What has changed in MoP?

Recently I've been reminiscing on my WoW days and want to start playing again, i havent played since cataclysm, when I did play I mostly PvP'd... Now I want to return to WoW, but before I return i would like to know what mop changed....

Like whats, PvP power, Whats the god class, Whos the best healer now?.... Things like that if you can add to this that would be great......

ALSO, If somebody can send me an SoR or something that'd be great just PM me or something...

Thanks all!

The game has turned into utter shit. Class balance is a joke. Blizzard isn't taking it very seriously.

You have Hunters being overpowered as hell last season. They were "fixed", and now they're still globaling people through tons of resilience. Blizzard has absolutely NO clue whatoever how to balance this game for PvP. After fourteen or-so seasons, it's something you have to accept.

Whatever happens though, Tauren will always be epic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    The game has turned into utter shit. Class balance is a joke. Blizzard isn't taking it very seriously.

You have Hunters being overpowered as hell last season. They were "fixed", and now they're still globaling people through tons of resilience. Blizzard has absolutely NO clue whatoever how to balance this game for PvP. After fourteen or-so seasons, it's something you have to accept.

Class balance is probably better than it ever was, if you think that game is worse now than it was before you are dead wrong, and have only nostalgic feelings.

Also if you think Blizzard isn't taking balance seriously again, you are wrong. It's not good marketing move to have op classes, and if nothing you can believe that Blizzard wants to make money.

Hunters are hardly globaling anymore with trinket change, they are bit op, but changes are happening so much rapidly that in the past. You should read some ptr notes, or hotfixes if you think blizzard doesn't know what they are doing. Wow is still the most populated mmo for a reason.

Why all this hate lol, I still don't get it why can't just people talk in constructive way, without biased opinions. If you think past wow was better its just nostalgia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much CC with too many short cooldowns

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Class balance is probably better than it ever was
    hahaha oh man

No.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    hahaha oh man

No.
    I used word "probably" for a reason. I would avoid something like "No", in regards to mmos if I were you.

Maybe you should elaborate on what was the most balanced season than, if you are all knowing, because "No" will not give OP or anyone else, any useful information. Soo, too much cc with too many short cooldowns, ehm well I don't see that many differences from last seasons. And if that is your argument for your opinion that it is not balanced, than again you should elaborate. Please post something useful.
    Last edited by mmoc84af5ad5d2; 2013-04-21 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Too much CC with too many short cooldowns.
    i think this is the only really glaring issue with pvp in MoP. otherwise, the rest comes down to class balancing, which has been sorting itself out. my take on the classes at high end pvp:

1. all the healers are in a good spot. you'll find holy pallys, resto druids, resto shamans and disc priests all at the top rankings. the best its been in many seasons.
    2. rogues, mages and shadow priests are a little overtuned. they've been hit with the nerfbat some so we'll see.
    3. warriors, hunters, dk's, locks, ferals are where everyone should be.
    4. rets are very close, but need the right comps. boomkins could use a tiny bit more love.
    5. enh and ele shammy's are left in the cold again.

**monks** -everyone is still learning the monk class and blizzard is still doing lots of fine tuning. monk healing is rare in top end pvp, probably cause of learning curve. WW seems to be the best spec for pvp atm, but again, people are still learning the class.

-pvp power- a new stat. increases your damage done and healing done.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    i think this is the only really glaring issue with pvp in MoP. otherwise, the rest comes down to class balancing, which has been sorting itself out. my take on the classes at high end pvp:

1. all the healers are in a good spot. you'll find holy pallys, resto druids, resto shamans and disc priests all at the top rankings. the best its been in many seasons.
    2. rogues, mages and shadow priests are a little overtuned. they've been hit with the nerfbat some so we'll see.
    3. warriors, hunters, dk's, locks, ferals are where everyone should be.
    4. rets are very close, but need the right comps. boomkins could use a tiny bit more love.
    5. enh and ele shammy's are left in the cold again.

**monks** -everyone is still learning the monk class and blizzard is still doing lots of fine tuning. monk healing is rare in top end pvp, probably cause of learning curve. WW seems to be the best spec for pvp atm, but again, people are still learning the class.

-pvp power- a new stat. increases your damage done and healing done.
    I'd say nerf hunter,dk,mage+rogues dmg with 10% and its all good, they are just destroying at the moment.
    Example dk shouldnt needed this huge dmg buffs in 5.2, instead they could just give them bit better defensives.

PvP power is suppose to be a stat that makes you hit harder and healing more effective. Since most pvp gear was lacking in stats they implemented pvp power to try and balance it out. It's still getting tweaked though and since resil is about to be baseline and all this other gear scaling changes up coming we really aren't gonna know how big of a change this is going to be. Blizzard is trying to give a even playing field in pvp but the problems with too much cc and in some specs too much damage is pretty frustrating so far.

God Class? I mean there are a handful of good classes. Hunter / Lock / Mage are probably the best ranged although spriest isn't that far behind. For Melee dk and rogues are pretty nasty atm. Warriors and Monk would prolly be the next behind those.
    For healers they are all solid.

In Mop, Well everything changed. I can't explain it because I'm sure there will be a handful of angry trolls waiting to disagree. I'll just say that in my opinion (excluding 3s) that Mop is the best xpac overall. No pvp isn't perfect, but there are a lot of things to do in this xpac. Just my opinion though

Deleted
    Overall I feel it's fairly balanced (gearing up never has been so bad but will be fixed in patch 5.3). Hunters are still overpowered but yeah, it's something else than warrior all the time!

15+ Year Old Account
    just use ur free week that u probably have sitting in ur mail and try it out urself. No one in here is giving u any accurate info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post

Hunters still globaling? How about no? They got fixed. Hunters are nowhere near op after the last hotfix.

The only class being strong are rogues atm. Beside that that shit seems balanced

So, in top 10 are several classes in 3 on 3:

Priest: 10 (4 new shadows, 1 new disc)
    Druid: 8 (Every spec now presentive!)
    Hunter: 5 (still hardly overpowered I see!)
    Shaman: 7 (two new restos)
    Rogue: 3
    Mage: 5
    Warrior: 2
    Warlock: 1

So in the top 10 teams there are 8 of 11 classes presented. Not, like last season, one class being in every team from 1 to 10.

And lets look further up to place 20:

Priest: 5 (all disc, best healer this season it seems)
    Druid: 3 (One Resto, two ferals)
    Hunter: 3 (oh, hardly overpowered I see)
    Shaman: 5 (3 Ele, 2 Resto)
    Rogue: 3 (nothing changed, even the "godmode rogues")
    Mage: 7
    Warrior: 2
    Warlock: 3 (Demo and Destro)
    Paladin: 4 (3 Rets)
    DK: 2
    Monk: 1

Every class presentive in the top 20. Monks seems weak, DKs too, sure, but after that?

Because you may be playing 2 on 2 or you may be simply bad, this season is not imbalanced.
    All you guys do is cry. Show some facts and prove this season is heavily imbalanced. Or better, try some other games and see what imbalanced really means

Class balance is fine, but they sacrificed the fun to achieve that class balance. Because they simply made everybody overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Class balance is fine, but they sacrificed the fun to achieve that class balance. Because they simply made everybody overpowered.
    ... what?

Quote Originally Posted by byDash
    Tell me what healer/damage dealing classes are fotm so i can faceroll glad
    a) rogues are good
    b) hunters are great
    c) shamans are great as always
    d) druids are f***ing annoying, so go ahead and try that
    e) mages of course, they're always awesome to play and are always on the top of the ladder, if you have the skill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Class balance is probably better than it ever was, if you think that game is worse now than it was before you are dead wrong, and have only nostalgic feelings.

Also if you think Blizzard isn't taking balance seriously again, you are wrong. It's not good marketing move to have op classes, and if nothing you can believe that Blizzard wants to make money.

Hunters are hardly globaling anymore with trinket change, they are bit op, but changes are happening so much rapidly that in the past. You should read some ptr notes, or hotfixes if you think blizzard doesn't know what they are doing. Wow is still the most populated mmo for a reason.

Why all this hate lol, I still don't get it why can't just people talk in constructive way, without biased opinions. If you think past wow was better its just nostalgia.
    I hope you're joking, PvP balance is the worst it's ever been. To say that after Cataclysm is saying something as well.

It's worth giving a try because I'm still having fun with a mate, but it's a pain to gear up as you get destroyed constantly. Give it a go and see what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by ROllingBOnes View Post
    ... what?

a) rogues are good
    b) hunters are great
    c) shamans are great as always
    d) druids are f***ing annoying, so go ahead and try that
    e) mages of course, they're always awesome to play and are always on the top of the ladder, if you have the skill
    Why are you so surprised? Almost every spec ofc except tanks have a viable comp and can work +2400 at least. This doesn't mean that pvp balance is fine, pvp is so boring and full of unavoidable overpowered stuff right now.

My take on some specs:
    RShammy is great as always but needs good peels since they can no longer link while silenced. Totem restoration talent let's you use Tremor totem to break fears very frequently. You have a stun totem with a charge time that you can pair with frozen power (frost shock roots in place) or earthgrab totem to stun someone. Only problem is that totem usually gets stomped by good players, I like to stomp it with Holy Fire since it's instant cast. Nature's Guardian is a free Battlemaster that procs itself at low health. Unleashed Fury talent at 90 paired with earth shield on the target as well can result in ridiculously huge heals that are sure to make people rage at your spec. Earth shield comes off with one dispel though which I think it didn't before MoP? Not sure. I only picked it up after MoP started when I disliked how much HPally changed.

Disc is finally viable again (hasn't been since start of MoP) but still has quite a few disadvantages compared to Cata. They're extremely hard to kill though. I was playing Twin Peaks a couple days ago and the game timed out 0-0 even with myself at 10 stacks holding the flag. Though I did switch to Inner Fire glyph and had Symbiosis. (Cyclone spam is every bit as fun as you Druids make it look.) If you enjoy 2s you'll be sad to hear you no longer have baseline Mind Control which was ridiculously fun to use as a CC and as bait for interrupts. Your crit heals don't heal for double. If you heal for 100 and crit for 200 on another class, you heal for 100 and put a 100 divine aegis shield on your target as Disc. It's not completely terrible if the person you're trying to keep from dying has self healing (Second Wind for example). If the target is in execute range or you begin to eat a CC chain it's really terrible. Penance has a glyph to be castable while moving which is nice for countering death grip. Mana Burn is gone but as I was a Holy Paladin for most of Cata, I don't miss it. I think it was ridiculously OP in 2s. You get an ability at 87 with a 6 minute cooldown that swaps your health % with your target. It will be a 5 minute cooldown in 5.3 (except for Shadow, it will be 10). If your target has less than 25% health, your health will be 25% when you use it.

Holy Paladin was really popular last patch, not so much this patch. I hear a lot of talk of how bad it is now on AJ forums. Personally don't like the spec since MoP hit. Daybreak does something entirely different and will not be used in PvP. Infusion doesn't work on Flash. Forced word of glory crits no longer possible. GotAK works differently. Aura Mastery is 3 minute CD (up from 2). Mana costs increased. Divine Favor 3 minute CD (up from 2). Avenging Wrath 3 minute CD but I don't mind since it can't be dispelled/stolen anymore. Beacon of Light unlimited duration and undispellable. Blessed Life nerfed to a glyph with a ridiculous ICD. 5 Holy Power now but spells only use up to 3 at a time. Denounce talent from Cata is now a spell called Denounce that is spammable and still makes target unable to crit. Your mastery is very strong now that there is a mastery buff in game which is also exclusive to Paladins and Shaman. Though sadly Paladins' is dispellable and none of Shamans' buffs are... even though GC said he doesn't like undispellable buffs. Your mastery is 12% baseline but will be nerfed to 10% in 5.3. It's very fun in random BGs when you're playing defense to stack a full mastery shield on you and 2-3 other people on defense with you and watch enemy openers do nothing to their health. You can spec into a 30 second HoT tacked on to your word of glory that makes maintaining the mastery shield VERY easy since it refreshes it every tick.

RDruid doesn't seem as popular as it was before battle fatigue was raised but still seems strong. If you play RDruid with a Mage teammate you can cast your new spell "Symbiosis" on him and get Ice Block for your own use. It's pretty nice I imagine. I don't play Druid.

Mistweaver Monk seems to be very strong right now. It has ridiculously strong burst healing but is the Paladin of MoP from what I understand. In that it eats CC chains very well if your team can coordinate. It supposedly ooms easily I hear people say but I guess I've only seen good Misterweavers. They have a passive that I can imagine makes every mediocre Frost Mage rage when they detonate a Frost Bomb in the first 2 seconds of Deep Freeze. It's called Dematerialize. Has a 10 second ICD and makes them immune to damage or makes everything miss or something like that for 2 seconds after being stunned. They have an incredibly strong CC called Paralysis. It's ranged with a 15 second (I think) cooldown. It's undispellable and can be glyphed to remove DoTs on the target. I don't play Mistweaver ... yet.
    Last edited by Auspice; 2013-04-22 at 12:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    just use ur free week that u probably have sitting in ur mail and try it out urself. No one in here is giving u any accurate info.
    Actually, I think that "too many ccs with short (or no) cooldowns" is a perfect description of the game right now

everyone is untouchable unless you're basically going to global them

it's really ridiculous

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I hope you're joking, PvP balance is the worst it's ever been. To say that after Cataclysm is saying something as well.
    If you say this, you are essentially saying that this is the worst season ever. I don't know how can someone, who was on this forum for so long, say something like that. Do you really think that this is the most unbalanced season ever? Even though the class distribution is probably best ever?
    Vanilla no comment. Every season in tbc was worse that's for sure. Wotlk dk, BL zerk comps, etc. Cata well it had it's ups, but definitely more downs.

It's arguable, but saying something like you did, it's just plain wrong for so many reasons. You really have no idea what's going on.

Class balance isn't too bad.

The problem is PVP as a whole is broken - Huge burst, instant spammable CC flying around, Huge gear disparity that lasts for 2 seasons, etc