Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    PVP happened on a PVP server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

because its part of the game, stop crying. OR reroll game.

Deleted
    If you call one-shotting a lower level player "PVP" then i call repeated running RFC without any goals @ lvl 90 "PVE".
    It's about as entertaining as watching a tree grow in 1:1 realtime.

The only balanced world pvp i encountered in later expansion was fighting over farm spots in old zones (subject to enforced CRZ)
    Either by griefing (warlock mob stealing ftw) or plain world pvp between factions. Farmers are usually max lvl too.

It is just a game but I don't think that a grown up person weaving a full force kick to a toddler is socially accepted. This is what lvl 90 vs lvl <70 pvp is like most of the time.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2013-04-21 at 01:17 PM.

Leveled an alliance lock from 80-85-on Sargeras-Alliance which is CRZ'd with Illidan-Horde about a week ago. Got ganked maybe 5 times. Didn't care, went on with my life and made it to Pandaria in about the normal time it takes to quest through Cata. It just sounds like you can't handle it and rage at your pc every time you get ganked.

It won't change. Please stop complaining about it. If you like pvp then like all aspects of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    If you call one-shotting a lower level player "PVP" then i call repeated running RFC without any goals @ lvl 90 "PVE".
    why wouldn't that be pve?

I'll do you one better and say that questing is pve

Deleted
    This is one of the few things guildwars did better, automaticly lowering levels (and HP pool etc) when entering certain zones was great, even though the equipment players had still made a difference (tho there is a cap on gear sort to speak), you had a chance if you were smart enough.
    This way you never had these infinite arguements (i do agree with the OP tho, harrasing lowbies is pointless & stupid) and these stupid reasonings "LOL ITS PVP SERVER"; cause thats basicly how these "arguements" always end.

Warcraft's pvp design for the open world is super flawed, i'm fairly confident if it wasn't due to technical limitations Blizzard would have changed this towards GW's system ages ago, but since they can't, they'll just stick to the current design & base their comments on that.

Blizzard has changed the game in a way that you no longer are required to leave the city in order to reach level cap. You could very easily grind dungeons, pet battles, and bgs for a seamless leveling experience.

Deleted
    Because killing people enough times so that they nerdrage is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

Questing is pve

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Questing is pve
    that's what I said!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

Is a player attacking script controlled monsters then It's pvE yes thus he is actually doing pvE hes engaging in boss fights as well thus pvE he did say hes going to RFC.

So thus he just botched his response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Short version?

Because some people can't handle fighting a player their own level and their delicate little bottoms would be all sore if they were forced to only play with targets that stand a chance of fighting back.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

My personal problem with world PVP is that I can't hop onto my main and gank them back, usually.

They're always in a different CRZ that I can't phase into. That just makes it annoying and stupid. (especially places like shrine of goldrinn, where my max toons are all phased out of.)

Edit: It also doesn't help that resilience scaling is so high as of right now that unless they are REALLY bad, I can't win without full pvp gear.

There doesn't need to be a middle ground change. The middle ground is PVE servers. You can /pvp anytime you want. This means you can wait until you are 90 and /pvp every where you go.

Also they have BG's for people who love pvping people of their level. Just switch servers, it will be a win-win for all.
    There doesn't? You do realize that the world is currently severely underpopulated, right? You do know that Blizzard is currently trying to figure out ways to get people out into the world to solve that problem, right? YOU might not think there needs to be a middle ground, but there certainly DOES need to be if they want low level players to be interested enough to step outside cities during the leveling process.

I mean seriously, Blizzard just spent months revamping the 1-60 zones by redoing quests hubs to make them flow better. It was a complete waste of resources because most players will never even do them for fear of having their time wasted by some asshat griefing them.

Even on pve servers, where you can choose when and where to flag yourself, if you do so at level 20, some level 90 can still come along and gank you. So your logic is fail either way. What many players are asking for, is a place where they can experience world pvp at their level without being unable to fight back. They WANT to fight back, they want the challenge of maybe winning that fight without having to involve other level 90s just to make it fair. They don't want to log over to their main (assuming they even have one, new players probably don't), they want to fight on the character they are currently leveling.

Blizzard needs to understand that and change the rules of pvp servers accordingly. Someone mentioned earlier that they could use phasing to solve this problem, and they definitely could. They could make the game phase out people who are higher level than are intended to be in a zone. Or they could just make it so that pvp flagged players can only be attacked by other players their level.

Lots of easy fixes. I'm still waiting for you to tell me what is lost by doing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    My personal problem with world PVP is that I can't hop onto my main and gank them back, usually.

They're always in a different CRZ that I can't phase into. That just makes it annoying and stupid. (especially places like shrine of goldrinn, where my max toons are all phased out of.)
    My problem is this.

In the industry I work in IRL, I tend to work with a LOT of fellow WoW players. I'd say in the past 7 years, I've worked with probably over 70 different people who play on PvP servers. In seven years, you know how many I have heard talk about even one actual fair fight? One. And he was COMPLAINING about it because it was stopping him from camping newbies. You know how many I've heard brag about griefing people who can't fight back for hours on end? ALL OF THEM.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Blizzard needs to understand that and change the rules of pvp servers accordingly.
    PvP servers are serving their purpose well. If an alternative rule set is required, it should come in the form of another server type and not at the expense of the PvP server functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    And this often also lead to the massive world pvp events a'la South Shore / Tauren Mill.., I guess it's a hard concept to deal with in today's 100% anti-social fast food game..
    This is such a great post. This is the real problem. Back in the day people didn't whine that much about things like ganking in a war game. They got friends and counter ganked. They did something about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    But the thing with stupid people who enjoy bullying is that they dont see whats wrong with it, they will continue to argue there's nothing wrong with what theyre doing just like we've seen from people in this thread.
    If anything to do with this thread were actual bullying, this might be relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Sad to see how much antisocial people play this game, I thought we were blessed away from the dumb COD-crowd.
    Lowbie-ganking isnt your way of dealing with getting spanked by your parents, its just pathetic and you should grow up.
    Whats wrong with COD? Thats another war game, like WoW is... I don't see how you somehow equate ganking to someone being mentally disturbed by being spanked when they were young.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyxx View Post
    There is simple solution for this and similar tech already exist in WoW (challenge mode for dungeons) - just apply it for characters in low lvl zones and dynamically adjust player and gear stats. Talents and skills (scaled down of course) still give them enough advantage but those low lvl players get at least some remote chance to fight back - so it's still pvp.
    You are right! There is a similar tech that already exists in WoW, its called PVE servers! It would fix ALL of the OPs problems! WOW!

When I rolled on a PvP server years ago, there was always the chance of escaping a higher level since we had the same mount speed. Now, with flying mounts in Azeroth and CRZ, it's just not fun to level. It's a pain in the ass. I don't want to spend $200 in transfers to move my characters...wtb free ones pl0x

Deleted
    It's entertaining, but has it's limits. PvP servers are made for World PvP, reroll a normal/rp server then if it bothers you.

It is allowed because it is a PvP server. I believe the PvP automatically enables you when you hit 20 or 30, untill then, don't try to hit someone of the opposite faction, or heal a PvP-Enabled friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosty View Post
    This is one of the few things guildwars did better, automaticly lowering levels (and HP pool etc) when entering certain zones was great, even though the equipment players had still made a difference (tho there is a cap on gear sort to speak), you had a chance if you were smart enough.
    This way you never had these infinite arguements (i do agree with the OP tho, harrasing lowbies is pointless & stupid) and these stupid reasonings "LOL ITS PVP SERVER"; cause thats basicly how these "arguements" always end.

Warcraft's pvp design for the open world is super flawed, i'm fairly confident if it wasn't due to technical limitations Blizzard would have changed this towards GW's system ages ago, but since they can't, they'll just stick to the current design & base their comments on that.
    Its not flawed, you just don't like it. There is a huge difference. No matter how many things you put in upper case or quotations, won't disprove the simple fact that we have 4 server types, and 2 of them have open faction pvp enabled, and 2 of them let you choose when and where you want to pvp.

PVE servers do exist, and let people choose.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Short version?

Because some people can't handle fighting a player their own level and their delicate little bottoms would be all sore if they were forced to only play with targets that stand a chance of fighting back.
    This is a straw man response. Its just dismissing any real arguments here and labeling people who gank as bads, when I'm sure many of them could stomp on your max level toons as well. Just because they enjoy killing lowbies, doesn't make them bad, or you better than they are. PVP is part of the game, on pvp servers.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 12:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    There doesn't? You do realize that the world is currently severely underpopulated, right? You do know that Blizzard is currently trying to figure out ways to get people out into the world to solve that problem, right? YOU might not think there needs to be a middle ground, but there certainly DOES need to be if they want low level players to be interested enough to step outside cities during the leveling process.
    No, the middle ground you want already exists in a server type. Its called PVE servers. THAT is the middle ground between NO pvp and ALL pvp. So go there and have fun whenever you want.