Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is Vol'Jin demon possessed?

Long before the happy clappy or not so it seems world of pandaria, massive evil dragons and dead humans. The Nathrezim were corrupting leaders of Azeroth. Have they finally succeeded with our Trollish rebel to corrupt the masses into total war on Azeroth?

I'll quote WoWwiki (Not a great source)

"Dreadlords prefer to turn their talents to psychic assault and manipulation, seeking to dissolve the bonds that unify individuals, groups, and nations and leave their mortal victims floundering amidst chaos and decay. A nathrezim-occupied world eventually abandons higher morality as irrelevant to the context in which its inhabitants find themselves, joining the dreadlords in their callous worship of the maligned. Although fierce warriors, nathrezim prefer a leadership role, standing behind a wall of ghouls or other allies and retreating when their enemies press too close"

With the latest Spoilers (see http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-5-3-Spoilers)

Vol'Jin seems to abandon "higher morality" by saying he would let Sylvanna raise dead alliance to fight Garrosh...

Thoughts?

Deleted
    Maybe he thinks Garrosh is corrupted and will stop at nothing to remove him from the Horde. One of the oldest of the new Horde, I doubt he wants to see it crash and burn under Garrosh's leadership.

Edit; Upon reading that post you linked, Vol'Jin doesn't say the dead will be raised to fight Garrosh, he just states that he'll give the dead to Sylvanas. As Sylvanas is always trying to reinforce the numbers of the Forsaken as they can't reproduce, so they're a slowly dying race. It's more of an insult to the Alliance saying we're going to let you be ressurected in to undeath, more than it's an "Oh we're gonna let you just die to bolster our own forces" kinda thing.
    Last edited by mmocfe9659f7a8; 2013-04-19 at 03:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It would take quite sado-masochistic and perverted demon to enter this filthy sack of meat vol'jin calls his body. So i really doubt thats the case.

it was a joke.... he was being sarcastic.... trolls have black humour....
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to go out on a limb and say no.

Deleted
    That's a big stretch. Vol'jin's patience is just wearing thin, and he wants to get rid of Hellscream as soon and as efficiently as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It would take quite sado-masochistic and perverted demon to enter this filthy sack of meat vol'jin calls his body. So i really doubt thats the case.
    HAHAHAHA

True, VERY true. Maybe this is why it succeeded though?

Unfortunately I'm not a lore nerd enough to know where Vol'Jin picked up his Demon the seeds of rebellion seemed already going during his death in the Scenario. So I kinda count that out. I guess he could have been tricked whilst Thrall the super shaman held his golden pill at a dragon.

---------- Post added 2013-04-19 at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Nope, demons don't beg for help.
    They would if bringing total chaos to Azeroth was part of the big mans plan

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Nope, demons don't beg for help.
    but will work for magic!!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

This seems exceedingly unlikely

He was making a point (and bluffing) to the Alliance about if they don't accept his help. It was the troll way of saying "You can do it without me and die, or we do it together and win.:
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Deleted
    If a Dredlord is posessing anybody at the moment it'll be Garrosh, by all appearances he's trying to recreate the old horde and shows equal contempt for all 'lesser' races even those of the Horde.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the guy wasn't altogether himself when we met him in Outland all those years ago.

I don't think you know much about the Darkspear.

Before Thrall came along and their island got sunk, the Darkspear trolls were some downright evil motherfuckers, little different form the Gurubashi (just smaller in number and therefore weaker, hence why they were driven out). They kept to themselves mostly, but they were sadistic and cruel. Also, cannibals. They still joke about that one.

It's because of Thrall saving them that they are now "good". They are deliberately putting in the effort to better themselves out of respect for Thrall.

But if you piss them off...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems really silly that the demons would use Vol'jin to bring all the Horde together (and ally them with the Alliance) to remove the warmonger Garrosh if their ultimate goal was to cause as much conflict as possible.

They could just leave Garrosh go and the Horde would fall apart as he kept redefining what makes a race "legitimate" Horde, and the whole time he'd be fighting the Alliance "just cuz".

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Defuq is wrong with you? I mean seriously- I know that there is not such a leader who everyone loves, becuase all of them are flawed. I don't like this character either, but seriously your posts had shown you have some serious issues over this fictional character. Get real.

On topic now:

Really people? You still go on over this optional dialogue? Don't you feel how ridiculous it sounds? He was being sarcastic, and black humour is part of the troll traits along with cruel nature, so get over it. Don't measure other than human races with human lances.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Agreeing with others, it was a "Joke" listed if you CHOSE "I will not help the Horde" - Vol'Jin's reply is harsh I agree.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Demon Vol'Jin - would be a cool fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    If a Dredlord is posessing anybody at the moment it'll be Garrosh, by all appearances he's trying to recreate the old horde and shows equal contempt for all 'lesser' races even those of the Horde.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the guy wasn't altogether himself when we met him in Outland all those years ago.
    I actually Malokork (sp, lols) is more likely to be demon possessed.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Defuq is wrong with you? I mean seriously- I know that there is not such a leader who everyone loves, becuase all of them are flawed. I don't like this character either, but seriously your posts had shown you have some serious issues over this fictional character. Get real.

On topic now:

Really people? You still go on over this optional dialogue? Don't you feel how ridiculous it sounds? He was being sarcastic, and black humour is part of the troll traits along with cruel nature, so get over it. Don't measure other than human races with human lances.
    Hey its just fully canon alliance lore that describes him as unbearable. I just believe that even demons have some standards. And i doubt they have other showers than lawa ones so it would be hard for them to wash up.

Deleted
    The point of the post is more "who is winning most from such chaos errupting on Azeroth" and how would it tie into expansion.

The likelyhood of a Legion themed xpac next, means there must be Dreadlord control from somewhere for this to happen.

The blood-elf seems to have his head screwed on, he stands down to fight a bigger battle he almost seems reasonable although. Just pissed off by Jaina making her understandable hatred personal, Garrosh is a dictator, but I dislike the idea of him being anything more than a warmongering (Sha of pride or whatever) controlled douchebag, Sylvannas doesn't really care, she is building a undead empire regardless of Garrosh. Thrall is greenjesus who thinks "his" horde still exists. The Trolls are so disjointed they would be an easy target for Demons. The whole "rebellion" could be nothing more than a massive ruse to allow massive war (a war that will inevitably end up in massive arcane/fel magic use and give the Demons exactly what they need.

This is just Alliance members blowing things out of proportion...AGAIN. What just because Vol'jin talks down to an ALLY and puts him in his place hes evil? Horde and Alliance are not best of friends, hes not going to treat you nice. Get over it and move on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    This is just Alliance members blowing things out of proportion...AGAIN. What just because Vol'jin talks down to an ALLY and puts him in his place hes evil? Horde and Alliance are not best of friends, hes not going to treat you nice. Get over it and move on
    Um, I'm Horde. I just don't like the idea of a future Horde leader condoning the use of raising undead enemies to wage war. Plus the the Dreadlords are known to try and destabilize a planet before the BL moves in. I'm not saying I care either way, just looking at the way the story could unfold.