Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which percentage of wow population use/read/post on Mmo or others?

I dont know if we can measure it by any means, would be really interesting to see. Number of registered ppl dont mean much since there are only ppl who read (dont need registration) and many ppl who arent here anymore.
    I dont think more than 10% visit/read/post.... shall we call them vocal minority?

And if percentage is really that low, do threads like "Why everyone hate LFR" have any meaning?

Nowhere near an amount to use anything said on the forums as being indicative of anything, that's for certain. I don't know an exact percentage but it's very low. Most people who play WoW have no idea forums even exist for it; maybe they know about Wowhead, but they don't know about MMO-C or maybe even the official forums. This is why you have to take anything posted on the forums with a grain of salt because while there may be a lot of people posting on the forums, compared to those who don't it's a sand grain. People post on the forums about things like LFR being terrible or heroics being too easy, but the majority doesn't see that problem.

Yes, seems like we can talk about things, but just cant make any conclusions about the game as a whole

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    at least 75%, maybe more

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    I dont know if we can measure it by any means, would be really interesting to see. Number of registered ppl dont mean much since there are only ppl who read (dont need registration) and many ppl who arent here anymore.
    I dont think more than 10% visit/read/post.... shall we call them vocal minority?

And if percentage is really that low, do threads like "Why everyone hate LFR" have any meaning?
    the majority of the wow population doesnt read any external sites most of the time. theres plenty who dont even know about the official forums.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    at least 75%, maybe more
    Even those from China, Korea, etc.? The Russians? Germans, Italians, French? I doubt even 75% of the WoW playerbase can read English.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Yes, seems like we can talk about things, but just cant make any conclusions about the game as a whole
    Exactly. Still, the only opinion one should care about is his own. Even if every single player disliked something I liked, I wouldn't stop liking it.

But, I find these forums useful to make up my mind when something new comes. I look for good points and reasonable complaints that I can agree (or disagree!) with. It's not a matter of jumping on bandwagons (CHILDISH PANDAS!), it's about finding out other opinions to contrast your own with.

Keep in mind that there is no absolute truth when it comes to tastes, and most topics here are all about personal preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    at least 75%, maybe more
    i was thinkin it was easily like 98%....everything said on these forums is pretty factual

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    i was thinkin it was easily like 98%....everything said on these forums is pretty factual
    in reality its probably like 30% who read and look at fansites
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    I come on here a good bit, but I avoid the main forums as the trolling and hate is just boiling over. How blizz dont ban the effing lot of em off the forum I dont know.

I expect it to be a very small number.

I often relay a lot of information into my guild that most of them didn't know, and come Patch Day, Trade Chat is just filled with confused people.

10+ Year Old Account
    less than 10%

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I expect it to be a very small number.

I often relay a lot of information into my guild that most of them didn't know, and come Patch Day, Trade Chat is just filled with confused people.
    i remember my head hurting the day mists came out because despite being posted on every fan site, and the main wow site i constantly saw people in trade asking "when do we get to go to pandaria? when doees mists come out? when do i get to roll a pandaren?" ect ect literally until the continent opened up

Deleted
    a very small ammount use the forums, i suppose quite a lot probably read, but most use official forums.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    less than 10%
    I'd be surprised if it was much higher than 1 or 2 % to be honest.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bear in mind that we're talking about a percentage of 10 million people. Even one percent of that is still 100,000 people.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

10+ Year Old Account
    Several years ago Blizz said that less than 1% of WoW players used the official forums. I doubt it would be much higher than that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    yea id say 1% at MOST but probably less then a whole %

Deleted
    I doubt it's even 0.5% of the wow playerbase who actively use MMO-Champion.. with maybe 1-2% being registered? Just my opinion. I don't know any figures... but considering 10+ million people play wow, I doubt it's above a few percent at the very most.

Polls and threads still have some relevance, but it would certainly be a mistake to make massive generalisations like "everyone hates xxx because I read a negative thread on a forum." Forums also attract the two extremes (I'm not saying everyone is one of these, but that the two extremes are often more vocal in the community), of people who really love a product, or really hate a product, which is probably one of the reasons that some issues on forums tend to get blown out of proportion. Some of the biggest arguments on gaming forums probably aren't considered that important by the average gamer who's playing the game instead of discussing things.