Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Why do people think this is fake? Every single link points to the real battle.net/support/ site. They're not asking for information, just telling you "hey, this is happening and you might want to do X instead." They also dropped Dial-in Authenticator support right around the time they launched SMS Protect.
    Those are likely the links that are copied from the email (and MMO champs forums are turning them into a URL)

Anchor tags have say one thing and point to another ala <a href="test">not test</a>

EDIT: Beaten to the punch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i have a 6 dollar authenticator from the wow store they told me there shutting it off because they want us to use the iPhone and Android app

That email's legit. Blizz dropped support for the Dial-in Auth a while ago. Just get a mobile authenticator and set up SMS protect and you'll be 100 times more protected than the Dial In Auth ever could provice.

General rule of thumb is -- if the email is threatening ("We think you're trying to sell your account" or "If you don't click this link, we'll ban you forever!") then it's likely not Blizz contacting you. If it's informative, and not *asking* you to click anything, which this one is not, then it's likely real. You can always check the header in the emaill, as well, to see if it's coming from Blizz, too.

TL;DR -- It's real, calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Most modern browsers preserve the links when pasting between windows so I no reason to believe this was fake. Yours preserved just fine btw.

Bottom line though, the OP wasn't protected by a dial-in authenticator when playing D3 so no action is necessary on his part.
    Not everybody opens his mails in his browser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Yeah i have a 6 dollar authenticator from the wow store they told me there shutting it off because they want us to use the iPhone and Android app
    Keyfob authenticators are not getting "shut off." They will work and will work, and are still available for purchase on the Blizzard store.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |