Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

#Acherus DK Events

We've received a lot of positive feedback on the roundtable discussion, and we had a lot of fun putting it together, so we're planning more events. I'll be keeping both this post and the post on EJ up to date with our progression.

What is #Acherus?
    An IRC chat channel where a large portion of death knight theorycrafters, raiders, addon authors, and guide-writers spend time discussing death knights and working on the cutting edge of theorycrafting. It's a place where we test out new addons, get feedback on guides and math before we present them here, and have a good time.

Upcoming Events:
    More information on events will be posted as it becomes available.

This Saturday, on August 23rd, #Acherus will be conducting a roundtable discussion, where we discuss the state of Death Knights on the Warlords of Draenor Beta!

The event will begin at 2 pm EST (11 am PDT), and will be streamed Live at: http://www.twitch.tv/AcherusDK

Our panelists will include:

-Magdalena of <Something Wicked> US-Whisperwind
    -Ketsuki of <Static> US-Arthas
    -Mendenbarr of <Midwinter> US-Sargeras
    -Reniat of <Whatever We’re Awesome> US-Magtheridon

We also have two very special guests joining us!

-Jayos of <Midwinter> US-Sargeras
    -Qelric of <Decimate> EU-Argent Dawn

Some of discussion topics include:

-Covering present mechanical changes in the WoD Beta
    -Talent/Glyph discussion
    -Personal opinions/experiences of the class on Beta
    -Number tuning.
    -Impressions of other WoD changes from a Death Knight perspective.

We will also have a Q&A session where stream viewers can submit questions about our thoughts on subjects relevant to what’s already been discussed.

Beta Keys!

We have multiple WoD Beta keys to give out, and will be doing so over the course of the stream. Be sure to tune in and listen closely for key giveaways!

Q&A submission:

We have several ways for you to field questions to us.

-Use the stream chat on the day of the event. Keep in mind it will be moderated.

-Tweet Ketsuki with the hashtag: #AcherusQ&A

-Post your questions on the #Acherus facebook page (don’t forget to Like us!): https://www.facebook.com/pages/Acher...60579180652914

We look forward to seeing everyone in attendance!

Past Events:

Blizzcon Discussion/Q&A

Magdalena, Vereesa, Reniat, and myself will be will be discussing the changes that happened at blizzcon, the lv 100 dk talents, and the change to raid modes and the entire gearing paradigm. This will be less DK focused than the previous roundtables, but will still be very relevant to dks.

It will be, as usual, followed by a Q&A in case we've missed any questions over the past few, or if you wanted to ask a question related to the discussion and hear separate opinions instead of just mine.

Date: Saturday 16th November 2pm EST/New York

US ally 25 dk raid
    "Alliance friends, we're happy to announce that Round Two of #Acherus takes on MSV is finally here!

Join us for a special raiding event where you can raid with members of #Acherus - the premier DK Community in WoW, featuring the founder of #Acherus, Magdalena, and Jayos from Midwinter!*

Unfortunately at this time, #Acherus was unable to secure an EU Alliance Death Knight special guest for this event. If YOU are an Alliance Death Knight from the EU and would like to post your own all-DK MSV clear, please do so and let me know the link in the comment section! We will highlight your raid so that others may sign up.

This is a Death Knight only event - you must be a Death Knight to sign up. You MUST add your Death Knight to OpenRaid and sign up on that character.

Date: Saturday 24 August 8pm EDT/New York

Read Me: Full MSV Clear Experience + iLvl of at least 510+ is required for this event. Higher iLvls will be given stronger consideration.

You can sign up at OpenRaid - #OR Event: DK MSV w/#Acherus for the US version

This event is a collaboration between the members of #acherus, and the wonderful staff over at openraid. We hope to go in, kill bosses, and have some fun! After the event, we'll be having a Q&A for any dk/wow related questions. If anyone is interested in raid leading an alliance version of this event for the EU, please PM me.

US/EU 25 dk raid/Q&A

"Join us for a special raiding event where you can raid with members of #Acherus - the premier DK Community in WoW, featuring the amazing Raegwynsolo (EU only) plus moderators from Elitist Jerks and Icy Veins!

This is a Death Knight only event - you must be a Death Knight to sign up. You MUST add your Death Knight to OpenRaid and sign up on that character.

Date: Saturday 13 July
    EU: 8pm CEST/Paris
    US: 8pm EDT/New York

All players who sign up for the event will be left at Not Approved until 72 hours before the Event, and then Approvals/Reserves will be completed randomly for those that qualify. Full MSV Clear Experience + iLvl of 510+ is requested for this event.

Please note: At this time we are only able to offer this event to EU Horde and US Horde due to the factions of our special guests. We are hoping that this event will encourage Alliance members of #Acherus from the EU and US to step up and get involved for a Round Two!"

You can sign up at http://openraid.us/events/view/112050 for the US version
    You can sign up at http://openraid.eu/events/view/112098 for the EU version

This event is a collaboration between the members of #acherus, the wonderful staff over at openraid, and some of the staff behind icy veins. We hope to go in, kill bosses, and have some fun! After the event, we'll be having a Q&A for any dk/wow related questions. We'd still like to host an alliance version, but for some strange reason, all of our raid leaders seem to be horde. If anyone is interested in raid leading an alliance version of this event, please PM me.

5.3 Q&A 5/25/13
    After the success of the first #Acherus roundtable discussion, we’re pleased to announce our second major event: A Q&A session with #Acherus members on our Twitch Livestream, answering the community’s questions about Death Knights!

We will begin the event by having a 15-20 minute discussion about the 5.3 changes for Death Knights, including the reversion of some of the Unholy nerfs. Following this, we will move on to the main event: The Q&A session.

We aim for this to be an opportunity where the community can ask questions about Death Knights to some skilled players and theorycrafters that tend to shape most of the discourse surrounding the class. These can include:

-Thoughts on the overall state and design of the class
    -Playstyle questions for each spec
    -Raid and Challenge Mode specific tips

We plan to stream our Q&A Live on Saturday, the 25th of May at 3 pm EST. Those that miss the initial broadcast will be able to watch a recorded version once the event has concluded.

You’ll be able to access the stream here: www.twitch.tv/mendenbarr

We have several ways for you to field questions to us:

-Use the stream chat on the day of the event. Keep in mind it will be heavily monitored.
    -Tweet Magdalena with the #AcherusQ&A hashtag: @MagdalenaDK for general, frost, and unholy questions.
    -Tweet Reniat with the #AcherusQ&A hastag: @ReniatDK for blood questions.
    -Post your questions on the #Acherus facebook page (don’t forget to Like us!): https://www.facebook.com/pages/Acher...60579180652914

Roundtable discussion and Q&A 4/27/13

The discussion is over and can be found:
    The discussion: http://www.twitch.tv/mendenbarr/b/396485146

Q&A session: http://www.twitch.tv/mendenbarr/b/396518149

#Acherus (The Death Knight theorycrafting IRC room) is hosting a roundtable discussion to talk about the current state of affairs for dks. The discussion will take place as a mumble conversation, while being live-streamed to twitch.tv, where a VOD will remain for anyone who misses the original airing.

This will take place on Saturday, April 27th, at 3 PM EST, and will last about an hour. It will be followed by a Q&A with the twitch chatroom.

Guests:

Matron Heartless
    Author and maintainer of the EJ unholy guide since 4.1
    Named Timmy the ghoul

Magdalena
    Current owner of the #Acherus theorycrafting channel
    Blogs at Son of a Lich
    Currently writes BiS lists for unholy on EJ.
    Namer of festerblight and gary the gargoyle

Mendenbarr
    Maintainer of the Frost and advanced tactics thread on EJ
    DK dev of simulationcraft
    Consultant to icy veins frost and unholy guides
    "Creator" of festerblight

Reniat
    Maintainer of the blood tank guide on MMOC
    Consultant to icy veins for the blood guide.
    Active theory-crafter on EJ.

Vyoh
    Core Raider and 3rd tank in Scrubbusters, getting the world 8th Lei Shen kill, and the world 15th Ra-Den kill.
    Raider and GM of Numen for 6 years.

List of topics:

Spec balance between unholy, festerblight, 2-hand frost, and DW frost.
    Specs on a fight by fight basis
    Avoidance vs. accuracy for blood
    Changing stat weights in different situations and simulationcraft
    Gemming strength vs. gemming secondary stats.
    Hit/Expertise rating and how it's too damn high.
    Festerblight
    Successful changes for DKs in 5.0-5.2 and what could still use improvement
    2-hand vs. DW frost (should the choice dicate performance, playstyle, both, or neither?)
    Blood raid utility and damage with high and low vengeance, compared to other tanks.

Favorite dk ability
    Favorite transmog gear
    Best DK mounts
    Soloing old content
    Fun uses for Control Undead and Dark Sim
    What is one ability from our class's past that you would want back?

This is taking a fair bit of work to put together, and the more people that can benefit from it the more worthwhile it will be. So spread the word! The only benefit we'll be getting from this roundtable will be the chance at learning something new, and being able to (hopefully) help people.

The stream will be viewable at http://www.twitch.tv/mendenbarr, and should start on Saturday, April 27th, at 3 PM EST.
    Last edited by Mendenbarr; 2014-08-22 at 11:39 PM.
    <Midwinter> - 14/14 HM -25m - LF exceptional raiders
    http://www.mwguild.net/
    DK Theorycrafting/Game Dev Blog
    DK Gear/log reviews/audits

Deleted
    Sounds awesome...

That makes it 8PM (I think) for any UK based people that want to attend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendenbarr View Post
    ???Mystery Guest???
    The last guest will be announced the day before the event.
    List of topics:

Favorite dk ability
    Favorite transmog gear
    Best DK mounts
    Soloing old content
    Fun uses for Control Undead and Dark Sim
    What is one ability from our class's past that you would want back?
    ... Mione is the special mystery guest?

Deleted
    Wonder who "The Mystery Guest" could be :P

Favorite dk ability

HBHBHBHBHB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    That's what I thought as well..
    Anyways, I'll be looking forward to either seeing this live or the VOD

Also for the people who suck at timezones, 3pm EST is 9pm CET, or 8pm GMT.

record it please, will be on tour that time and would be nice to listen it later!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Favorite dk ability

HBHBHBHBHB
    hellyeah man

Deleted
    can you get ji-kun to drop me hc tf trinket pls.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure epic maths skills don't equate to getting blizz to break the game just for you. Maybe it's just me...

Deleted
    Totally looking forward to it!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Owner and founder of the #Acherus theorycrafting channel for nearly 2 years.
    *COUGH*

Sadly I will be preoccupied and unable to join in on this one, it's a good lineup though. Hope it goes well.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    *COUGH*

Sadly I will be preoccupied and unable to join in on this one, it's a good lineup though. Hope it goes well.

My bad! Fixed mag's note.

Wtb Consider as special guest. xD
    It's could've and would've. Not could of and would of. Not sure when "of" started meaning "have," but everyone who thinks it does needs to go back to school.

Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Wtb Consider as special guest. xD
    It would be entertaining to get someone like Greg Street in there - but the likelihood of that is slim to none.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    LOL that's what I thought too. I'm a huge fan of hers.

I can't tell you who the guest IS until the day before the event, but I can tell you who it is NOT.
    And it is not Mione or Consider. Or Greg Street.

Heroic mode only, "optional" guest.

Edit: And no, it's not Ra-den. Leave the poor Fallen Keeper alone!
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

"Mystery guest? Oh I know, it HAS to be Ghostcrawler, right? Totally has to be."

I can't tell you who the guest IS until the day before the event, but I can tell you who it is NOT.
    And it is not Mione or Consider.
    Okay, it's definitely Ghostcrawler. Definitely!

Or Greg Street.
    (

Deleted
    this should be interesting.