Dailies question for a new player

So I am just now returning to WoW and would like to know which dailies I should try to get done every day now for the Elder Charms? I also hear people saying Mogu Runes of Fate? What are those? I currently have Cloud Serpent at Exalted, Pearlfin Junyu at exalted, The Tillers is revered, and that is all. So where should I start? Also how can I unlock the Isle of Thunder dailies? I played when MoP launched so not sure on any of the new stuff. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mogu Runes of Fate are the new item used for bonus rolls in Throne of Thunder and for Oondasta and Nalak. They took the place of Elder Charms in the quest that you turn in Lesser Charms for. In order to get Elder Charms now, you need to either do Isle of Thunder dailies (the chest from certain dailies each day has a chance to contain Elder Charms), kill certain enemies on the Isle of Thunder, find a Cache of the Thunder King on the Isle of Thunder, or gain a Key to the Palace of Lei Shen from enemies on the Isle of Thunder that lets you into the treasure run scenario (which can have a lot of Elder Charms--I've gotten 18 Elder Charms from one).

With all that said, there's no specific set of dailies you need to do. They all award Lesser Charms that you can turn in for Mogu Runes of Fate, and none of them are tied to the current highest-level Valor gear (that's tied to Shado-Pan Assault rep, which comes almost exclusively from the Throne of Thunder raid). Isle of Thunder dailies would be good to do if you're still doing 5.0 raids, since you get Elder Charms there, or if you can use the 476 gear you can buy from the Isle factions with gold. Otherwise you can just do whichever you prefer.

To start the Isle of Thunder dailies, you will get a quest automatically when you enter your faction's Shrine in Pandaria (or maybe when you log in anywhere, not sure). Follow that quest to the Shado-Pan Garrison in Townlong Steppes to begin the chain.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    So many questions are asked in this post so Im going to break it down in spaces etc.
    There are 3 different kind of coins that you use: Mogu Runes of Fate, Lesser Charm of Good Fortune and Elder Charm of Good Fortune.
    90 x Lesser Charm of Good Fortune is used to buy 3 x Mogu Runes of Fate one time/week.
    Mogu Runes of Fate is to use on bosses in:
    LFR/Normal/HC Throne of Thunder instance
    World bosses named: Nalak, The Storm Lord and Oondasta to get an extra chance on getting loot.
    Elder Charm of Good Fortune is to use on bosses in:
    LFR/Normal/Hc Mogushan Vaults/Heart of Fear/Terrace of the Endless Spring
    World bosses: Sha of Anger and Galleon

How to acquire the coins?
    Lesser Charm of Good Fortune when you do dailies and a chance on doing pet battles(avg. 1coin per victory). The fastest and best way imo to get the coins is to get to the island "Isle of Thunder" and choose PvE since you get 30 coins when you are done.
    Elder Charm of Good Fortune chance when you complete your last daily on "Isle of Thunder", looting a golden chest on the island, killing a rare mob on the island and looting chests in the Solo scenario. Doing the solo scenario is beast when getting coins. You get the key for the scenario by either the rare mob or the golden chest depending what you do first.

Unlock the Isle of Thunder dailies?
    When you are in your factions pandarian main city ( Shrine of the Two moons/Shrine of the Seven stars you should get a quest that takes you to Townlong Steppes and once you get on the island, you need to do some solo scenarios. How many is depending on how far your server has unlocked the Isle ( As for today, every server should have everything unlocked)

Sorry for the bad grammar and english, not my native language =)

I would recommend doing the Isle of Thunder dailies first since they will give you 30 lesser coins per day. Then after that, either do Golden Lotus, Klaxxi or the alliance ones in Krasarang Wilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlarkin View Post
    So I am just now returning to WoW and would like to know which dailies I should try to get done every day now for the Elder Charms? I also hear people saying Mogu Runes of Fate? What are those? I currently have Cloud Serpent at Exalted, Pearlfin Junyu at exalted, The Tillers is revered, and that is all. So where should I start? Also how can I unlock the Isle of Thunder dailies? I played when MoP launched so not sure on any of the new stuff. Thanks!
    Well like someone else said there are just too many questions. So I'll try and answer them one by them.

First thing let me say if you plan on running Throne of Thunder via the LFR or with a guild or PUG, you have to make sure you meet the minimum ilevel to queue for the LFR and people are willing to take you in their raid.

So you basically get Lesser Charms of Good Fortunes, around 1-2 from everyone daily you complete in Pandaria. You get 3 Mogu Runes of Fate for every 90 you collect. Its a weekly quest just below the Shrine where NPCs from all the factions are posted.

However, the best way to get Elder Charms which still are useful for last tier raids and last tier LFR are through the "Throve fo the Thunder Lord" scenario which is accessible once a week only after you have found a key which has a chance from dropping from Rares that spawn on the island or chests that randomly spawn on the island.

Now if you item level isn't high enough to queue for the ToT LFR, I suggest going back to last tier's LFR and do them. You now have a higher chance of loot, and if you use your Elder Charm, you often get a chance at winning something from that particular boss.

So basically Mogu Runes of Fate are the same as Elder Charms but they are the currency used for the Throne of Tide's raid while Elder Charms is for last tier.

Moving on; How do you unlock the Isle of Thunder dailies? Well you should get a quest as soon as you set foot in the Shrine. It will ask you to complete a quest. Complete the quest which is a pretty lock and interesting quest chain filled with solo scenarios. One you have completed the quest chain, a quest hub will open up on the Island giving you access to a lot more dailies. Its similar to the Fireland dailies in the sense where you had to complete a certain amount of quests before it opened up.

Well I suggest you keep levelling up your Tillers Rep since it has a lot of benefits, easy access to Spirit of Harmony and other crafting materials. But focus on the Isle of Thunder dailies.

It's worth mentioning that, while currently the Shado-Pan and and August Celestials dailies are gated behind the Golden Lotus dailies (they won't unlock until you're revered), that requirement is being removed in 5.3. If you don't think you're going to get through them in any significant way before then (i.e., you're mostly there for the mounts or what have you), you can always focus your efforts elsewhere until then.
    The Devil Wears Transmog
    World of Warcraft Fashion for the Discerning Adventurer

Thank you SOOO much all for the help! Just did tons of dailies and got 13 Elders in the solo instance. Seems ok for my 1st try lol. So glad to see MMO champ is still going strong with great people helping us noobs!! <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlarkin View Post
    Thank you SOOO much all for the help! Just did tons of dailies and got 13 Elders in the solo instance. Seems ok for my 1st try lol. So glad to see MMO champ is still going strong with great people helping us noobs!! <3
    As someone who's just gearing up you can get a hell of a lot of Elder Charms each week from that solo instance, tis awesome. IIRC you can still run LFR and roll coins on the same boss multiple times (as well as increased drop rates from the old raids) so it shouldn't take you too long to reach that magical 480ilvl and enter ToT LFR.

Yah just got to ToT lfr few days ago. And umm.. well 9/12 easy. Getting a full lfr group to kill lei shen? Ive yet to do it ROFL. people are so bad.