Witch Doctor builds change any?

Basically just wondering if there are any other viable/good WD builds for general farming. The old bears/gargantuan build works decently, but I'm wondering if there's something that doesn't require you to be in melee range?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/J.../hero/29250763
    Last edited by Vook; 2013-04-20 at 07:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Once I get the funds, I plan to work on a Zero Dog build. It not the most efficient one to farm, but it looks rather fun (and expensive)

Acid Rain works as well, you just have to find the right MP, enough to oneshot the average mob. Not as much dmg as Bears but I tend to complete the runs far quicker as my main spell isn't channeled (which I despise).

Zero dog builds cost upwards of 350m right now. Really dumb if you ask me, when a bear build will work just as well with only ~20m of gear. However, Blizzard openly said that they love the idea of builds like that, so they might introduce new items or abilities to make zero dog builds easier. (cue whining from people who can no longer sell their 17-sec Homunculus for 150 mil )

I did play around with Acid Rain a bit, but I'm only at ~115k DPS with Soul Harvest, so I had to go down to MP1 to make Acid Rain consistently 1shot white mobs.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Switch to a skorn and you can one shot stuff up to mp4 with acid rain.

Vengeful spirit on soul harvest is also very strong, ive seen 650k crits. With grave injustice you can spam it since your close to the mobs on lower mp levels.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Switch to a skorn and you can one shot stuff up to mp4 with acid rain.

Vengeful spirit on soul harvest is also very strong, ive seen 650k crits. With grave injustice you can spam it since your close to the mobs on lower mp levels.
    Pretty much this. Try a higher mp and w.e lives your harvest should be low enough to clean with acid rain. Essentially you want to be constantly running across the white mobs. In my experience, having high pick up radius really helps proc the spam.

Yeah, I tried using a Skorn, and while I loved the high damage (600k+ bear crits ftw), the loss of 20 pickup radius from my offhand was really bad.

A good 1h is enough IMO. Be sure to get black damage considering you have the Zuni's Trail.

Your not using any skills that uses the 20 pick up radius. Gruesome feast, circle of life, etc. Since your using bears for your dps move you have to be close anyways, grave injustice shouldnt be hurt too much with the switch.

Also, if your going to stick with a fast weapon (wd's like slow since you run out of mana, bad design, no apoc) you may wanna look at the Well of souls + Rush of essence combo. Rush stacks so you end up with like 190 mana regen per sec for holding down the WOS button. You never run out of mana and you can hold down the button forever.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-04-22 at 04:55 PM.

I mentioned 20 pick up radius because he seemed tired of Zombie Bears (as I am). Acid Rain is probably the next best thing to build into for fast runs.

WoS is ok against elites, terrible to farm mass mobs though.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I mentioned 20 pick up radius because he seemed tired of Zombie Bears (as I am). Acid Rain is probably the next best thing to build into for fast runs.

WoS is ok against elites, terrible to farm mass mobs though.
    Im using this spec when i get bored and using a fast 1h wep. Its fun to mix it up with a different spell and wos is amazing if using a 1h for regen and damage (with passive). You can spam the wos to get your rush stacks up, move in and nuke with bears, move out and repeat if they arent dead. Rush of essence stacks are amazing but suck without atk speed while using a 2h.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...YdR!cbf!Zcccca

This is my build otherwise, dps minions since their based on wep damage

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C...8/hero/2509467

Pyrogeist + vision quest = 12 sec, 30% mana regen, with a skorns slow cast and big damage, your good to go. Crits for around 90k and auto casts while you bear or cloud monsters.

1k loh and acid rain should be enough leech if leech skorns with damage are expensive.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-04-24 at 03:55 AM.

Fire bats for WD got buffed! good build potential!

If your going to stand that close just use bears.

Ahhh, yeah...plunked $10 into my Battle.Net balance and bought myself a 1280 dps Skorn with 5.5% LS and 180% CD, high int; a nice Tals neck, a Zuni helm with crit and a Zuni chest with pickup range(with 20mil to spare!)...completely demolishing MP3 Inferno. :P Now that I've got a 2-hander, I'm not running out of mana, either.

Using Chadwix's "otherwise" build too. I don't feel I need Vision Quest though, because of the slow casting. I barely ever run low on mana. It's useful for elites though, because it lets me spam bears for a good deal longer.
    Last edited by Vook; 2013-04-25 at 12:23 AM.

Get a witching hour and some lacuni's with crit. You lose stat but will kill much faster. As you increase your attk speed with these items you will burn mana faster, vision quest comes in handy for that.

Remember to use acid rain for wallers. It has big splash damage and goes through, makes them less annoying.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2013-04-25 at 03:06 AM.

Ehh...equipping a Witching Hour, I'd lose a good deal of vit and AR, but is that ok? I'm sitting at like 42k HP and ~550 all resist. Same with Bracer, I've currently got a pair of Strongarms, so a Lacuni's would be a giant loss of int and health.

I'm also using Spirit Walk instead of Acid Rain, because I just find a "Get out of anything"/"Attack enemies from a pseudo-stealth"/"Absorb tons of incoming damage for a couple seconds" button to be very useful.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/J.../hero/29250763

How are the new items? Looking at your profile makes me wanna play mine.

Imo, you should always have spirit walk in your build. You could switch out your acid cloud and garg skills for BBV with slam dance and Mass Confusion with Paranoia for good damage boosts. In that case though you'd really want Grave Injustice for the cooldown reductions from every kill.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

How are the new items? Looking at your profile makes me wanna play mine.
    Pretty nice. I can steamroll MP5 with relative ease; tried MP7 and it's doable, but elites take a lot longer to kill and I can't facetank them with bearspam like I can in MP5.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Imo, you should always have spirit walk in your build. You could switch out your acid cloud and garg skills for BBV with slam dance and Mass Confusion with Paranoia for good damage boosts. In that case though you'd really want Grave Injustice for the cooldown reductions from every kill.
    Ehhh, I'm finding Acid Cloud to be really useful. Though my Gargantuan keeps dying on elite packs...

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Imo, you should always have spirit walk in your build.
    Its not really needed unless your pvp'ing or getting a ton of vortexs. There is no reason aside from sloppy positioning to use spirit walk. Its also helpful if your doing low lvl mp levels and want the movement boost.

Sounds like your doing it right vook. Thats the problem with wd's, pets die way too fast when you go above mp5.

Its not really needed unless your pvp'ing or getting a ton of vortexs. There is no reason aside from sloppy positioning to use spirit walk. Its also helpful if your doing low lvl mp levels and want the movement boost.
    Uh...no, I'm finding Spirit Walk to be useful over and over again, not just because of "sloppy positioning". It's just too useful NOT to use it. Immunity to CC, damage, visibility, while still being able to use spells, for 3 seconds? AND being able to walk through enemies and some objects? AND getting a big move speed boost?

It's pretty much the best "get out of jail free" card in the entire game. I can't count how many times it has saved my ass.
    Last edited by Vook; 2013-04-26 at 09:35 PM.