Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by solid77 View Post
    how much dps increase does the minion do? 4pc tank bonus sux
    The only perspective I can put the minion is with my Heroic 25 LK kill. Of the 100 million damage I did to LK, 6.5 million was because of the Zandalari minion from my LFR DPS 2-piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    The only perspective I can put the minion is with my Heroic 25 LK kill. Of the 100 million damage I did to LK, 6.5 million was because of the Zandalari minion from my LFR DPS 2-piece.
    O.O that's 6.5% of your overall damage! Ridiculous! I was already planning on using any tier tokens I get for DPS (seeing as how the tank bonuses, to me, seem very underwhelming), but daaaaaamn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    O.O that's 6.5% of your overall damage! Ridiculous! I was already planning on using any tier tokens I get for DPS (seeing as how the tank bonuses, to me, seem very underwhelming), but daaaaaamn
    I'm quite enjoying having the free 20s rune tap (or should I just call it tap now?). It's not game breaking but it's a decent heal considering I can manage to slam it pretty much every 20-25 seconds without it being overheal. Once I get the helm/shoulders for tank i'll be picking up the dps 2pc too.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    For 2H frost it's about a 6% DPS increase, which is quite nice.

You lose 2% armor and some stamina, but you gain anywhere from 10-12% damage putting the DPS meta in while being blood. The DPS meta is INCREDIBLY powerful for tanks if you can get away with using it.

On the flip side the tanking meta gem has a high up-time and should be considered on a couple encounters with a lot of physical damage. I could tell that I had it on when I was tanking Heroic Horridon after Jalak died.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Overall damage on the fight it'd be a much lower percentage since they rarely targeted the adds that spawned during the fight which were pretty muc killed from diseases and blood boil. That being said I wouldn't hate on the Tank 2 Set. A free Rune Tap with a 20 second cooldown is nice to have, especially since (correct me if I'm wrong) Rune Tap doesn't generate Runic Power. The 4 set though seems a bit weak considering that 3 of the tank tier pieces lack mastery, two of those pieces containing Dodge (the weakest tanking stat).

As for which meta to use it really depends on whether or not your raid needs your tank's DPS or just needs the tank to live.

Deleted
    Anyone who has some logs for the dps 2 piece as blood for the current content (for several reasons, e.g. vengence+adds, it feels kinda unlikely that the lk encounter gives a fair estimate)?

Regarding the meta gem I'm trying really hard to justify me using the dps meta, but for most fights I think it's hard to make the case that ~10% more tank dps beats out ~10% less physical damage. I just wish the meta was cheaper so I could swap it in and out for each fight:/.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Regarding the meta gem I'm trying really hard to justify me using the dps meta, but for most fights I think it's hard to make the case that ~10% more tank dps beats out ~10% less physical damage. I just wish the meta was cheaper so I could swap it in and out for each fight:/.
    I'm waiting for an off-set helm so I can make a 'DPS' set. Once I can actually get the damn meta that is. *shakes fist at stupid secrets drops*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damyou View Post
    I'm waiting for an off-set helm so I can make a 'DPS' set. Once I can actually get the damn meta that is. *shakes fist at stupid secrets drops*
    Yeah that'd definitely be ideal, and I'm in the same boat (2 from this weeks reset, woopido...):P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Because they are fairly well itemized and I prefer the dps set bonus over the tank set bonus.
    OK fair enough

What a shitty design flaw by Blizzard though, tanks having to worry about dps output really isn't a good way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    OK fair enough

What a shitty design flaw by Blizzard though, tanks having to worry about dps output really isn't a good way to go.
    It's even my main concern as a 10 HM player. I'm topping damage on 80% of the fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    OK fair enough

Way more interesting to balance damage output and survivability while playing than to a.) aim to get enough threat, b.) just survive and then you are done. I really like the way tanks are designed now compared to tbc/wotlk.

Deleted
    Good points, if that's what you prefer then fair enough but it's not for me.

Being a tank and picking up dps gear over tank items while aiming on pushing out dps is basically a glorified dps spec, they may as well make every class viable for tanking if that's the attitude being taken. I mean if tanks are worrying about dps and using mainly dps items why not make the likes of enhan shamans tank? just give them a new shield (stone shield!) that reduces damage by x amount and dodge/parry by y amount and you've basically got a 'tank' by todays standards.

Deleted
    No it's not, before you had to worry about threat+damage taken, now you worry about dps+damage taken. The difference is that the later trade-off doesn't have a "right or wrong" (you either had enough threat, and went all out on damage taken, or didn't and went all out on threat), making it a lot more complex and interesting to minimax.

Deleted
    I, myself, have had the legendary meta crit up to a million in LFR, on my warrior. In a fight without damage modifiers (I think it was Megaera?)

This was with all CDs and shit, of course.

Anyone who has some logs for the dps 2 piece as blood for the current content (for several reasons, e.g. vengence+adds, it feels kinda unlikely that the lk encounter gives a fair estimate)?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=3195&e=3525

Our main tank couldn't make raid this week so, I tanked 10 man Jin'Rokh heroic in full dps gear. The 2p did 6.3% of my damage. That includes me dpsing in the pools for as much of the fight as I could, so I can only imagine that it would be a higher % on a fight that didn't include a buff the little guys can't get.
    Last edited by dkdk; 2013-04-20 at 09:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=3195&e=3525

Our main tank couldn't make raid this week so, I tanked 10 man Jin'Rokh heroic in full dps gear. The 2p did 6.3% of my damage. That includes me dpsing in the pools for as much of the fight as I could, so I can only imagine that it would be a higher % on a fight that didn't include a buff the little guys can't get.
    Not bad at all, especially considering that you really just get one "bad stat" from using them (crit on legs). I wonder if/how they scale though, they seem to deal similar dps for all specs which seems a bit strange if they'd scale from ap.

I'm surprised a lot of tanks here are advocating using the DPS meta instead of the tanking one. The tank one seems pretty amazing from what I can tell so far. To those of you [blood DKs] using the DPS meta, are you raiding in 10 or 25 man? I'm trying to decide which way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by KillstrikeEL View Post
    I'm surprised a lot of tanks here are advocating using the DPS meta instead of the tanking one. The tank one seems pretty amazing from what I can tell so far. To those of you [blood DKs] using the DPS meta, are you raiding in 10 or 25 man? I'm trying to decide which way to go.
    as far as I have seen so far (6/13 10man) it is rarely tank deaths that is the problem. just poor execution. So higher tank dps can help with poor execution (well less damage taken too but it's rarely tanks take too much damage anymore)

Not bad at all, especially considering that you really just get one "bad stat" from using them (crit on legs). I wonder if/how they scale though, they seem to deal similar dps for all specs which seems a bit strange if they'd scale from ap.
    Wouldn't surprise me if they do. Because when I am just doing solo content (warbringer farming etc.) my 2p adds only do around 15k-20k with their special attack. But when I have a hefty amount of vengeance (100k+) they start critting for over 90k.

We are currently 1/12 HM and other than a few tank deaths because they weren't paying attention in farm content, tank mitigation is not much of an issue. Our pally tank doesn't pay attention about half the time and we can 'almost' always keep him up.

Tank DPS can make for a much shorter fight, which if you don't' need to worry about dying, why not do more damage. Maybe for progression on some HM bosses it might be more useful to go full tank, but otherwise why not make the fight easier by doing more damage.
    Last edited by dkdk; 2013-04-21 at 05:17 PM. Reason: fixing wording (damage/dps)