Deleted

Ji-Kun Nest Rotation 10m & 25m

We tried to find accurate information regarding the order in which the nest spawns in 10m and 25m Ji-kun normal but this wasn’t easy so to help out I decided to post our findings here to help other people in a similar situation.

The color refers to the following:

The first nest to become active is the one to your right when you face the boss after landing on the platform. It’s kind of like 3 o’clock. That one is Blue.

Go clockwise around the main platform and at:
    6 o’clock you have Green (right behind you as you land)
    8 o’clock you have Purple
    11 0’clock you have Red
    1 0’clock you have Yellow

Here is the rotation for 10m:

Feed Young Lower Higher
    1 Blue
    2 Green
    3 Purple
    4 Blue
    5 Green
    6 Center
    7 Blue
    8 Green
    9+10 Purple Blue
    11 Green
    12 Center

On 10M we have 1 grp take care of Blue-Green-Blue-Green-Blue-Green
    and another to take care of Purple-Center-Purple-Center

And the rotation for 25m:

Feed Young Lower Higher
    1 Blue
    2 Green
    3 Purple
    4 Red
    5+6 Yellow Blue
    7 Green
    8 Center
    9+10 Blue Purple
    11+12 Green Yellow
    13 Purple
    14 Red
    15+16 Yellow Blue

We havent done the fight on 25m yet, but we are considering using 4 groups where 1 group take Blue+Green, and the rest of the groups take care of 1 color (low and high nests, with low-red team on the nest upper center).

We are not focused on getting the dps/heal buff from grabbing the food in the air

when we do it we just have one group flying. we let the simultaneous spawn's upp nest hatch and heal through the extra damage from the juveniles. the problem with this strat is that you might be prone to rng deaths from multiple caws coming in on the same person.

also, if you're doing 1-group on 10-man you can pop wings on the green platform as feed young is about to happen. just hover and you'll get the food buff. remember not to refresh wings on this platform, or you won't have enough to complete the upp platforms.

i've got a kill video which shows some flying (but i'm sure you'll get better info from watching a fatboss or vox guide haha, but i'm just shamelessly posting it anyway) youtube.com/watch?v=qJzTBsRPhpM

oh and thanks for the consolidation! great post

Deleted
    We use 5 groups in 25man. Each group goes down once and up once 1-6 2-7 3-8 4-9 5-10 and then repeat. This leaves everyone with 2 feathers to fly and get the buff.

Seems to work pretty well

in 10man you can easily have 2 people take all the platforms, however this leaves you with 2 adds up towards the end, but we haven't had any issues with it so far.

We just have the DPS from the top jump down and take feathers since there will be 1 or 2 spare on each lower platform (depending if you bring a healer or not).
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    in 10man you can easily have 2 people take all the platforms, however this leaves you with 2 adds up towards the end, but we haven't had any issues with it so far.

We just have the DPS from the top jump down and take feathers since there will be 1 or 2 spare on each lower platform (depending if you bring a healer or not).
    We do pretty much the same thing but send 3, we have 2 hunters and a monk healer taking every platform, by the time it gets to 1 upper 1 lower spawning at the same time the boss is sub 20% so we ignore the nests after that bloodlust and zerg anyway. I play frost dk and i take a feather on first and third lower then take another when the lower nests come around again, helps with a nice dps boost aswell as stopping some of the void zones hitting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aginorr View Post
    We do pretty much the same thing but send 3, we have 2 hunters and a monk healer taking every platform, by the time it gets to 1 upper 1 lower spawning at the same time the boss is sub 20% so we ignore the nests after that bloodlust and zerg anyway. I play frost dk and i take a feather on first and third lower then take another when the lower nests come around again, helps with a nice dps boost aswell as stopping some of the void zones hitting
    We do a similar thing, but only send 2 dps down, with self heals (feral druid and ret pala) and stop after the 6th platform is down, ignore 7+ and nuke boss.

Deleted
    i do not know anything about hc or 25m, but the 10m version of this fight is a joke, after some practice to the mechanics it feels easier than the LFR version to me.
    Strategy: (not the usual one since we use 3 tank, 2 heal and 5 dd)
    killing adds on 1,2,3 and 7
    Blood Dk and Destrolock(me) doing adds on 1,2,3 and 7
    after that the boss is at about 40%, then we use hero and simply burn the boss until he gives us loot.

this leaves 2 feathers from nest 1, 3 and 7 to some dps or healer
    and 4 feathers from nest 2 for some dps or healer

so as u can see we have no healer flying with the nestkillersquad, since the dk and I do not really need healing down /up there.
    one group healer on the main platfrom could be enough, but 2 is for us lazy people.
    as a nest killer you can click your feather and grab the dmg buff at feed young 2 and 3 (use the first feather to fly from nest 1 to 2, dps the hatched adds and wait for the feed young cast, then click your feather and fly 1 meter above the nest in the center even as a mele you can dps the adds and grab the buff. repeat at nest 3 and remember to grab a new feather there)

we kill the 7. nest simply because i want a feather for the execute ^^

as a dps on the platform i suggest you practice the "catching the 100% dmg buff during feed young" in the lfr, since you have infinite feathers. simply fly about 10 yards in the air near the boss (remember the nearest person to the boss has aggro, so do not get to close)

srsly if you kill some adds and do not stick on one spot all together this is a really freeloot boss like the first one.
    Good Luck and Have Fun with the 100% dmg buff.

PS: if you are smart and lazy you could watch the boss timer for the feed young while the boss trys to push you off the platform. Use feather, fly and do not get pushed away while still getting the buff whith ONE feather = winwin.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for posting this was really confused about activation order and now I sorted things up!