TLDR: Buy the gear or do what everyone else has done. There is no "quick" way short of pulling out your Visa or MasterCard on June 12.

Cash shop is quickest. Otherwise simply run tons of dungeons.

I define quick as taking about 2 to 3 weeks. I feel it is doable, even without spending 6+ hours a day playing. Ill keep you updated on how long and how much it costs.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    good computer to be able to run the raids without crashing or lagging lagg can lead to you dying or worse killing your raid.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Cash shop is quickest. Otherwise simply run tons of dungeons.
    Doesnt look like you will be able to buy gear with the credits from what I saw, unless I was looking at it wrong.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Destrudo View Post
    Doesnt look like you will be able to buy gear with the credits from what I saw, unless I was looking at it wrong.
    Oh you will, just not raid gear, or at least not current tier raid gear. Expert gear is confirmed
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Just buy the gear set when it goes F2P. They made gear progression a living hell to encourage you to use the store.
    I am a great critic about the grind in the game while leveling 50~60 and also infinity stones, not to mention the "event" that was a "re-hash", but to say the instances are grindy is just plain dumb ~ in relation to any other mmo out there, it is pretty "normal".

Getting a set of expert gear is about the same level of effort as Warcraft ~ I would argue "less so". There are at least TWO good pieces of gear from crafting. There are two ~ three good, upgradeable quality gear drops from the first chronicle (which can be done daily)

I am a casual (2~3 x per week 2~4 hours a time) player and successfully managed to pug enough stuff to do raids before F2P. Once I got a guild, it was easy as hell to get gear.

If anything, the game promotes being in a guild. The grind from 50 to 60 sucks if you try to rush it, but if you do the story quests, mix it up with a dungeon in a guild run, the experience is quite enjoyable.

EDIT: that said, my third (mage level 30) and fourth (warrior lvl 21) level 60 will be XP potted to the hilt.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-06-04 at 07:06 PM.

Well thats just lame, why should you be able to purchase gear for credits, even if it isnt the base gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thats just lame, why should you be able to purchase gear for credits, even if it isnt the base gear.
    You can purchase a set of expert gear to get raid ready ~ if you want too rush it. You don't have to, but you have the choice too.

Would you rather have the game changed / dumbed down to suit the casuals? or the casuals pay more to suit the game? All this allows is for people with limited time to be able to get "raid ready" quicker or would you prefer a LFR where everyone sees the boss fight and there are no "first time" boss experiences, no anticipation, different levels of difficulty for the same boss?

Trion is doing the right thing to cater for "casuals" by not changing their game for the hardcore guys.

Buying basic "raid ready" gear doesn't give "casuals" the achievements for downing bosses and doesn't give them the best gear in the game. "Casuals" will always be behind everyone else who is raiding.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-06-04 at 07:19 PM.

I guess that is a good way to look at it Wocky, I mean I guess I would love to get into raids asap but feel that I would be missing out on key things if I didnt run the content to get raid ready. Personal preference I guess.

There is really no link from the dungeons to the raids in Rift. The game sticks very close to the theme park bimodal endgame design as possible. So much so that the 10 and 20 man raids are themselves tiered and discrete instances.

One can craft quite a lot of raid entry gear too.

It is not uncommon or overly difficult to ding 60 in Rift and be raid ready in a day or so. Just from crafts/speed runs/AH/WE, etc. So it's not really that big a deal to sell the entry gear in Rift via cash shop. Much less so than it looks like at first glance or for those not familiar with the practical workings of Rift.

Thanks for the explanation Fencers, i havnt played in forever and wasnt too sure how much had changed. I just remember grinding marks from the old experts to get my first set of purple gear before trying to find Greenscale raids.

Guess I have dinging 60 in SL to look forward to now and gearing up all over again (or just PvPing)

Gearing up in Rift is kinda overstated. Sorta get most gear by repetition alone. It's all but a guarantee players will be nearly BiS geared at some point so long as long as they play the game [invest time]. People can't really "fail" in Rift.

Rift is the game of a 1001 currencies & tokens. There is a token for nearly everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that is a good way to look at it Wocky, I mean I guess I would love to get into raids asap but feel that I would be missing out on key things if I didnt run the content to get raid ready. Personal preference I guess.
    I'm not as situationally aware as I used to be which is why I probably enjoy raid-leading as it forces me to pay more attention ~ if I get time, I may get back into that, so where I can buff my character, I will do so ~ for doing as much dps as I can (while I live). So, I will buy the rest of the gear I am missing so I won't be as much of a burden on my dungeon party as I would be without the gear. With that guild perk for 45% extra tokens, it's not too punishing getting dungeon gear.

Other ways of getting gear: I forgot the epic seal which can also be crafted and bought, the rings as well, the crafted weapon, so more like 5 to 6 epic items can be bought right off the AH - also, the dungeon boxes (if you go into the LFG) drop some level appropriate lvl 60 blue gear as well. Also, revered with most factions sells some great blue gear as well. The essences are usually a bit overprices for the source engine, but you should be able to get blues for 10~20 plat occasionally.

I know there are people who come to dungeons with the bare minimum, but some of us casuals buy the best we can, put runes on our gear and can only be criticized for being new to a boss encounter, not for lack of effort. The cash shop is awesome for me as I won't feel so intimidated by being grossly "newly dinged 60" undergeared.

With my newbness, latency (to a degree) I do 10~20% less than the top dps guys playing the same class. I am improving all the time, however. I play Inquisitor and will probably muck around with the shaman. Really torn between the rogue and cleric at the moment, however. I like playing range dps.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-06-05 at 06:50 AM.