Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Uhm I want to do PvP?

Now you might say "lol why you complain then"

Because, good sir, getting killed by a high level character that one shots you is not PvP

Now you might say "lol it's player versus player"

Good sir, people interested in PvP do not roll on a PvP server because they want to attack level 90 players when dozens of levels below. You know why? Because they don't have a chance anyway. It's like forcing players to fight level 90 raid bosses alone at level 30. What good does this bring to the game? What good does this bring to PvP? Tell me one good thing this does for PvP.
    Player(s) versus player(s), or PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants. This is in contrast to games where players compete against computer controlled opponents, which is correspondingly referred to as player versus environment (PvE). The terms are most often used in games where both activities exist, particularly MMORPGs, MUDs, and other role-playing video games..

I see nowhere that it's meant to be fair or equal. Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant. It's been like this for just about 9 years now ( in this particular game ), it's not going to change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Thats a fine opinion though. You are discounting it because its simple, short, and proves the OP dead wrong. She can have what she wants on a different server type. Why change it and take someone away from everyone else WHEN WHAT SHE WANTS LITERALLY EXISTS IN THE GAME ALREADY? If you aren't okay with possibly getting ganked by a high level, PVP isn't for you. This is the same as someone saying Legendary on Halo is too hard and should be nerfed... when you know, they already have different difficulties for different people.
    You mean like how normal and heroic get nerfed even though there is LFR? You just made an idiot out of yourself...

I've yet to see a PvP player who can give a decent argument..."go pve server you noob" is not a good argument peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Velanis View Post
    Player(s) versus player(s), or PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants. This is in contrast to games where players compete against computer controlled opponents, which is correspondingly referred to as player versus environment (PvE). The terms are most often used in games where both activities exist, particularly MMORPGs, MUDs, and other role-playing video games..

I see nowhere that it's meant to be fair or equal. Whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant. It's been like this for just about 9 years now ( in this particular game ), it's not going to change.
    Yes, but like anything in the game I wonder why it isn't up for change...even if it is just a small discussion.

Anyway, the change I'd like to see is a player can't camp low levels...camping and griefing is preventing another player of having fun.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-04-20 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You do know that bullying extend further then just getting people to kill themselves irl right? I think many people either never have been bullied or fail to grasp the concept of what bullying is. You guys make it sound like every bully on the planet is out to get you killed...most of the time a bully is just someone who likes to feel almighty over a weaker person..in fact that's all there is too it.
    I'm sorry, but comparing WoW to being bullied is a disservice to real victims. The game is based around war, based around the conflict. Do you guys also whine about getting killed in CoD? Getting shot in paintball? Part of the point and story of this game is war.

If you don't like the war aspect, they made special servers for you.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 01:40 PM ----------

You mean like how normal and heroic get nerfed even though there is LFR? You just made an idiot out of yourself...

I've yet to see a PvP player who can give a decent argument..."go pve server you noob" is not a good argument peeps.
    Yes, its a real argument. And no, I don't agree with those changes either. They have different difficulties for a reason.

What the OP wants already exists in PVE servers. Tell me why PVP servers should be changed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be nice to have a feature that if you are soloing you are immune to players 30 levels higher then you, but if you are in a group it removes that restriction for all open pvp. At least that way imo you could quest if you wanted in more open environment areas and only have a threat of characters 'sorta' close to your level ganking you.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Again with the great examples and well thought out argument!

And you have no understanding of basic English language. First definition in the dictionary:

1. a blustering, quarrelsome, overbearing person who habitually badgers and intimidates smaller or weaker people.

Seriously, give up. All the arguments here that are pro griefing are basically 'hur dur coz its fun dnt lk den pve!'

Its a pathetic excuse for a counter argument. That's why there's no debate here - because the other side of the argument is so stupid it has no argument! You can continue to grief and gank and bully all you like - just don't pretend that you're not being a bully or a griefer. Because its hilariously transparent.

But then I suppose when someone lacks skill they need to find easier challenges. Griefing is the LFR of PvP.
    Go to your local hardware store, get a hefty supply of 2x4's, 4x4's, plywood, and some of that quick-dry concrete. Go to you nearest body of water. Next, proceed to build a bridge, and get over it.

Normal and Heroic raids don't get nerfed for people running LFR. They get nerfed because people running normal and heroic have too much trouble with something.

Go to a PvE server is a good argument.

If I enjoy ganking, what makes your opinion that ganking is unejoyable more valuable than mine? Absolutely nothing.
    So then rather than taking ganking away, and making people who enjoy ganking suffer, the more reasonable choice is that people who don't want to be ganked should roll on one of the many servers where they can't be ganked, or just stay in their own territory and not enter contested. God knows it's easy enough to level through dungeons and battlegrounds these days with all the BoA and the guild bonus.

But then I suppose when someone lacks skill they need to find easier challenges. Griefing is the LFR of PvP.
    2v2 is the LFR of PvP.
    Ganking is like soloing old raids. Pretty fun.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-04-20 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    I'm sorry, but comparing WoW to being bullied is a disservice to real victims. The game is based around war, based around the conflict. Do you guys also whine about getting killed in CoD? Getting shot in paintball? Part of the point and story of this game is war.

If you don't like the war aspect, they made special servers for you.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 01:40 PM ----------

Yes, its a real argument. And no, I don't agree with those changes either. They have different difficulties for a reason.

What the OP wants already exists in PVE servers. Tell me why PVP servers should be changed?
    Not really, it is really is about the same. I've been bullied when I was younger (most of mid school for that matter) so I am well aware of how it is. I'd compare it to sports on school, let's say the class is doing dodgeball and keeps picking out the same person to ignore and not let him participate in the game. (real life situation and it wasn't because of the stereotype nerdy stuff...they just didn't like me in the class....I'd say that's pretty much the same as being camped for hours in PvP.

Let's make it clear that I'm not saying they are the same...I'm saying they are about the same. It comes down to the same thing, preventing a player to not enjoy the game they are playing for their own pleasure.

Deleted
    I played on pvp servers from vanilla right through to firelands in cata. Always raged over gankers and came close to quitting several times. I didn't want to switch to pve because it would mean leaving my guildmates behind. Well big surprise after the years pass I found myself separated from most of them anyway and in a new guild which decided to move to a PVE realm to merge with another 10man guild there. Made the plunge and moved my main and I couldn't be happier. Life is good when you can play the game without the knowledge that at any moment you can be ganked.

Im not saying its your fault for rolling pvp because I imagine you have similar reasons to me for rolling on that type of server. But consider aswell it doesn't take long to find a new guild and new friends on a PvE realm. Since crossing over I have to wonder how much more fun I could have had if id done this years back. Alakir is not an alliance friendly place. Any open world event I missed out on, Daily quest hubs where a constant battle trying to survive long enough to get the quests done. the game just wasn't fun.

Of course the main reason most don't want to leave pvp realms is because they look forward to the day they can fly around low lvl areas and gank the smeg out of the faction that ganked them. Which makes complaining about It a bit redundant

Not really, it is really is about the same. I've been bullied when I was younger (most of mid school for that matter) so I am well aware of how it is. I'd compare it to sports on school, let's say the class is doing dodgeball and keeps picking out the same person to ignore and not let him participate in the game. (real life situation and it wasn't because of the stereotype nerdy stuff...they just didn't like me in the class....I'd say that's pretty much the same as being camped for hours in PvP.

Let's make it clear that I'm not saying they are the same...I'm saying they are about the same. It comes down to the same thing, preventing a player to not enjoy the game they are playing for their own pleasure.
    What an awful comparison.

A more apt example would be that a slow, clumsy kid willingly decides to join a dodgeball tournament (well aware of the fact that there are very athletic people in the tournament who can target him) and then proceeds to get hit a bunch with dodgeballs and whines about how he should be able to play in the dodgeball tournament but that the more athletic kids shouldn't be able to throw balls at him.

I'm sorry you were ACTUALLY bullied when you were young. So was I. This is by no means even close to the same thing.

Being in school gym class isn't about war. Playing a game based around war.. is about war. World of WARcraft is about WAR. the point is to fight the other faction! But Ho! Blizzard thought some people might not enjoy that aspect and made special servers for them.

Again, comparing your experience getting killed in a game about war to someone actually being bullied is just disgusting. This reminds me of the "first world problems" meme where a snobby kid is complaining about his iphone something or other, and kids are dying in Africa.

If only real bully victims could simply "log out" or log onto a pve server...

Deleted
    I'm sorry you were ACTUALLY bullied when you were young. So was I. This is by no means even close to the same thing.

Being in school gym class isn't about war. Playing a game based around war.. is about war. World of WARcraft is about WAR. the point is to fight the other faction! But Ho! Blizzard thought some people might not enjoy that aspect and made special servers for them.

Again, comparing your experience getting killed in a game about war to someone actually being bullied is just disgusting. This reminds me of the "first world problems" meme where a snobby kid is complaining about his iphone something or other, and kids are dying in Africa.

If only real bully victims could simply "log out" or log onto a pve server...
    It does come close to the same thing, and not it is not the same thing.

And I wish you would also read that I don't give a fuck about getting killed once, or even twice or three times. It bothers me that it is possible to camp a person for hours without a drawback for the ganker. Do you honestly find that good?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a better argument would be for a 'pvp lite' server something that has more control and restrictions on world pvp that keeps people in more appropriate brackets. Granted I am trying to find a solution rather then just complain about how people get their kicks in game.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    You're in war. A pvp server is designed around this philosophy. No matter your level or standing within the community, you will be killed if you're part of the opposing faction. I personally play on normal servers myself, mostly because I would want to have the opportunity to afk in the wilderness without being ganked. Maybe you should reroll on a normal server instead?

Remember. War is war. The Alliance hates the Horde, and the Horde hates the Alliance.

id be kinda pissed if they removed the ability to kill low level people. i enjoy killing alliance, especially ones with mob tags that i want. i rolled on a pvp server to be able to kill any alliance i see, and i enjoy doing so ^^

And I wish you would also read that I don't give a fuck about getting killed once, or even twice or three times. It bothers me that it is possible to camp a person for hours without a drawback for the ganker. Do you honestly find that good?
    I'm sorry, but when did the term "bullying" suddenly encompass everything that bothers you? It bothers me that people make me pay bills, are they bullies? See the difference?

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 02:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Maybe a better argument would be for a 'pvp lite' server something that has more control and restrictions on world pvp that keeps people in more appropriate brackets. Granted I am trying to find a solution rather then just complain about how people get their kicks in game.
    Thats called a pve server. You can choose when and where you are flagged.

You could always, you know, ask a single guildmate/friend/random stranger to come kill the person.

10+ Year Old Account
    If its red its dead!
    Part of the fun is causing as much grief to the opposing part as possible.

On a pvp realm, yes. I play on pve. But even I can see the benefits of anyone being able to kill anyone of the opposite faction.

First and foremost, wow is a community game. The pvp community has its own quirks. If you're getting ganked, get a higher level guild mate or call in local defense for help. Killing the lowbies attracts higher level players, and world pvp ensues. Protecting lowbies adds to the feeling of honor for the high level players who come to help. It builds teamwork and camaraderie. That IS the pvp atmosphere. It's not the pve atmosphere. It really is that simple. And yes, roll pve is a valid argument.

If you want to compare ganking lowbies to bullying, well then, why don't we compare being overbearing and dismissive and abusive of another position bullying?

Not everyone is equal in the Warcraft universe thats why. Everyone should experience the joy of killing lowbies.

Most people don't realize that back in the day (classic, BC, even wotlk) you actually stood a chance even if you were few levels lower, and two much lower level players could kill max level player.
    Some examples, in vanilla, two lvl 40 players could kill lvl 60 player, in BC 2 lvl 60 players could kill a lvl 70 player, even in wotlk this was possible with similar lvl difference.
    But now, because health and damage scale so exponentially, lvl 90 player could kill 10 lvl 80 players with one AoE attack. Even a raid of lowbies in STV couldn't do anything against lvl 90.

My point is that things were not always like this, and people shouldn't be forced to transfer to a PvE server because of changes to the game. (Especially when these players actually like PvP overall).

I would like to see something like this in STV general "Looking for few lvl 40 players to kill a lvl 90 ganker" instead of "Logging to main so I can kill that ganker".
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |