Level scaling in BGs

What's up with this change? Must be the most retarded stuff ever seen.. just played some BGs with my level 85 mage. Seems like everybody's level was increased to 89, but gear didn't scale at all. Your base stats increase slightly, yes, but your secondary attributes such as crit. chance, mastery and hit chance are dramatically decreased. Doesn't help much to have 30k more HP when none of your spells is able to hit the target or score a critical hit.

Why did Blizzard implement this sort of a change?

I've found it to be the opposite case, this change makes it viable to level a non-monk through pvp entirely up to mists at least, and at that point i prefer to quest in mop. This change allowed me to level my hunter completely through battlegrounds, and feel like I'm on a fair playing field with others

It's generally good, but there are a few borked brackets. 75-79 is probably the worst. Cynwise wrote some really good blogs about it.

I can attest to being a level 75 rogue with 15k hp which is decent for that level.. and hunters at level 79 have 49k hp and their auto attacks hit for 5k. Leveling through that bracket was TONS OF FUN lemme tell ya.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eponzled View Post
    I can attest to being a level 75 rogue with 15k hp which is decent for that level.. and hunters at level 79 have 49k hp and their auto attacks hit for 5k. Leveling through that bracket was TONS OF FUN lemme tell ya.
    Yea 75-79 is one of most funny bracket when you become 78

The main issue right now while leveling my Mage 85-89 in BGs has been that it's a pain in the ass to get hit cap because of the scaling.