Poll: Do you only play one faction?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried soooo many times to roll Alliance. I've tried every race, and every time, I just couldn't get into the Alliance 'side' of the story. I even started off as Alliance when I picked up the game back in '06, so it wasn't because I was already enamored with the Horde. IDK, the Horde just seems more fun and interesting to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Horde player in heart and spirit. I was born Horde, I will die Horde. Lok'tar O'gar!

But I'm an Alliance player in game...only because there's no R.ID cross faction grouping.

I play both sides.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2013-04-20 at 06:17 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    when i started playing, you couldnt have toons from both factions on one server. all my friends were on one server, so i developed faction pride. even though that barrier has been lifted, i still refuse to play the other faction. i might have been tempted if they never allowed both factions on one server.

FOR THE HORDE!
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-04-20 at 06:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I have a few ally toons, as I do want to see what the 'other side of the fence' is like quest-wise, but I haven't spent a lot of time with them at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    99% alliance. I had a friend a while back who switched a couple of her chars to horde, so I decided to roll one. I also made a bank toon on that side. All I ended up doing was leveling a tauren hunter to about 75, made a fuck-load of cash on the horde AH, deleted the char and gave all the money from my bank toon to my friend. It isn't so much that I'm anti-horde or pro-alliance, it's just that I've been on the ally side for so long, I'm used to it. Going to horde side, I have nothing, I have nobody to talk to, no gear, no gold, it's like starting over. I don't even want to roll an alliance char on a new server, for the same reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

i have both horde and alliance paladins, havent got around to leveling my horde alt yet this expansion though i plan to at some point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    when i started playing, you couldnt have toons from both factions on one server. all my friends were on one server, so i developed faction pride. even thought that barrier has been lifted, i still refuse to play the other faction. i might have been tempted if they never allowed both factions on one server.

FOR THE HORDE!
    On PvE servers you could.

But yes.. since I always played on pvp servers I couldn't do this till much later in the game. And what a huge improvement it was!

10+ Year Old Account

Tried to play Alliance side but have not been able to get an ally toon past mid 30's. I just don't really like any of the races on ally side. They all look goofy to me at some level.

Plus I've been playing horde since Orcs and Humans.
    Last edited by Tacotruck; 2013-04-20 at 06:42 AM.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

I've always played Alliance because I think most of the Horde races are ugly, BElves are too lame, and Horde overall hasn't been played off as "misunderstood" as much as they should be. Nobody can claim the Forsaken are good, the Orcs don't have a good track record even after being free of the blood curse or w/e, the Tauren are rather honorable but never play any significant role, etc.

The Alliance have their fair share of shady crap in their history, but they at least strive to be something greater. The Horde only seem to know how to be aggressive and ruin everything they touch. Thrall and his position in Cataclysm even was basically neutral at that point, as he had stepped down as Warchief, and Hellscream didn't like what he was doing, etc.

That said, I do think there is hope for the Horde to be a better counterpoint to the Alliance at the end of this expansion. I'm leaning towards the leaders deciding that with the dynamics of the Horde as they are, a Council of leaders will be better than having a single Warchief. At the very least, the next Warchief wouldn't be an Orc. (Assuming they don't have Thrall reluctantly take the lead again out of left field)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    On PvE servers you could.

But yes.. since I always played on pvp servers I couldn't do this till much later in the game. And what a huge improvement it was!
    Ah, ty for the correction. i only just two months ago finally left the crappy pvp server. so i really never knew about being able to play both factions on PvE servers. so a PvP server was useful for something i guess, helping to develop faction pride. thats about all it was good for.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I have leveled characters on both sides, but I still play Alliance much more. None of my Horde characters have ever been anything like a main.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play both factions, but I give 90% of my WoW time to play Horde toons really :P
    Throughout MoP so far I've only gone as far as to do some of Jade Forest questline on one of my two Alliance 85's.

Deleted
    i play both, but i spent far more time on my horde characters.

Deleted
    Started on alliance and most of my characters are alliance, however I also have a few high levels on horde, because I don't particularly care for either faction, I like both and I like to experience both sides of the story.

Deleted
    I used to play both but favor Alliance, I don't play the game anymore.

Deleted
    I primarily play as Horde, but I've leveled up quite a few Alliance characters as well during the years. I like both, only real reason I play Horde is because my guild does, and Alliance really doesn't have a single good race that can be Warlock. Humans might work once they have gotten their models updated though...

I play on an alliance character 99% of the time. When I occasionally log one of my horde character I miss my bank char and the easy income of gold from the professions of my alt alliance characters. I can't even afford glyphs on the server my horde character plays on because they cost 200-300g each. Or if I for example need an enchant I have to find an enchanter or buy the extremely overpriced scrolls.

I usually WPvP and if the faction I'm playing on has a big advantage I'll jump to the other faction and help em out
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Main Alliance, but from time to time i check out my horde side.

90 ~ Draenei hunter.
    90 ~ Tauren Druid
    89 ~ Dwarf Warrior.
    85 ~ Orc Warrior
    85 ~ Night elf Mage
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I only play one faction at a time, but I switch between them.

Currently Horde.