Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    North Western England, Furness Peninsulas

Azure Water Strider - Why doesn't this mount have insect wings?

Azure Water Strider - Why doesn't this mount have insect wings? With an insect buzzing sound and fast moving animation?

This should be some sort of new feature whereby we can evolve our mounts much like we currently do with pets and their levels but with more focus on the upgrading of mounts, new armor and cool animations.

/420Thoughts
    "You have no idea what you don't know."

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Cause a real one doesn't....

Blizzard wants people to use any of the mounts they have, and not feel obligated to use one that is better than others. Of course, I would love the ability to upgrade certain ground mounts to be flying as well, and I think being able to upgrade the Water Strider to have wings and allow it to fly in zones that allow it would be awesome.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Cause a real one doesn't....
    [IMG]http://www.fcps.edu/islandcreekes/ecology/Insects/Common%20Water%20Strider/waterstrider.jpg[/IM]
    Pretty much sums it up.

Though I wouldn't mind being able to make my Zulian Tiger or warlock demon horses fly.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

"'Cause the real one doesn't..." is a pretty bad reason to not be able to upgrade them!

The real ones can't be ridden by humans either.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god that a terrifying image. I forgot what they were based off IRL.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Oh god that a terrifying image. I forgot what they were based off IRL.
    Yeah, I definitely wouldn't ride a giant sized one in real life. That's for sure.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Because why have every mount be a flying mount? What makes these mounts what they are is the fact they are ground and water mounts. Adding the ability for them to fly would just be stupid and unnecessary since we already have plenty of flying mounts.
    Last edited by TheAmazingFeedz; 2013-04-21 at 03:25 AM.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    "'Cause the real one doesn't..." is a pretty bad reason to not be able to upgrade them!

The real ones can't be ridden by humans either.
    Sorry what mount can we upgrade currently? And I have no idea what the OP is talking about you can't upgrade your pets either.

Not all bugs have wings. lol

Deleted
    Sorry what mount can we upgrade currently? And I have no idea what the OP is talking about you can't upgrade your pets either.
    You can upgrade the quality of your pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    You can upgrade the quality of your pets.
    Yes but does that change their look or grant them new abilities?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    No your right it doesn't i may have gone off on a bit of a tangent there but you understand what i mean.

That's why i put the /420Thoughts tag at the bottom of my post so you would understand this is Stoner Logic and therefore in need of amendments by those who are a tad more compos mentus than me at the moment.

---------- Post added 2013-04-21 at 04:36 AM ----------

Just planting seeds...

I think there was a rumor once that they toyed around with the idea of making the Scarab Lord mount, a mount that changes forms depending on the zone. The flying model was a wasp. I think it'd be cool if they did that for some mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    OP never said it did.

What he said was, and I quote, "we can evolve our mounts much like we currently do with pets and their levels"

"like we do with pets and their levels"

Like (preposition): similar to
    we (pronoun): used by a speaker to refer to himself and one or more other people considered together
    do (verb): perform
    with (preposition): accompanied by
    pets (noun): http://www.wowhead.com/petspecies
    and (conjunction): used to connect to words of the same part of speech, clauses, or sentances that are to be taken jointly
    their (adjective): belonging to or associated with the people or things previously mentioned (in this case, the pets)
    levels (noun): a position on a real or imaginary scale of amount, quantity, extent, or quality

So, using basic reading comprehension, we can surmise that he means he wants to be able to upgrade mounts like how we can upgrade our pets levels.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 10:39 PM ----------

There are none, that's why the OP is saying he wants to be able to...

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    Because why have every mount be a flying mount? What makes these mounts what they are is the fact they are ground and water mounts. Adding the ability for them to fly would just be stupid and unnecessary since we already have plenty of flying mounts.
    "Having an additional option that in no way affects (positively or negatively) anyone but the rider is unnecessary and stupid."

Why have different mounts at all then? Why not just have 3. 1 Wolf for Horde, 1 Horse for Alliance, 1 Dragon for both?

I'd also like to note that the OP (or myself) never said he wanted EVERY mount to be up-gradable, just ones where it makes sense.
    Last edited by Boogums; 2013-04-21 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    OP never said it did.

What he said was, and I quote, "we can evolve our mounts much like we currently do with pets and their levels"

"like we do with pets and their levels"

Like (preposition): similar to
    we (pronoun): used by a speaker to refer to himself and one or more other people considered together
    do (verb): perform
    with (preposition): accompanied by
    pets (noun): http://www.wowhead.com/petspecies
    and (conjunction): used to connect to words of the same part of speech, clauses, or sentances that are to be taken jointly
    their (adjective): belonging to or associated with the people or things previously mentioned (in this case, the pets)
    levels (noun): a position on a real or imaginary scale of amount, quantity, extent, or quality

So, using basic reading comprehension, we can surmise that he means he wants to be able to upgrade mounts like how we can upgrade our pets levels.

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 10:39 PM ----------

There are none, that's why the OP is saying he wants to be able to...

---------- Post added 2013-04-20 at 10:43 PM ----------

"Having an additional option that in no way affects (positively or negatively) anyone but the rider is unnecessary and stupid."

Why have different mounts at all then? Why not just have 3. 1 Wolf for Horde, 1 Horse for Alliance, 1 Dragon for both?

I'd also like to note that the OP (or myself) never said he wanted EVERY mount to be up-gradable, just ones where it makes sense.
    Dude, you deffinatly cleared that up for everyone here and myself, i can only thank you for putting it into words...fucking 10 out of 10

But what the OP is suggesting is not like being able to upgrade battle pet quality. That's a ridiculous analogy to make.

If he had just suggested having the mount be able to fly or a new similar mount being able to fly then sure, but upgrading mounts just sounds quite ridiculous. Surely we have enough flying cats and horses.

I don't particularly like the sound of this mount idea either.

One mount covering all. I'm already sick of using the water strider when restricted to the ground but I'll continue to do so because it has that slight convenience edge over other mounts.

Can you imagine the sound it would make with rapid wings buzzing constantly. The water strider already has one the more annoying running sounds.

And the suggestion of upgrading mounts to add armour wouldn't work out too well. It would result in developer time being spent on adding various armour to every(?) mount that exists in game which could instead be used to make newer more appealing mounts.

I quite like the model the way it is already and don't know how I feel about having an upgrade able version of any of them.. whole concept just sounds a bit silly to me.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy View Post
    But what the OP is suggesting is not like being able to upgrade battle pet quality. That's a ridiculous analogy to make.
    OP never said anything about pet battle quality. That's something someone else said and you're assuming it's what the OP meant

I'd rather have different colors of the mount, personally. I think the model and functionality are fine.

Dunno how I feel about "evolving" mounts, though.
    Last edited by Puffman; 2013-04-21 at 04:32 AM.