Thread: Lei Shen in LFR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What's impressed me in the two times I've done Lei Shen in LFR is how many people go back to the electrified quadrant at some point, mostly during second transition, despite multiple warnings/people screaming in raid chat. lol I was trying to help a tank learn the fight but when he pulled Lei Shen onto the electrified conduit after first transition and didn't move him, I couldn't stop the vote kick.

I'm trying to remember Madness in LFR for the first couple of weeks and I could've sworn it was equally as annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    I'm trying to remember Madness in LFR for the first couple of weeks and I could've sworn it was equally as annoying.
    That just goes to show that no matter how annoying or difficult blizzard tries to make their LFR end of tier pinata, no one will remember it anyway.

I think the words you're looking for are "SINGLE TARGET THE TENTACLES! FFS SINGLE TARGET THE TENTACLES!!!"

I macrod up some basic instructions (What to do on each pillar and where groups should go in transitions), kept calling it out and *leading* the raid, and we did him on the 2nd attempt.

Basic communication works wonders, and if you're going to complain about the fact that no one talks and it just causes wipes - then be the raid leader yourself if you apparently know so well.

Fun fight though.

I don't think VO is an issue. Just communicate each mechanic as clearly as possible. Mark four spots for p2, mark four healers with corresponding colors and then just talk a bit about the other mechanics. Short sentences, as clear as possible.

Thing is in the end throughput makes everything easy. You need certain levels of hps/dps in raid to fight a reasonable challenge. Wiping over and over, ppl leaving/joining usually ends once you have group with reasonable throughput. Determination does the same thing.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Madness was terrible for a while until people settled on the One True Platform Order.

After that, all the wipes were due to blistering tentacles ... 8 minutes into the encounter of course.

I got half way through the original post and then decided I'm never going to queue for Part 4 LFR.

Deleted
    Tbh, after all the hysteria about "the terrible Thunder King" Lei Shen left me with a "this was it?" feeling. Despite of some mechanics being annoying, it hardly feels like an epic confrontation.