Poll: Do you read quest texts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Don't think i've read a quest since BC

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Of course, it's an RPG and I care about the story, now more than ever most likely.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    first time always and then only if i cant remember what it was about.

Nope, never. I don't care about lore, I care about raiding and PvP, which there is none of before max level. Just pick up quest, look for the location of said quest on the map, go there, do whatever is needed, go back and turn it in.

I always do. I want to actually enjoy the game and the story. If I want to mindlessly run through and kill stuff, I'll fire up an FPS game.

The only time I don't is when I'm questing with friends. None of my friends are like me when it comes to reading quest texts, so by the time I read it, they're already halfway to the quest item wondering where I am because they are all "GOGOGOGOGO" mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldscar View Post
    First time doing a quest, yes.

After that, maybe.
    Most of the time I don't read the text past the first of second times, just because, most quest are really easy to undestand, and once you know them there is simply no need to read them anymore.

Been playing since UBRS10 and I've only intentionally read quest text maybe a dozen times. Quests are probably the farthest reason from why I play the game.

Deleted
    I used to read them the first time - especially since when I started playing we didn't have the whole in built quest tracking on the map thing, so you kinda had to read them, but I confess lately I've been finding myself ignoring them even on quests I haven't done before and just opening the map and heading towards numbers.

Deleted
    Yes, but I skip Pandaria outside of the Horde centered quests. I just don't give a f*ck about those damn pandas.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the first character.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm obsessive... with every character.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Not if i don't like the questgiver. I'm not joking; i'd rather play than read, and unfortunately i tend to judge the description from the title or how the NPC appears.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2013-04-20 at 02:11 PM.

Nope, I never do. I tried once, but I just couldn't take it. Which is why I prefer voice overs.

10+ Year Old Account
    When there's a new expansion out and i'm leveling my main fast to the cap I don't read quest texts. However on the next character I do.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends whether I care about what they pertain to. I don't really care for why some guy in Desolace wants me to kill ten boars, but I'll listen intently to why Grand Magister Rommath wants me to bust into the Violet Citadel and save Aethas Sunreaver.

Only the first time through.

10+ Year Old Account
    From time to time. Sometimes I just want to move on as fast as possible, just skipping the text and killing 10 bad guys for whatever reason.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it's a daily, I glance at it for a quarter of a second. If the tracked objectives are unclear or I'm having some other difficulty, I go back and actually read it.