Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    The Horde Rebellion IS an internal matter. The war against Garrosh in a broader sense is not though.
    I agree with this.

The Alliance see Garrosh as the leader of the machine that is smashing them, as a lifelong enemy, he must be stopped. Status quo.

The Horde see Garrosh as a hot headed youngster who has alienated everyone around him and they need to remove him. Enter a rebellion.

To me, Vol'Jin, Baine, and Lor'themar should never even consider the Alliance for assistance, as they are the hated enemy and if you let them in, you are jeopardizing your own people. The "enemy of my enemy is my friend" does not work here.

On the flip side, the Alliance would be foolish not to capitalize on the inner turmoil. Offer some assistance, weapons etc, just try not to offer personnel. Let your enemy fight amongst themselves, kill themselves and when the rebellion jumps off, prepare to strike.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Time and time again, I see people pointing out that that horde rebelion is "Interlal matter". Why do they say that? It is clearly not.
    how is it not?
    Is Garrosh not the Warchief of the Horde? Are Horde not killing other Horde?
    Sounds like an internal conflict
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    The rebellion sort of is an internal matter, though the war against Garrosh is not.

What I wanted to see was Alliance ... something. What I mean is that we're told the Alliance have been preparing forces to assault Orgrimmar for some time... ok, where are they? Because I can't see them anywhere.

So, even if we gave stuff to Vol'jin, we should have also gotten 4 quests:
    1. You are sent by Varian to Darnassus to ask for help debarking near Durotar.
    2. You are then sent to Ironforge to ask the gnomes for some of those infra-green devices for the boats and for some steam tanks to help protect the camp from the dwarves.
    3. You return to Stormwind, and are sent in this covert operation with known members of the 7th Legion on a human ship with night elven archers and some druids, human footmen and two steam tanks on it. It's cloaked.
    4. You land at Tiregarde Keep, see orcs appeared there, the small band of adventurers attacks them with you. The area phases with night elven druids having grown some walls around the camp from some shrub-like plants to conceal stuff, archers sit on towers, footmen around the gates and one steam tank at each gate. Then and only then you're sent with the mechano-cat and to help Vol'jin later. Also the commander of the 7th legion says that you might need to go to the other races to ask for their help soon as well (hinting to the trials of the High King for draenei, worgen and gnomes).
    How much could it have taken them to implement something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    how is it not?
    Ok, who is Garrosh killing? Horde and Alliance. Garrosh is not only your internal matter. The rebellion might be, but taking down Garrosh is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Ok, who is Garrosh killing? Horde and Alliance. Garrosh is not only your internal matter. The rebellion might be, but taking down Garrosh is not.
    True. But Dreknar never said it was, only that there is an internal conflict.

Anyway, of course the horde rebellion is an internal matter, otherwise it wouldn't be a rebellion. That external forces are aiding the rebellion doesn't change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main is a troll shaman. I've been waiting four years to kill Garrosh after what he did to Vol'jin, my favorite character.

I understand why Vol'jin seeks alliance assistance, but I still feel that it should be the Horde that deal the final blow. Preferably Vol'jin, delivering on his promise to kill Garrosh when he leasts expects it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    the whole point of the rebellion is to oust Garrosh
    Just because the Alliance have a similar goal dsnt change that
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Can anyone tell me when we will see the next quarters subscribers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone with a bit of a rational mind will NEVER say disposing of Garrosh is anything but an internal Horde matter..

Theramore.. Attempting to kill Wrynn Jr. Etc etc etc..
    Yes yes, it's horrible.. Buhu.. But that's how war is.. But that doesn't give alliance any claim to the killing blow of Garrosh.. If they manage to win the Horde-Alliance war some day, they can court marshall him, but that's about it...

Caging trolls... Assasinating Caine.. More or less turning goblins into slaves.. Not standing by Belfs when Jaina went insane...
    All this is unexcusable acts of treason, murder and human(oid) trafficing.. For this, every Horde race have claims tothe killing blow of Garrosh..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-04-22 at 09:39 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    how is it not?
    Read the whole post and you might understand, instead on focusing on the first line.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Anyone with a bit of a rational mind will NEVER say disposing of Garrosh is anything but an internal Horde matter..

Yes yes, it's horrible.. Buhu.. But that's how war is.. But that doesn't give alliance any claim to the killing blow of Garrosh.. If they manage to win the Horde-Alliance war some day, they can court marshall him, but that's about it...

Caging trolls... Assasinating Caine.. More or less turning goblins into slaves.. Not standing by Belfs when Jaina went insane...
    All this is unexcusable acts of treason, murder and human(oid) trafficing.. For this, every Horde race have claims tothe killing blow of Garrosh..
    Killing the enemy is war aswell. And Garrosh is one of the biggest if not the biggest enemies of the alliance now.
    This isnt about who has the right to kill Garrosh. Right now, everyone has the right to kill him. This is about why the heck the alliance arent doing anything except helping the trolls in a minor way.

Consider this: why would we even want to remove Garrosh at this time?

Of course, he will have to go eventually. But right now, he's occupied with a full-scale uprising in his own backyard. And the longer the rebellion drags on, the more weakened the Horde will be when it's finally over, regardless of who wins.

Maxim 29: "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less." Just because Garrosh happens to be in charge of the Horde at the moment doesn't mean it won't be a threat anymore once he's gone. We should be trying to slay the hydra, not chop off its current head just for it to grow a new one.

lol, assassinating Cairne? I assume you mean Vol'jin right?

The Horde has plenty reason to want to kill him. But the Alliance vendetta against Garrosh is both longer, starting in Cataclysm, and bloodier. An entire nation, men women and children, driven from their homes? Multiple attempts to do the same to the Nelfs? Wiping Theramore off the map? No, sorry this rebellion that's starting just now doesn't eclipse the Alliance's grievances with the orc.

People say that having the Alliance kill him would make the Horde seem impotent. Well guess what, same can be said for allliance.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's internal because Alliance aren't rebelling against anyone Garrosh was never their warchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the whole post and you might understand, instead on focusing on the first line.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 10:57 AM ----------

Killing the enemy is war aswell. And Garrosh is one of the biggest if not the biggest enemies of the alliance now.
    This isnt about who has the right to kill Garrosh. Right now, everyone has the right to kill him. This is about why the heck the alliance arent doing anything except helping the trolls in a minor way.
    They can TRY, yes... You can TRY almost anything in a war.. However, this doesn't mean you have a CLAIM ON THE KILL..
    Alliance can send in gnomes with bombs, or deseased worgen toattemt to kill Garrosh... Be my guest..

However, when (no, I don't mean if) Horde kills him first, Alliance IS NOT CHEATED of the kill, as it wasn't theirs to begin with..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Fairchild View Post
    The Alliance? The guys that are there only so that we have stuff to kill? I am confused
    People could say the same thing about the horde... idk what you thought you were contributing with this ignorant statement.

This is about why the heck the alliance arent doing anything except helping the trolls in a minor way.
    Because major army logistics make for exceedingly boring gameplay and are therefore not shown to us?

The Alliance has many reasons to hate Garrosh.
    But Garrosh is a Horde leader, opposed by the Horde, oppressing the Horde, and as such, the Horde's rebellion against Garrosh is both a fight for freedom as well as redemption. That's what makes it an internal matter.

If Wrynn would go all fascist on the Alliance, attacking Horde with a frothing mouth while making life miserable for the greater part of the Alliance, the Alliance should get its justice. Sure, the Horde would help (it's in their interest too, after all), but the Alliance should have the right to both avenge and redeem themselves. Well; replace 'Alliance' with 'Horde' (and vice versa) and 'Wrynn' with 'Garrosh' and there we have it. The only real difference is that Wrynn seems to have found a brain somewhere along the road, whereas Garrosh has started filling that tiny skull of his with rotting rice.

Deleted
    They can TRY, yes... You can TRY almost anything in a war.. However, this doesn't mean you have a CLAIM ON THE KILL..
    Alliance can send in gnomes with bombs, or deseased worgen toattemt to kill Garrosh... Be my guest..

However, when (no, I don't mean if) Horde kills him first, Alliance IS NOT CHEATED of the kill, as it wasn't theirs to begin with..
    This thread isnt about WHO kills garrosh at all. I dont even know why you are bringing this up. I dont care who kills him. And honestly, players will kill him, or the Sha of Pride will kill him, consuming him, and the players will have to fight the Sha instead. Who cares anyway?

Yet, in the Alliance questline in Durotar that concerns that rebellion, we meet 2 spies and a mechanical cat in a cloak-field. Jaina and Varian are not heard of, they seem like they dont care much about what is happening.
    Part of the reason Jaina isn't there, and to a lesser extent Varian is made present already in the game. The thing is most people choose to ignore it because they expect things to be done the way they want. Jaina I would assume isn't there very much like how Lor'themar isn't.

On the Horde side after you do the quest line and everything Vol'jin mentions that Lor'themar would probably be more than willing to help but he is currently tied up dealing with the Thunder King forces. To us the Thunder King is dead as we've personally killed him ourselves, but within game lore I think he's still considered "alive" for the moment and his forces are starting to dwindle. Using this logic the same could be said about Jaina as she is on the very same Isle herself dealing with the same issue and this explains why she isn't present. She isn't going to spread her forces thinly on the Isle and on the rebellion.

Now, onto why Varian isn't there (and this is what I think just because of the events transpiring within the scenario/Lorewalker's intro) is that while he isn't there himself he is out actually rallying the troops up. As we saw in the Blood in the Snow scenario he is helping the dwarves get rid of the trolls in hopes that they will help send troops to join them with the rebellion. Only one leader agrees, but he takes what he can at the moment and tries to help her (no idea what her name is offhand) so that it could help pave way for the other two to be convinced. Just because something is a scenario in game and happened before we go to the quest line doesn't mean necessarily that the event has happened in the lore, it just means it either has happened or currently ongoing. I would assume after he tries to convince the dwarves he would try to convince the gnomes (as I don't think the Night Elves need convincing? Or maybe they do?).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deamon002 View Post
    Consider this: why would we even want to remove Garrosh at this time?

Of course, he will have to go eventually. But right now, he's occupied with a full-scale uprising in his own backyard. And the longer the rebellion drags on, the more weakened the Horde will be when it's finally over, regardless of who wins.

Maxim 29: "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less." Just because Garrosh happens to be in charge of the Horde at the moment doesn't mean it won't be a threat anymore once he's gone. We should be trying to slay the hydra, not chop off its current head just for it to grow a new one.
    Cause in his backyard he might be constructing something monstrous made out of sha and if the Alliance lets it continue for too long, they might pay for it with their very lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivva View Post
    Okay argument aside here's why: Because it should be a strictly internal affair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    The Horde Rebellion IS an internal matter.
    For two factions practically at war the other's internal matters are their matters. This goes for politics in general as well. It is naive to expect that countries don't have their fingers in business that isn't their own. You would be surprised by all the things happening behind the scenes.

The whole rebellion is a massive factor to the Alliance power struggle.