Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I think wow's dieing

Well we were running some guild raids me being the guild leader. And i checked the logs on who was on. so i go and i see that there are only about 400 and last when i checked there were 550 in 2012. And we like to ask why most people are leaving guild. And they usually say " Well I am leaving the guild because no one plays anymore. Also because they don't do as many patch's." so i looked up on line how many people currently are subscribed they said its 7 million don't get me wrong that's allot of people but they also said in 2012 the peak was 11 million. I also think people are leaving due to the poor decisions wow is making. Like the cross servers and tanking away useful loot.

Something I think they should do is make the auction houses international. And put things in SW and ORG that no other major city's will have just they can get attraction again. cause everyone is at the MOP city.

Just a suggestion.

server - Staghelm
    Druid- Abrahlem

Deleted
    Just because your guild is being inactive doesn't mean that WoW is :P I think the community is still strong, personally.

You lost less than 1/4 of your people? I think you need some perspective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
    Just because your guild is being inactive doesn't mean that WoW is :P I think the community is still strong, personally.
    Pretty much this... WoW isn't dying just because one guild is showing a decline in numbers. My guild has actually
    grown quite a bit in the last 6ish months and my server has quite a few new raiding guilds, both transfers and homemade.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

10+ Year Old Account
    He's not saying wow is dying because his guild is far less active, he's saying people told him they are quitting because there are less people. This is a knock on effect, and yes, it will happen one day that hardly anyone wants to play wow anymore.
    #boycottchina

You are mistaken. When WoW is truly dying, it will be evident enough that you won't need multiple paragraphs justifying your opinion that it is dying which you presumably will for some reason feel the need to share.

Man, these threads are annoying.

WoW isn't dying. Its evolving. Most people want to play on a server that has life, and alot of people on them. I know for a fact, because I only play on high pop servers. Maybe your people are moving to these high pop servers so they can pug ToT? That would be my guess. Your server isn't the only one in existence.

The Auction international idea would be extremely bad. A shared Auction house would lower the cost on everything, and people wouldn't be able to make gold so easily. Plus that would be fantastic for Gold Farmers.. Bad idea.

I do agree on the point of the AH needs to be cross server like merge 10 servers AH.... on low pop servers the AH is pretty much useless ...

The rest ... well dont agree so much .... yes less ppl plays WoW also in my guild but thats for many reasons ... no WoW is not dying... not anymore then it did the last 5 years.

still lots of fun to be had and still plenty of players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Well we were running some guild raids me being the guild leader. And i checked the logs on who was on. so i go and i see that there are only about 400 and last when i checked there were 550 in 2012. And we like to ask why most people are leaving guild. And they usually say " Well I am leaving the guild because no one plays anymore. Also because they don't do as many patch's." so i looked up on line how many people currently are subscribed they said its 7 million don't get me wrong that's allot of people but they also said in 2012 the peak was 11 million. I also think people are leaving due to the poor decisions wow is making. Like the cross servers and tanking away useful loot.

Something I think they should do is make the auction houses international. And put things in SW and ORG that no other major city's will have just they can get attraction again. cause everyone is at the MOP city.

Just a suggestion.

server - Staghelm
    Druid- Abrahlem
    With your title I don't know if this thread will go anywhere, I feel like you rolled out the welcome mats for trolls and flamers.

But hope things go well for ya.
    Call me House.

You too, my dear Watson?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I would say its a very misleading title, but I understand what he means, his server is dieing & honestly alot are, its not hard to see that.

There are 244 servers on US & 246 on EU, Prbly 150 are the only one really active, while the remaining slow fall apart and get picked apart by the bigger servers.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-04-19 at 08:32 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tich has queues every night starting around 7pm PST. Org and the MoP city are full of players. You should probably look into a different server, your server may be dying but I dont think WoW is dying as a whole. I hear more positive opinions about WoW in MoP than I did in Cata.

Deleted
    Unfortunately this topic has been done to death :-(

WoW IS Dying.... SHOCK HORROR, MIND BLOWN. Unfortunately that's not news, you're dying, I'm dying, we're all dying a slow death - sorry to break this to you.

Eventually WoW will die. It won't be this year, or the next. It'll likely still be going (in some form) in 10 years time with a vastly reduced playerbase but it won't be dead by any means.

As for your suggestion, unless you have engineering then there's no AH in the new city - Blizzard have done this for most of the expansions to keep people going back to the major capital cities in the old world (adding AH's later on).

Chin up. WoW isn't dead yet! IMO it won't be long until server merges do occur in some form. There's only so many people that will pay for server transfers from a dying realm before others stop playing completely.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    I do agree on the point of the AH needs to be cross server like merge 10 servers
    No.... there are way too many r****** undercutting gems/flasks/etc by 50%... we don't need more

I think this thread is dieing.

Deleted
    Wow, long time since I've seen one of these threads.

I think wow's dieing

This has been said for how long now? And look, its still here and going! Granted not as strong as it once were, but it happens with most things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys did you know that from the moment you're born, you're also slowly dying?

Every mmo is "dying." They'll die out eventually.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Maybe the proper phrase is standard raiding is dying. It's simply way too much of a commitment to do it regulary. Don't think it's something to be missed either. On the other hand I am looking forward to see LFR evolved further.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP brought up a good point, i don't think there are reasons to call him a troll. He simply states he knows people that don't play WoW because of how it's going.
    True, he also says there are things he doesn't like in WoW, but if it was the perfect game, everyone would play it.
    A lot of servers are dying. And i don't like the fact CRZ is the only "solution" Blizzard has come up with for that.