Poll: do they need it

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Demon Hunters can have Meta, just make it a bit different from Warlocks. Have the secondary resource of demonic energy and let certain abilities drain that with the hunter turning a little more demonic the more energy they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres only 1 demon hunter ingame who uses meta who wasnt taught by illidan, and also most demon hunters dont actually take demons into themselves, they put demons into a blade to perform the blinding ritual and turn their essence into fel flames so they can see with spectral light.

the tattoos/engravings nd their glaives arent typically empowered by demons themselves, and most demon hunters dont go around drinking power all the time like illidan and his followers because they dont want to BECOME demons they want to fight demons, they just believe that walking the tightrope that is empowering their bodies and swords with demonic and chaos magic is the best way to do so

also i fail to see what you mean by "we turn into a purple thing because we are the players"

why would blizzard not have them use the purple one and instead give them a unique one?
    The tatoos do what Illidans tatoos do but to a lesser extend; act as power amplifiers. Though obtained in different ways to Illidan, they perform the same function.
    I would argue that Demon Hunters do take demons into themselves. All demonhunters in game we've encountered so far go demonform and at least one has lost control of the demonic essence within him.
    Leotheras the Blind.
    Throughout the fight he makes repeated comments regarding his control over the demon within him and eventually it breaks free of his control, acting independently and up to the point of breaking out, will make comments about having freedom from his imprisonment whenever he shifts into demon form.
    Why does this happen to him? Because he lost control. It is mentioned during the shadowmoon quest chains that of the 5 blood elves that could have been master hunters, 3 died, 1 succeeded, and the training broke the sanity of the 5th. That fifth is leotheras, jailed in SSC as an example of a demonhunter who cannot control the demon he took into himself.

As for the players looking similar
    The source of player metamorphosis comes from this guy
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Kanrethad
    He is a warlock who was there canonically at the time of illidan's demise and was the one who figured out metamorphosis and taught it to all the other master warlocks and the knowledge desiminated from there. Why do player demonforms look the same? Beause it's a spell to transform into one.
    When Henry Ford invented the car, he put 4 wheels on it and a general body shape and it stayed like that for a long time. Only recently did it start to show some deviation in body shape; but regardless of superfical changes, it's still a car.
    Demon form is new, most warlocks know the basic apotheosis spell to become a demon (at least temporarily) and there hasn't been much time to experiment or make new forms as the current one is powerful enough. They're using a spell; a template. They're not hunting down a demon to absorb which would result in a unique demon form.

Also; how can there only be one demon hunter with meta not trained by Illidan? What about the 3 master demon hunters on the ata'mal terrace? They've been around for a while and Illidan was imprisoned during their training.
    Last edited by Akairos; 2013-04-24 at 10:57 PM.

how? metamorphosis would be the equivalent of army of the dead or summon gargoyle for death knights.

are you saying if they removed those spells you wouldnt play a death knight?

i honestly wonder what the hell goes through some peoples minds. do you look at a demon hunter and just see purple all the time?
    Metamorphosis is a bit more iconic for Demon Hunters than those spells are for DKs.

I wonder what goes through your head. You claim you like Demon Hunters, but your ideas for implementing them are terrible. People who want Demon Hunters want the WC3 hero, not some half-assed lazy version.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Metamorphosis is a bit more iconic for Demon Hunters than those spells are for DKs.

I wonder what goes through your head. You claim you like Demon Hunters, but your ideas for implementing them are terrible. People who want Demon Hunters want the WC3 hero, not some half-assed lazy version.
    i want this

not some purple pseudo nathrezim wannabe
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I don't think the class will metamorphose into night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Akairos View Post
    I don't think the class will metamorphose into night elves.
    thats a blood elf picture, and out of all the races blood elf and night elf make the most sense
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

thats a blood elf picture, and out of all the races blood elf and night elf make the most sense
    It's a night elf. Purple skin and the ears slant back. Blood elves point up.

It's a night elf. Purple skin and the ears slant back. Blood elves point up.
    the guy who made it says its a blood elf, the skin is white its just dark

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Why? What makes demon hunters different from a demon hunting warlock with GOS besides dual wield?
    Well for one, in Warcraft the Demon Hunter class is iconic to the Night Elven race. There are no Night Elf Warlocks.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

the guy who made it says its a blood elf, the skin is white its just dark
    Must have drawn the ears wrong then. Artistic error.

Also. No rebuttal to my demon hunters taking demons into themselves?

Must have drawn the ears wrong then. Artistic error.

Also. No rebuttal to my demon hunters taking demons into themselves?
    leo was insane and was even banished by illidan who was insane himself. no other demon hunters seem to have demons inside them.

its also possible that wasnt actually a demon inside leo either, he might just be a sociopath with multiple personalities
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-04-24 at 11:43 PM.

leo was insane and was even banished by illidan who was insane himself. no other demon hunters seem to have demons inside them.

its also possible that wasnt actually a demon inside leo either, he might just be a sociopath with multiple personalities
    Now you're just grasping.

Now you're just grasping.
    how is it grasping?

the only one known to have a demon inside him is insane, leo IS insane thats his lore, its not out of the reach of possibility that he just has multiple personality disorder.

no other demon hunter talks about having a demon inside them, none of them even hint at it except for one mentally insane person

i want this

not some purple pseudo nathrezim wannabe
    Here's the problem; Classes are meant to be broad versions of the WC3 hero units. Also classes are supposed to be more powerful versions of NPCs.

It would make no sense for NPC Demon Hunters to be more powerful than player Demon Hunters. It would also make nonsense for Warlocks to have meta, and not Demon Hunters.

Here's the problem; Classes are meant to be broad versions of the WC3 hero units. Also classes are supposed to be more powerful versions of NPCs.

It would make no sense for NPC Demon Hunters to be more powerful than player Demon Hunters. It would also make nonsense for Warlocks to have meta, and not Demon Hunters.
    are you saying that our mages are more powerful than jaina? or that our shamans are more powerful than thrall, or that our death knights are more powerful than the lich king? or that our warlocks are more powerful than gul'dan?

i dont mind if its a broad version of the warcraft 3 version, in fact its impossible for it not to be considering the heroes in warcraft 3 only had 4 abilities but considering demon hunters existed for 10,000 years with no interaction with illidan besides fairy tails and legends about what he did in the war of the ancients theres no reason to assume a playable version requires what the small handful trained directly by illidan have.

im not saying they shouldnt have meta or that it would be bad, in fact id rather they did have meta, im just saying it isnt required and the people saying things like they wouldnt be demon hunters without it are overtly exaggerating

are you saying that our mages are more powerful than jaina? or that our shamans are more powerful than thrall, or that our death knights are more powerful than the lich king? or that our warlocks are more powerful than gul'dan?
    Eventually yes. Player Warlocks at max level are more powerful than Illidan, and can solo him with relative ease. If a DH class was ever implemented, they would be able to solo Illidan as well. Player Death Knights at Max level are more powerful than the lich king as well.

i dont mind if its a broad version of the warcraft 3 version, in fact its impossible for it not to be considering the heroes in warcraft 3 only had 4 abilities but considering demon hunters existed for 10,000 years with no interaction with illidan besides fairy tails and legends about what he did in the war of the ancients theres no reason to assume a playable version requires what the small handful trained directly by illidan have.

im not saying they shouldnt have meta or that it would be bad, in fact id rather they did have meta, im just saying it isnt required and the people saying things like they wouldnt be demon hunters without it are overtly exaggerating
    Again, it just wouldn't make sense. Of course DH as a playable class doesn't make much sense either.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is with all these currently active threads about Demon Hunters? Did I miss something? Were they officially announced?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    What the hell is with all these currently active threads about Demon Hunters? Did I miss something? Were they officially announced?
    Nah, just a lot of Illidan fanboys.

Deleted
    how? metamorphosis would be the equivalent of army of the dead or summon gargoyle for death knights.

are you saying if they removed those spells you wouldnt play a death knight?

i honestly wonder what the hell goes through some peoples minds. do you look at a demon hunter and just see purple all the time?
    I think most people, including myself, see Illidan when they think of a Demon Hunter. I agree that if a whole new Demon Hunter class did not have Metamorphosis it would probably not be worth it. Metamorphosis is much more for Demon Hunters than Army of the Dead is to Death Knights, Arthas didn't even have that ability in WC3. And yes, the abilities they had in WC3 matters a real lot, that's where everyone remember the "hero classes" from.

That said, there can easily be two Demon forms in the game for as long as they have different names and purposes. Warlocks form can simply be renamed to Demon Form, and Demon Hunters pick up Metamorphosis which looks different.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 08:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Considering all the speculation of the next expansion being BC 2.0, it's really not that strange.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 08:25 AM ----------

Eventually yes. Player Warlocks at max level are more powerful than Illidan, and can solo him with relative ease. If a DH class was ever implemented, they would be able to solo Illidan as well. Player Death Knights at Max level are more powerful than the lich king as well.
    Ehm, that's only because this is a game which has levels in it... Lore wise there are no levels in that sense, lore wise our characters don't stand a chance against Illidan alone.

If we were to believe the game, we would be able to have five thousand level one bandits continuously stabbing us with swords and daggers and not even notice it. Don't use levels as an argument of how strong our characters are, they are just a number for people to think they become stronger, and a reason for people to redo what they always do every expansion.

There is a reason all essential npc's such as guards and the like level up with us every expansion, it's not because they have worked out and become stronger.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2013-04-25 at 06:27 AM.

I vote close the dumb thread
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP