What are your opinions on race for a Destro lock?

I've been a troll up to now for berserking and the 5% dmg boost on beasts, but lately I've been having the feeling that berserking isn't particularly helping me anymore, because it basically pushes my incinerates beyond the GCD, even moreso together with bloodlust (have already reforged completely out of haste/crit and gone full mastery). In preperation of the legendary meta gem, I've been pondering on a race change because I'm beginning to feel either undead or orc might be a better choice for me. I realise, troll will still be a very good choice for affliction, but I'm really enjoying destruction at the moment and am aiming at finishing the tier in destruction with just some affliction play on council, twins and maybe tortos.

I realise it won't make a massive difference, but I'm a sucker for mix/maxing. Would anyone else race change for pve min/max, and what would you choose in this situation, troll, orc, undead or something else?
    Last edited by Nupss; 2013-04-20 at 04:34 PM.

Deleted
    Orc, but purely for aesthetic reasons.

Besides, 2% more demon damage and a spell power boost? Yes please.

Evrelia says Troll is better than Orc. I say Blood Elf because boobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead, but that's the race I advocate for everything. DK? Undead. Paladin? Undead. Druid? Undead. Shaman? ... actually that one I'm fine without being Undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    I'm guessing Evrelia says that because he mains Affliction, where haste pretty much doesn't have a cap. A Troll's beastslaying sure would be a loss on horri, tortos and ji-kun.

Deleted
    why do you pop your racial mini bloodlust while spamming incinerates?

would be more beneficial if you would pop it with DS:I and get out 1 more buffed Chaos Bolt

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of the whole "play what you like" thing, which is a place I've recently arrived back at - you're probably best to go orc if you're rolling GoSup. If you're using GoSac more often you're probably better sticking with troll given the current content and modifying when you use Berserking.

I have to throw in here that I've changed my warlock 4 times since race changes became available. Started as undead in vanilla, went goblin, then orc, then troll (and man I hated be a troll, no offense troll-lovers, just not for me) and finally just said screw it and went back to what made me happy: Forsaken. I was extremely worried about losing dps, as our guild is best defined as "part-time hardcore" or "hardcore casual" and still competitive enough to min/max a bit.

I've read that Touch of the Grave scales with mastery, and I'm running a fairly heavy mastery build....but even if that's not true the difference has not been significant as destruction. Unless you're in a bleeding-edge content guild that's pushing for world / server firsts, seconds, or even thirds the difference at this stage isn't really worth it. Just my .02.
    Last edited by Nemah; 2013-04-20 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Left something out.

Just to put an Alliance answer in, even though the Horde racials will be better, Worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    What's wrong with troll boobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Outside of the whole "play what you like" thing, which is a place I've recently arrived back at - you're probably best to go orc if you're rolling GoSup. If you're using GoSac more often you're probably better sticking with troll given the current content and modifying when you use Berserking.

I have to throw in here that I've changed my warlock 4 times since race changes became available. Started as undead in vanilla, went goblin, then orc, then troll (and man I hated be a troll, no offense troll-lovers, just not for me) and finally just said screw it and went back to what made me happy: Forsaken. I was extremely worried about losing dps, as our guild is best defined as "part-time hardcore" or "hardcore casual" and still competitive enough to min/max a bit.

I've read that Touch of the Grave scales with mastery, and I'm running a fairly heavy mastery build....but even if that's not true the difference has not been significant as destruction. Unless you're in a bleeding-edge content guild that's pushing for world / server firsts, seconds, or even thirds the difference at this stage isn't really worth it. Just my .02.
    I suppose you are right, I'm not at all in a bleeding edge guild (2/13 hc), I'm just someone who gets a smile on his face when I beat my raiding buddies on a tough new fight. Touch of the Grave would only scale with mastery on certain classes that get increased shadow damage by upping their mastery, so that's not us unfortunately. If it had to be Orc, it'd have to be female, and they will probably do more on a fight than undead, but I do agree with you Nemah that they are sexy

Deleted
    Orc for destro. Troll for affliction and demonology.

From an aesthetic standpoint (I am a newbie to Warlock so I don't know the theorycrafting yet and won't deign to toss my view into that), do you want to be a hunchback Jamaican voodoo cannibal or a burly green tusked brute? Personally I don't like how a lot of armor looks on Trolls, but I love the race itself. However, I also like how Orcs look. From a RP (lol) standpoint it's an interesting dynamic too with what's going on: Did you join Vol'jin out of loyalty and because the Kor'kron kicked you out of your home (maybe killed a few cousins during a "revolt")? Or are you an Orc who thinks Garrosh is going too far and now you have to look behind your shoulder constantly to make sure that Malkorok and his goons don't kill you for being a sympathizer.