Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You can solo static shock even on normal, but not with a crappy cooldown like pain supression.

Deterrance
    Zen Med
    Spriest thingy
    >insert others<

Deleted
    Nobody said Lfr was a wipe free-zone so everybody complaining here should grow up and face facts that some things you need to fight for here in life.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's fine. Once I was able to tell the 528~ ilevel guy that was screaming at everyone and calling them names to shut up for 5 seconds so I could explain the fight to people it was fine. We died a couple times to adds, but that was mostly because up until that point it wasn't clearly explained how to avoid them.

I would so much rather do LFR with 24 people that only do LFR than do it 2-3 people that think they're hot shit because they've got real raid gear and think that gives them the right to hurl insults at people who have never done the fight before. Truthfully I hope their guild leaders treat them that way the first time they encounter a mechanic. In truth if a person can't calmly express themselves and explain the fight mechanics to people who haven't seen the fight before and they feel the need to hurl insults and call people "retards" and "fails" - then they have bigger issues than wiping in LFR. I actually asked one person in there yesterday while I was taking my alt priest through for the first time if he wanted me to help him find his local anger management resources.

Honestly I didn't have much of an issue maybe 2-3 wipes with myself explaining it to the rest of the people. I did this on three toons sure it helps that I was fortunate enough to have killed him on normal the first week but in reality it isn't hard if you stop face rolling for about 5 seconds and explain things to people.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I liked it. We had 7-8 wipes before we got the tactics done (those who were unfamiliar with 'basic' raiding mechanics) and I really do hope they'll do this to more bosses in the future. But, they should not make entire raids like this, some bosses has to be faceroll, seeing that it is LFR after all.

It's going to be nerfed. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    I liked it. We had 7-8 wipes before we got the tactics done (those who were unfamiliar with 'basic' raiding mechanics) and I really do hope they'll do this to more bosses in the future. But, they should not make entire raids like this, some bosses has to be faceroll, seeing that it is LFR after all.
    Given the fact that there's a determination buff, no, bosses don't need to be faceroll at all.

Wipes are a great way to weed out the pussies in any given group, so there actually needs to be more of them.

It'll be fine in a week or two. Every time a new LFR wing comes out, one of the bosses is like this. Horridon gave groups trouble, Tortos (bats) was tough, Ji-kun a little too. IMO, Durumu was more of a nightmare than Lei Shen even.

killed him with 3 or 4 toons

never more then 3 trys :x

i think the fight is fine

15+ Year Old Account
    Killed lei shen 4 times this week on different toons, each time my group had a minimum 5 stack determination before he died. The most stacks I saw were 7. I must have bad luck or am queueing at the wrong times. And I don't leave raids to re-queue, I tough it out because the next queue could always be worse than the one I'm in.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Killed lei shen 4 times this week on different toons, each time my group had a minimum 5 stack determination before he died. The most stacks I saw were 7. I must have bad luck or am queueing at the wrong times. And I don't leave raids to re-queue, I tough it out because the next queue could always be worse than the one I'm in.
    This all seems fine to me. If people can't handle wiping SEVEN times then I don't think even Raiding jr. is for them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing that annoyed me more this past weekend was the trash before Lei Shen. I had two groups where it was an absolute mess. People decided to ignore them and run in order to teleport to Lei Shin's platform. Then we wiped and had to run the gauntlet again. Lots of people died and in the end it was just me as a Holy Priest trying to get past them, which of course I couldn't do without being one shot. So I just left.

The actual fight itself isn't too bad. The thing that wiped the groups the most I was in was Static Shock and the adds spawning. I tried to be a proactive player by stacking for them, but when only three people are there, you all die.

And with regards to the Determination buff, it is not a lack of damage and healing that is screwing these fights up (including Durumu), it is a failure of the mechanics by the group. I can see why Blizzard implemented it (in order to stop groups constantly falling apart) but I still see people leaving after 1-2 wipes and then the wait in queue begins again. This is especially harsh if it is a tank who goes. We waited over 15mins yesterday for a tank to join us at Dark Animus.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest issue I had to deal with was trying to convince people to stand in the swirl effects for catching the lightning balls. We had 10 stacks of Determination and still wiped an additional 7 times before 3 of the 4 pillar groups actually bothered to keep the adds from spawning. The ones that did spawn we were able to handle.

Honestly, the bouncing ball thing should be limited to the one area and I think that would resolve a lot of problems, especially since that ground effect can literally appear anywhere on the platform, even well out of the way of where people are standing, especially if you're supposed to be grouped up to soak static shock.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I did this a few days ago, we took 8 tries to get it and it was the most fun I'd had in LFR in a long time. Completely opposite Durumu where you can end up fighting the graphics screen settings, this is ALL player skill and awareness. Durumu is just a cheap "can you see the maze? OK, run in it and avoid the Beam of One Shotness, oh you can't see the maze, too bad" fight. In contrast, all of the stuff on Lei Shen is easy to see and deal with but there's a lot of it and it's all a bit different. Balls of lightning? Stack and AOE. Static Shock? Stack and mitigate damage. Bouncing Balls? Stack and soak them so adds don't spawn from bounce points. Other stuff? Spread out! It's REALLY nicely done. And no Static Shock does not need nerfing - stack up. Yes, it's counter-intuitive for people who don't raid a lot but it's no different that Tayak, etc where you stack to spread damage among several people. This is just fine as it is.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    The biggest issue I had to deal with was trying to convince people to stand in the swirl effects for catching the lightning balls. We had 10 stacks of Determination and still wiped an additional 7 times before 3 of the 4 pillar groups actually bothered to keep the adds from spawning. The ones that did spawn we were able to handle.

Honestly, the bouncing ball thing should be limited to the one area and I think that would resolve a lot of problems, especially since that ground effect can literally appear anywhere on the platform, even well out of the way of where people are standing, especially if you're supposed to be grouped up to soak static shock.
    No, it doesn't need limiting. If people cannot or will not follow directions, they SHOULD WIPE. Even in LFR. At some point, the fight mechanics need to be followed or you might as well not have them.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-04-22 at 10:02 PM.

Finally got into a fresh run today. Upon completing the first two bosses, literally 19 people immediately quit, leaving only 6 people left in the raid. I think that indicates an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Finally got into a fresh run today. Upon completing the first two bosses, literally 19 people immediately quit, leaving only 6 people left in the raid. I think that indicates an issue.
    Yeah, not getting their epics handed to them. It's not a problem with Lei Shen, it's a problem with the community not willing to actually press shift-J and read.

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    Yeah, not getting their epics handed to them. It's not a problem with Lei Shen, it's a problem with the community not willing to actually press shift-J and read.
    This sort of argument is fundamentally wrong. Game design issues are NEVER the fault of the players (as a collective). If the game design is such that the community malfunctions, the game designers have screwed up.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Pretty sad they nerf LFR because they don't like that "casuals" wipe like maybe 3-4 time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    Or they actually cleared the 3rd boss for the week and have no desire to sit through 5+ wipes to get 50 valor or none at all.

Lei-Shen: Where standing in some things kills you and not standing in some things kills you. o.o