Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by delyian View Post
    How does that apply when you consider the haste versus hit/expertise from the shado-pan or feather. The procs may obviously be better on shado-pan or feather, but if you are well over hit cap (which is not hard to do these days) - wouldn't the haste gain outweigh the proc difference.

Obviously this is a situational question - but considering I'm in that situation I think it's relevant.
    Feather is BiS even if the whole hit rating provided is wasted while the Shado-Pan becomes the worst 522 trinket if you don't need the expertise on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    Feather is BiS even if the whole hit rating provided is wasted while the Shado-Pan becomes the worst 522 trinket if you don't need the expertise on it.
    So, basically it goes like this:

Expertise useful:
    Feather > Shado-pan > primordius > Spark <-- Or is primordius still better?

Expertise not needed:
    Feather > Primordius > Spark > Shado-pan

Did some checking on logs last night, and feather and spark had almost identical uptimes on most of the fights I had checked. Even with the massive strength proc (that you only get for 2 seconds for max stacks, and have to half at least half the stacks for it to be almost equal to spark [H]) I still stand beside primordius/spark being bis for 2h without a doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Conatzer View Post
    Did some checking on logs last night, and feather and spark had almost identical uptimes on most of the fights I had checked. Even with the massive strength proc (that you only get for 2 seconds for max stacks, and have to half at least half the stacks for it to be almost equal to spark [H]) I still stand beside primordius/spark being bis for 2h without a doubt
    You can't argue with math. Feather > spark

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deadorc View Post
    Imo it's pretty terrible playing from a fester blight pov, It never stacks or lines up as my Ji-kun trinket does. Im currently rolling with Ji-kun and primordius trinket as they line up pretty well meaning I've got strong ass dot's.
    you should be using the shado pan assault trinket and the feather of ji kun for festerblight, waaaaaaaaaaaaaay stronger dots

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conatzer View Post
    Unholy or Frost?

What was your uptime?

Math is easy, gimme numbers, I'll give you results.

Assuming the exact same uptime (which is what he said) we will look at avg str over the proc duration.

(522) feather averages out to 7331.5 (avg) str for the duration of the proc, while (522) spark is 7333. Do with it as you will.

Feather math;

Each second of the proc you have below

Totaling 146630

146630/20= 7331.5 avg Str

Ya except they buffed the feather and those numbers are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by scabobos View Post
    Ya except they buffed the feather and those numbers are wrong.
    ahh, I only have the TF version so I took the tooltip off of wowhead as truth...

It works out to 9163 avg str, which puts it ahead of 535 spark which sits at 8279 str. (assuming exact same uptime again)

new numbers below

totaling 183260

183260/20 = 9163 avg str for the proc duration

You can just multiply the amount of strength given by one stack by 5.5 to get the average.

Deleted
    ye, checking logs both spark and feather seem to have about a 30% uptime (as unholy). Main problem with spark is it not proccing on the pull, but tbh that's not a massive deal when it comes to aoe-type fights anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    ye, checking logs both spark and feather seem to have about a 30% uptime (as unholy). Main problem with spark is it not proccing on the pull, but tbh that's not a massive deal when it comes to aoe-type fights anyway.
    On some fights it may even be an advantage do have a delayed proc.
    Like Jin'Rohk (water buff zone) , Horridon (add spawning) , Tortos (first turtle spawn) ,....

Deleted
    Im playing 2h frost untill i get a bit better gear and normal spark is doing wonders for me, its lining up with fight specific dmg increases on fights like jin'rokh HC and Ji'kun HC perfectly every time, having that extra str during those high % dmg increases gives such a high burst and its easy to line up your own cooldowns with it, the only negative side is that its never really proccing together with my other trinket so cant stack that aswell.

It has it's uses, all trinkets do, but overall, it isn't the best trinket you could have.

It'd be a better trinket if it turned you into a drakkari berserker hulk thing.