Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Give Hunters a baseline Interruping Shot on a 15 sec CD and make Silencing Shot replace it when specced.

Problem solved, 30 Talents are now a CC Tier and not just "lul need silencing shot".
    Yes please

I'm fairly certain that the point of this change was to slightly nerf BM control.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I understand the change for Pvp. Less CC. But Hunters are the only class without a Baseline interupt. Its not like a Mage has to spec into Counterspell to interupt so why should be need to spec into silencing shot. Give it to us baseline and make the talent give silencing like 2 charges with a 30 second CD or something like Warriors double charge. Something you know. Honestly im really too upset over the change just think Hunters shouldn't be the only class without a baseline interupt. Only thing that is bothering me is that Binding Shot will be MM only. Think thats a bit much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad there's not a talent system with a wide variety of trade-offs, were instead of having to pick and choose between a tiny subset of abilities, you could put your focus where you wanted, and trade some crit% or hit% or even some damage for utility abilities, if you wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Too bad there's not a talent system with a wide variety of trade-offs, were instead of having to pick and choose between a tiny subset of abilities, you could put your focus where you wanted, and trade some crit% or hit% or even some damage for utility abilities, if you wanted to.
    nah bro, too cookie cutter.

Quote Originally Posted by redsunrising15 View Post
    "They have to give up Silencing Shot to take the stun. Not sure you'll see that many take that trade."

So Ghostcrawler is adding a talent that he explicitly states is undesirable relative to another talent in that tier. Am I missing something here? What happened to "fun, exciting choices?"

I'll still be rolling with Intimidation just because you can use stuns on any class, but this plot just makes me sour.
    Silencing Shot will be better in general but is not mandatory and blizzard is probably fine with that, it is a choice to make, as even with him stating that the majority won't take the trade but u took it.

They also said that some talents won't be used in general but will have their place to shine, Wyvern Sting looks shitty but really helps on the Lei Shi fight for example.
    That’s what I do, Zoggosh. I think good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsohg View Post
    Thats a different scenario. He made it a dps loss by like 3% or so, its not like 3% really matters on anything other than top tier raids. Its convenient, no longer micro managing your pet makes it a bit easier. You shouldn't gain dps through convenience talent. The silencing shot thing is mandatory utility that we have to take, because the other two choices are garbage. Now if they redesign intimidation to provide a 5s stun on a 30s cooldown and make it act like KC, which is instant, not on next swing, then I could see competition. But as of now, its designed to be a nerf. He knows no one will take it.
    Sacrifice is 15-20k dps behind Supremacy right now, actually. It's not a minor difference.

And Sacrifice gives warlocks a silence/interrupt, so it is the same exact situation. You can use a pet for the interrupt, just like we can. But the talent is required for us to have it.

Ummm, pet for an interrupt? Unless you're talking about mobs which are CCable and thus interruptible by sleeps or blinds, we don't have a pet interrupt. Not to mention (at least in 10 man) hunters often need to bring specific (de)buff pets.

Silencing Shot is our only interrupt, and we have to spec into it. We are the only DPS spec(s) in the game to not have a baseline interrupt.

LOL, my bad, apparently nether rays can interrupt. Never heard of anyone ever actually having a nether ray in their stable slot, at least in PvE.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2013-04-22 at 04:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

LOL, my bad, apparently nether rays can interrupt. Never heard of anyone ever actually having a nether ray in their stable slot, at least in PvE.
    Moth's and Gorilla's have interrupts too.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

well, the issue was that hunters' were pwning blizzard's pet class, mages. that's the ultimate gauge to go by: can you pwn a mage? if yes, hello nerfbat.

This guy is a mod for this forum section and yet he doesn't even know the class...what?

Hunter Cc is still strong as fuck when used properly...
    Paladins have to chose between having 30s cd, 20yard stun or Repentence (sheep).
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-04-22 at 05:26 AM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Moth's and Gorilla's have interrupts too.
    Wasps have a 2 second stun on a 45 second CD, not an interrupt.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Other than Warlocks (who can choose a silence or a seduce (a better choice cause there is no cd and it be used on all classes) Hunters are the one and only class without a baseline "silence." No one is choosing "wyvern sting." If you play BM. you can use the shale spider for the stun and choose "silence shot" but then you lose a hell of a lot of survivability without the spirit beast's heal. If you choose "intimidation," you are rendered completely ineffective against healers and casters. Granted, BM Hunters survived before MOP without "silence shot," however:the game is very different since then, other classes received new abilities and talents and blizzard nerfed beastial wrath. This move makes "zero" sense. The only reason I can see blizzard doing this is to make MM more attractive and if that's the case do something else. Rogues, admittedly underpowered before 5.2 got preparation back, fire mages got scorch back and now you're butchering BM Hunters "again" for "NO" reason whatsoever. In my opinion, this is blizzard's response to noobs crying about Hunter's having 2 stuns with the shale spider out and silence shot. If that is the case, ppl need to realize a BM Hunter loses a hell of a lot of survivability by choosing a shale spider, that is the trade off. The problem is Blizzard is listening to ppl who don't know their class and don't know the hunter class and that is a shame. Blizzard needs to learn how to qualify the credibility of the ppl they give priority to when it comes to game balance. Maybe I am not seeing something and this does not balance the game, but if so it is at the cost of "Killing" bm hunters much like they did with Fire Mages and Rogues prior to 5.2. I don't believe BM Hunters need another nerf anymore than Mages, Warriors or Dks, but if this is blizzard's thinking, they need to state it and do something different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Hunter Cc is still strong as fuck when used properly...
    Paladins have to chose between having 30s cd, 20yard stun or Repentence (sheep).
    There is a world of difference between a 6 sec stun and a 3 sec one.

If hunters where given the choice between a castable fear/sheep (8s, off cd) with shadowfury (aoe3s)/deep(5s) on a 30sec cd.
    Do you really think anyone of us would choose to keep scatter+trap (8s, 30s cd) and intimidation(3s, 1min cd)?

Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    But Hunters are the only class without a Baseline interupt.
    Nope, priest.

[QUOTE=Huntingbear_grimbatol;20901438]Hunter Cc is still strong as fuck when used properly...

There is no room for error with hunter CC because everything possesses a CD. If a paly screws up or misses a CC, they can use one their (2)two immune nothing can hurt me button or heal themselves. I'd take divine shield over detterence in a heartbeat with no regrets and I'd take Paly heals over hunter heals too.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 03:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    Nope, priest.
    Umm - maybe silence is a baseline interrupt? Seriously...do you play this game?

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 03:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Total contradiction to blizz's reason for the new talent system. Do not get these changes. Don't Blizz understand that there are reasons why MM is not popular? It's clunky and also performing lower than the other specs, badly designed spec is bad whatever buffs, additions made of it. Even if mm became top dog I would still not want to play it unless they nerfed the crap outta the other 2 specs. Blizz needs to go back to the drawing board to make MM fun but also need to stick to their promise of making the new talent system fun and interesting not go back to more cookie cutter builds. Another PvP nerf that affects PvE and this seems to be the trend of late.
    I agree, this is 100% about making MM more attractive and they do it at the cost of BM. Why not do what they did with Mages and Rogues? They gave back scorch and preparation, respectively and introduced new talents. Made perfect sense, no one complained. Why not revisit the "critter morph" ability they flirted with in the MOP Beta or wrack your fucking brain and come up with something. I am not trumpeting "critter morph," but I am atttempting to steer this incredibly dumbass move in a different direction.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 03:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    well, the issue was that hunters' were pwning blizzard's pet class, mages. that's the ultimate gauge to go by: can you pwn a mage? if yes, hello nerfbat.
    Very interesting and deadly accurate point!

Except Silence is just that... a silence. Trinketable, DRs, subject to meta gems that reduce duration, cleansable, triple the CD of interrupts.

I didn't create a forum account to argue semantics or with someone who doesn't know the difference. Just bored. Don't know why you're being hostile.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Other than Warlocks (who can choose a silence or a seduce (a better choice cause there is no cd and it be used on all classes) Hunters are the one and only class without a baseline "silence." No one is choosing "wyvern sting." If you play BM. you can use the shale spider for the stun and choose "silence shot" but then you lose a hell of a lot of survivability without the spirit beast's heal. If you choose "intimidation," you are rendered completely ineffective against healers and casters. Granted, BM Hunters survived before MOP without "silence shot," however:the game is very different since then, other classes received new abilities and talents and blizzard nerfed beastial wrath. This move makes "zero" sense. The only reason I can see blizzard doing this is to make MM more attractive and if that's the case do something else. Rogues, admittedly underpowered before 5.2 got preparation back, fire mages got scorch back and now you're butchering BM Hunters "again" for "NO" reason whatsoever. In my opinion, this is blizzard's response to noobs crying about Hunter's having 2 stuns with the shale spider out and silence shot. If that is the case, ppl need to realize a BM Hunter loses a hell of a lot of survivability by choosing a shale spider, that is the trade off. The problem is Blizzard is listening to ppl who don't know their class and don't know the hunter class and that is a shame. Blizzard needs to learn how to qualify the credibility of the ppl they give priority to when it comes to game balance. Maybe I am not seeing something and this does not balance the game, but if so it is at the cost of "Killing" bm hunters much like they did with Fire Mages and Rogues prior to 5.2. I don't believe BM Hunters need another nerf anymore than Mages, Warriors or Dks, but if this is blizzard's thinking, they need to state it and do something different.
    You cannot invalidate warlocks by saying we can choose a silence or seduce but ignore Nether Rays which give you an interrupt.

As someone with a 90 warlock and a 90 hunter, I understand where this thread comes from, but hunters are not alone in this. Warlocks are being treated like crap as well with their talent that gives them an interrupt. They outright told us sacrifice would be a DPS loss. It's currently a huge DPS loss to grab. Just like in 5.3, grabbing silencing shot will be crippling by losing Intimidation for BM.

Before this gets worse, can the arguing stop please? (you can still talk about the subject, just not provocatively and argumentatively) You can use a priest's silence to interrupt player casted abilities or silence them to prevent it from happening and if used on NPCs a priest silence interrupts spellcasting for 3 seconds.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-04-22 at 08:53 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart