Deleted

Is this considered as account sharing?

Hello, friend gave me an acc about year ago, since he stopped playing completely back in wotlk. Is this considered as account sharing or something you might get suspended for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not just suspended, permanently banned.

Deleted
    According to the EULA it is. Since you cant trade, give or sell accounts. Using other than your own account is not allowed unless it is within your family.

With that said I highly doubt that you will get suspended for it unless your friend reports you for some reason, so I would continue to play and dont think about who is the original owner of the account. You are definitly not the target for Blizzards dont share account policy.

It's definitely account sharing but will you get suspended for it? Possibly, the risk is lower if you live in the same area but it's always a possibility.

Deleted
    I am gonna borrow this thread if you don't mind, as I have a similar question.

My brother at the age of 18 created my account for me as I wasn't old enough, but as I now am over 18, is there a chance that I might get full control over the account, as in changed name of the owner?

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is risky business doing it, but as long as you have all the necessary information from the previous owner, your chances of loosing it is rather slim (unless you get reported with a strong case against you). Whether it is against the EULA? Yes, it is. And you will get permanently banned if you're caught.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 07:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malecesar View Post
    I am gonna borrow this thread if you don't mind, as I have a similar question.

My brother at the age of 18 created my account for me as I wasn't old enough, but as I now am over 18, is there a chance that I might get full control over the account, as in changed name of the owner?
    You should make a new thread for this.

As a short answer to your question: If you're able to produce a valid confirmation of this occurring, then you might be able to do it. By a valid confirmation, I mean ID's showing you and your brothers age and that you share the same last name. I know of people previously having done thing. BUT, if your account is locked to your brothers battle.net account, then you won't be able to get full control of it. Blizzard is unable to and won't transfer licenses from one battle.net account to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    It's definitely account sharing but will you get suspended for it? Possibly, the risk is lower if you live in the same area but it's always a possibility.
    It doesn't matter where you live. People can move you know?

There's 0 reasons you could get banned unless your friend reports you which is quite unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackHeart View Post
    According to the EULA it is. Since you cant trade, give or sell accounts. Using other than your own account is not allowed unless it is within your family.

With that said I highly doubt that you will get suspended for it unless your friend reports you for some reason, so I would continue to play and dont think about who is the original owner of the account. You are definitly not the target for Blizzards dont share account policy.
    The only permitted sharing of an account is between a parent/guardian and 1 child who is a minor.

Like the others have stated, it is account sharing, but the only way you'll get banned is if Blizzard has proof that you're not really him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post

You should make a new thread for this.

As a short answer to your question: If you're able to produce a valid confirmation of this occurring, then you might be able to do it. By a valid confirmation, I mean ID's showing you and your brothers age and that you share the same last name. I know of people previously having done thing. BUT, if your account is locked to your brothers battle.net account, then you won't be able to get full control of it. Blizzard is unable to and won't transfer licenses from one battle.net account to another.
    Okay, thanks for the answer. We do indeed share battle.net account so I guess I am screwed