Poll: do they need it

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

no meta for demon hunters

im tired of people saying meta is required.

vote whether or not they need it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Did this really need an entirely new thread?
    You couldn't post in one of the dozens of "Demon Hunters should/should not be a new class"?

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Did this really need an entirely new thread?
    You couldn't post in one of the dozens of "Demon Hunters should/should not be a new class"?
    i needed to make a poll so people would shut up about it
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    ..surely warlocks are just a different kind of demon hunter?

'enslave demon' sounds a lot like 'tame beast' to me.
    demon hunters dont enslave demons and tame them, they absorb their powers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    demon hunters dont enslave demons and tame them, they absorb their powers
    What?

Enslave Demon
    5.0% of base mana 30 yd range
    3 sec cast
    Requires Warlock
    Requires level 31
    Enslaves the target demon, forcing it to do your bidding. Lasts up to 5 min.
    And they also have Demonic Pets and Minions.

Where is the "Demon Hunters shouldn't be a class" option?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What?

And they also have Demonic Pets and Minions.
    warlocks arent demon hunters

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmatism View Post
    Where is the "Demon Hunters shouldn't be a class" option?
    probably the option that says you dont want demon hunters....

Someone doesn't understand what a Demon hunter is.... or is trolling either way, no. Demon Hunters need metamorphosis, it is their iconic spell and honestly warlocks should have never had it.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Warlock and DH are comparable to Priest and Paladin. They use the exact same source of power but fight differently. Illidan is actually better at Warlock's things than most Warlocks lol.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Someone doesn't understand what a Demon hunter is.... or is trolling either way, no. Demon Hunters need metamorphosis, it is their iconic spell and honestly warlocks should have never had it.
    Yes, there's someone who don't really understand and don't try to understand no matter how I try to explain.

Sac your demon, take glyph of demon hunting and you pretty much have a demon hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Sac your demon, take glyph of demon hunting and you pretty much have a demon hunter.
    no /10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Misread your post.

However, its important to note that Warlocks also absorb the powers of Demons as well.

Quote Originally Posted by catbeef View Post
    ..surely warlocks are just a different kind of demon hunter?

'enslave demon' sounds a lot like 'tame beast' to me.
    I'd say that Demon hunters more like a specialized version of warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they would definitely need to have it; it's the defining feature of the class, and gives the class its visual identity alongside the blindfolds, glaives and tattoos. Assuming that they might not always have those items, metamorphosis allows them to maintain their identity in the absence of their glaives or tattoos.

Warlocks canonically learned the skill by replicating Illidan's ability, so it'd be a little weird if Warlocks kept the ability but the class they learned it from lost it. They should both have the ability, though Demon Hunters should be more heavily build around it and have a different visual.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I'd say that Demon hunters more like a specialized version of warlock.
    no, they are more like a rogue who imbues his swords with demonic magic. demon hunters are nothing like warlocks

no, they are more like a rogue who imbues his swords with demonic magic. demon hunters are nothing like warlocks
    That's like saying Paladin is nothing like Priest though. DH is more similar to warlock than they are to warrior/rogue.

Demon Hunters should have a Metamorphosis, but it doesn't have to be like the warlock version and I see no reason why both classes couldn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    That's like saying Paladin is nothing like Priest though. DH is more similar to warlock than they are to warrior/rogue.
    Demon Hunters are fighters, not spellcasters. They use magic but it's not their main focus.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 02:10 PM ----------

probably the option that says you dont want demon hunters....
    dude he's teriz.. him and talen dragged the 5 resons thread to page 71 coz they are stubborn in their ways... give up on him already, maybe if we ignore him he'll go away

Deleted
    Just give it up, some people will not understand it.

no /10chars
    Why? What makes demon hunters different from a demon hunting warlock with GOS besides dual wield?