Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I always cared about World PvP
    Followed by

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth
    The rest is your personal opinion on this and doesn't really matter.
    In the same paragraph is priceless.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    If I give you a pay raise of 50% on your 5 dollar wage, you're still going to earn less than the guy who earned 10 dollars all along and didn't get a raise.
    You're mistake is in arbitrarily assigning $5 and $10 to gear levels based purely on something you are making up in your head. This way it's easy for you to come up with a scenario which backs up your pre-conceived notion without needing to actually prove it.

One thing that makes no sense to me is that they are implementing a ceiling AND lowering the item levels of pvp gear. Doesn't implementing a ceiling accomplish that very thing? Your item level is going to be scaled down to 496 anyway, so what difference does it make if you get to run around the world in 512 gear? The pvers will get to run around in gear higher than that anyway. They can even upgrade their gear overtime, while you can't. So why should you even pvp anymore after you finish your set as a casual player? The whole idea of thunderforged gear was made so that the first bosses of an instance were still "exciting" well what about players that hit the gear ceiling in pvp? What keeps the game exciting for them? Upgrading gear is exciting. Stagnating for an entire season is not. So does this change even accomplish anything? You still have to grind out a set, and you still need that set for pvp. Sure it might get more people to "try" pvp for a while but whats going to keep them interested once they figure out there's virtually no progression?

And before people go "You could just go do PVE instead." Not everyone likes pve, and doing something you don't like is not fun.
    Last edited by Ragashii; 2013-04-22 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    A more interesting question is, should PvP actually be about the gear, or perhaps an even more interesting question, why do people suddenly care so much about world PvP? It's already broken to a point where it is not even worth trying to fix it.
    Because it's currently a good thing for people to point at who want to just bash Blizzard.

And before people go "You could just go do PVE instead." Not everyone likes pve, and doing something you don't like is not fun.
    *Coughs* PvE nerfs to balance PvP *coughs*
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-04-22 at 01:39 AM.

Deleted
    Really do you guys play on Method/Paragon/Blood Legion server or what? I doubt you be seeing alot of people in full thunderforged heroic gear...That beeing said if you are "skilled" why do you need gear to help your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    One thing that makes no sense to me is that they are implementing a ceiling AND lowering the item levels of pvp gear. Doesn't implementing a ceiling accomplish that very thing? Your item level is going to be scaled down to 496 anyway, so what difference does it make if you get to run around the world in 512 gear? The pvers will get to run around in gear higher than that anyway. They can even upgrade their gear overtime, while you can't. So why should you even pvp anymore after you finish your set as a casual player? The whole idea of thunderforged gear was made so that the first bosses of an instance were still "exciting" well what about players that hit the gear ceiling in pvp? What keeps the game exciting for them? Upgrading gear is exciting. Stagnating for an entire season is not. So does this change even accomplish anything? You still have to grind out a set, and you still need that set for pvp. Sure it might get more people to "try" pvp for a while but whats going to keep them interested once they figure out there's virtually no progression?

What you seem to be proposing is to keep the system exactly the same. Sure, you are conceding a ceiling, but you still want gear progression within PvP which they are specifically removing in 5.3 which at it's heart means you want to keep the status quo.

Not only do you think that many people only PvP for gear progression, but you are also missing that plenty of people don't PvP for that very reason because they already start out so far behind.

Who knows, maybe 5.3 will be a failure and it turns out the majority actually wants gear progress, but I doubt it. The amount of time it will take a casual player to max out Conquest gear will still be quite a while.

What gets me about the whole PVE/PVP thing is, PVE players get Heroic Thunderforged gear with awesome stats etc.....Top tier PVP gear is...cosmetic...What's the purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by Angryst View Post
    What gets me about the whole PVE/PVP thing is, PVE players get Heroic Thunderforged gear with awesome stats etc.....Top tier PVP gear is...cosmetic...What's the purpose?
    what exactly are you asking?

pvp power will better for pvp then most pve gear including heroic gear depending on spec, and thunderforged heroic gear doesn't exactly drop like candy .

Quote Originally Posted by Angryst View Post
    They've obviously decided that a large gear spread in instanced PvP is damaging the game. Participation in PvP on the low end must have really collapsed for them to be taking these steps.

I don't think those griping about PvE gear in world PvP appreciate the gravity of the situation.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Dumb argument. Amazing how many people complain simply for the sake of complaining.

World PVP does not need to be balanced. A 5-10% stats advantage doesnt matter when its usually 5v1, 10v20, or there are mobs involved.