Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What are the titans, why do they want to bring order in the universe?

I was thinking, titans went to countless worlds and seeded them... but how? Well, they used some machines and build some facilities... but what if we're getting all this wrong?

What is the titans are just aliens whose technology is surpassing that of any race so much that we think of them as creators of worlds and whatnot. In the end, they created the Well of Eternity... but used machines to create everything? Why not use magic? Because they can't. But wait... we can use magic, right? And we were given magic by them, since they planted the ley lines and the Well of Eternity and all that, right? Well... if I plant an internet cable under you and you access the internet on your phone, do you have internet powers or are you just using a device to tap into the cables I put there for you? So what if the Well of Eternity was just radioactive waste and that's why it gave powers, they were actually mutations that made the races able to adapt and absorb radiation?

So I present you a different angle, I want you to think on it. Titans are just a race that achieved inter-planetary travel. They go from world to world planting facilities and using robots (Mirmiron and all the mecha-gnomes are robots in the end) and creations made out of metal and stone (like earthen, iron dwarves, iron vrykul etc) to protect said facilities from foreign intrusion from native races and continue the research.
    But one leader decided why should he fall in with the rest when he can be God to some races after being sent to subdue him. This is Sargeras, and he was in fact the commander of the armed forces and didn't want to fall in line with the bureaucrats. This explains why the other titans couldn't defeat him, it's hard to remake an army from scratch when the other guy had it and either it's on his side or he destroyed it. So then Sargeras decides to form his own state and uses his primitive races that call him God and sent them to conquer the worlds of the titans.

What if, right now, this is not a battle between the "good" titans and the "bad" titan, but rather a civil war in the titan society where one leader didn't agree with the rest and thus decided to go and overrule the others?

Furthermore, what if most of the races of Azeroth weren't put there intentionally? I mean, excluding gnomes, dwarves, humans etc, which were put there with a purpose, what if the other ones were actually experiments, as in, the titans had their civil war with nuclear-like weapons, and many of their core planets are now radioactive, and they tried to create specimens that can stand and even use the radiation so that they can later use the mutations on them later? And in fact right now they're studying us like scientists are studying animals in a zoo trying to figure out how to get the benefits of our mutations... but they can't come and retake some of us for studies since... the Legion is attacking us and Sargeras is stopping them, since he wants the same?!

It all makes sense now. Most races on Azeroth are just some titan lab experiment made possible through radioactive material. Titans are just some super techy race fighting a civil war. We're all animals in a zoo.

the titans want to bring order to the universe because they are pricks.

leave the universe alone, you titanic pieces of smelly metal!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going with the 'they emerged from the beginning of the universe' dealy - they originated at the start of creation and coalesced into their current giant forms of living metal. Their power blends all the forces of the universe together, meaning they use magic as well as natural principles - hence their technology being powered by magic. They saw the original chaos of creation order itself into matter and become stars and worlds, so they seek to bring about order as a way of life.

They are opposed to the Old Gods, who are creatures of infinite chaos that want to corrupt and rule everything in rotten madness forever. They may have been fighting with the Old Gods since their dawn.

I see Sargeras as a titan who has seen the worst of his people's failures - worlds that they tried to nurture destroyed by corruption of the Old Gods, or falling to abuse of dark magic. He's seen systems that the titans put into place to maintain order fail - the Ered'ruin race that was created to police dark magic failed and became destructive demons, which Sargeras was directed to capture and imprison. Who knows how many of the demon races throughout the universe are similar titan creations that became evil? Sargeras' entire purpose may have been to clean up the worst of the titans mistakes.

Sargeras saw the corruption of the Old Gods on one hand and the failing vision of titan order on the other, and instead chose a third path - the true order of utter annihilation. Destroy everything, and you'll have ultimate peace - there will be no chaos because there will be no living thing to cause chaos. His Burning Crusade bears this out - the worlds they leave behind are empty, burned out husks, totally lifeless - even the Old Gods never sought destruction that complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I was thinking, titans went to countless worlds and seeded them... but how? Well, they used some machines and build some facilities... but what if we're getting all this wrong?

What is the titans are just aliens whose technology is surpassing that of any race so much that we think of them as creators of worlds and whatnot. In the end, they created the Well of Eternity... but used machines to create everything? Why not use magic? Because they can't. But wait... we can use magic, right? And we were given magic by them, since they planted the ley lines and the Well of Eternity and all that, right? Well... if I plant an internet cable under you and you access the internet on your phone, do you have internet powers or are you just using a device to tap into the cables I put there for you? So what if the Well of Eternity was just radioactive waste and that's why it gave powers, they were actually mutations that made the races able to adapt and absorb radiation?

So I present you a different angle, I want you to think on it. Titans are just a race that achieved inter-planetary travel. They go from world to world planting facilities and using robots (Mirmiron and all the mecha-gnomes are robots in the end) and creations made out of metal and stone (like earthen, iron dwarves, iron vrykul etc) to protect said facilities from foreign intrusion from native races and continue the research.
    But one leader decided why should he fall in with the rest when he can be God to some races after being sent to subdue him. This is Sargeras, and he was in fact the commander of the armed forces and didn't want to fall in line with the bureaucrats. This explains why the other titans couldn't defeat him, it's hard to remake an army from scratch when the other guy had it and either it's on his side or he destroyed it. So then Sargeras decides to form his own state and uses his primitive races that call him God and sent them to conquer the worlds of the titans.

What if, right now, this is not a battle between the "good" titans and the "bad" titan, but rather a civil war in the titan society where one leader didn't agree with the rest and thus decided to go and overrule the others?

Furthermore, what if most of the races of Azeroth weren't put there intentionally? I mean, excluding gnomes, dwarves, humans etc, which were put there with a purpose, what if the other ones were actually experiments, as in, the titans had their civil war with nuclear-like weapons, and many of their core planets are now radioactive, and they tried to create specimens that can stand and even use the radiation so that they can later use the mutations on them later? And in fact right now they're studying us like scientists are studying animals in a zoo trying to figure out how to get the benefits of our mutations... but they can't come and retake some of us for studies since... the Legion is attacking us and Sargeras is stopping them, since he wants the same?!

It all makes sense now. Most races on Azeroth are just some titan lab experiment made possible through radioactive material. Titans are just some super techy race fighting a civil war. We're all animals in a zoo.
    the legendary questline implies that the titans themselves are creations and not living beings
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the legendary questline implies that the titans themselves are creations and not living beings
    What does the quest say? Because Wrathion could not know. It's like us humans talking about god.

And why can't titans use magic? I thought they don't want to, because magic corrupts everything. So they use technology and runes to "use magic without corruption". But I may be a little outdated there.
    Last edited by Hubbl3; 2013-04-21 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    What does the quest say? Because Wrathion could not know. It's like us humans talking about god.
    wrathion recieves a vision and something speaks through himn saying "we must rebuild the final titan do not forget"

however i havent completed the questline yet on live so im not 100% sure this made it from the ptr
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    And why can't titans use magic? I thought they don't want to, because magic corrupts everything. So they use technology and runes to "use magic without corruption". But I may be a little outdated there.
    If magic corrupts, why would they have made the Well of Eternity?

So one of the logical conclusions is that they didn't know how to use magic like we do, and the Well of Eternity was just some random random material they didn't know what to do with, radioactive waste from the creation process or something.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aman'thul at least looks like he can use magic on http://i.imgur.com/ogPgg0M.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Titan's are race of space assholes who simply don't understand where they aren't welcome. After they created they ideology They were so filled with bullshit that they started to choke on it. In order to survive they decided to spread that bullshit all over uniwerse making all other races life shittier "for greater good".

So one of the logical conclusions is that they didn't know how to use magic like we do, and the Well of Eternity was just some random random material they didn't know what to do with, radioactive waste from the creation process or something.
    "Norgannon is the titan lore keeper and master-magician. He is also known as "The Dreamweaver" and "Keeper of Celestial Magics and Lore."
    "Norgannon granted the blue dragon, Malygos, a portion of his vast power. From then on, Malygos would be known as the Spell-Weaver, the guardian of magic and hidden arcanum.[2] He also gave Malygos the map to Azeroth's ley lines, known as the Arcanomicon."

I think that Norgannon knows very well, how magic works. The reason they planted the Well of Eternity is, that this powersource is needed to power life itself on azeroth. And the titans knew of the corrupting nature of magic, because they invented and used a different system to access magic, the runes.

"Those who master runes, then, seek to duplicate those patterns in smaller forms; their runes manifest magical power that is arcane in nature, but purely benign and non-corrupting."

Which is used by most of the titans constructs as well.

And when the titans are also created by some greater power we will have the same problem as now with the titans... "where does the greater power comes from, what are it's plans..." etc. I really hope, that Blizz does not go for the "we have a omnipotent, omniscient, eternal god" approach in Warcraft. One of the reasons Warcraft is so appealing is, that everything has it flaws, even the most powerful beings. :S

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that Norgannon knows very well, how magic works. The reason they planted the Well of Eternity is, that this powersource is needed to power life itself on azeroth.
    Why is it needed on azeroth, yet not outland? Trolls and other races had life before the titan arrival.
    And when the titans are also created by some greater power we will have the same problem as now with the titans... "where does the greater power comes from, what are it's plans..." etc. I really hope, that Blizz does not go for the "we have a omnipotent, omniscient, eternal god" approach in Warcraft. One of the reasons Warcraft is so appealing is, that everything has it flaws, even the most powerful beings. :S
    It's turtles all the way down!

Deleted

''The lake, which they named the Well of Eternity, was to be the fount of life for the world. Its potent energies would nurture the bones of the world and empower life to take root in the land's rich soil. Over time, plants, trees, monsters, and creatures of every kind began to thrive on the primordial continent. As twilight fell on the final day of their labors, the Titans named the continent Kalimdor: "land of eternal starlight".''

When you said seeding the planet I just imagine one of the titans gripping the earth as tight as possible and just going to town until the planet is "seeded"
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    You start off with a very interesting way of looking at what the Titans are up to, but this part confused me a bit:
    Aren't those things kinda the same? When a civil war breaks out, the winner makes the losers look like the bad guys, because the winners write history. I recently woke up so my brain may not be in it's top form for thinking, but I'm not sure what you're getting at with the quoted part. We know that Sargeras was the Champion of the Pantheon and that he now wants to destroy what he helped build, presumably he wants to kill off the Pantheon as well.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Why is it needed on azeroth, yet not outland? Trolls and other races had life before the titan arrival.

It's turtles all the way down!
    I thought the well was there to help life flourish while the Old Gods were trying to suck the planet dry.... As far as I'm away old gods only exist on Azeroth, though I could be and probably am wrong.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

15+ Year Old Account
    One of my theories are that the titans died, that is why ra-den stopped ordering the mogu, no one was ordering ra-den, hence ra-den gets depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    I thought the well was there to help life flourish while the Old Gods were trying to suck the planet dry.... As far as I'm away old gods only exist on Azeroth, though I could be and probably am wrong.
    There are old gods in the outlands.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yea the arakkoa worship them, and the qiraji in Aractraz says "we span the universe, as countless as the stars!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    One of my theories are that the titans died, that is why ra-den stopped ordering the mogu, no one was ordering ra-den, hence ra-den gets depressed.
    I had similar thoughts about Ra-den and from Wrathion's voice files, it makes me think something as gone to shit with the Titans.

Indeed, Blizzard confirmed that the thing that looked like C'thun that the Arrakoa in Shadowmoon tried to summon was an Old God, hence looking like C'thun.

---------- Post added 2013-04-22 at 07:19 AM ----------

Yea the arakkoa worship them, and the qiraji in Aractraz says "we span the universe, as countless as the stars!"
    Interesting, so even though the Old Gods seem to loathe each other and only want to smash everything around them.. they know that there are others like them on other planets, without ever leaving the planet? I wonder exactly how much they know of planets outside their own.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Aman'thul at least looks like he can use magic on http://i.imgur.com/ogPgg0M.jpg
    If I took an electric cable and held it in my hand (from the safe part and shot electricity and went back to stone age, would they think I can use magic? Again, if he could use magic, why did they have to build all those machines the size of zones. Just look in Storm Peaks, all the engines inside mountains.

"Norgannon is the titan lore keeper and master-magician. He is also known as "The Dreamweaver" and "Keeper of Celestial Magics and Lore."
    "Norgannon granted the blue dragon, Malygos, a portion of his vast power. From then on, Malygos would be known as the Spell-Weaver, the guardian of magic and hidden arcanum.[2] He also gave Malygos the map to Azeroth's ley lines, known as the Arcanomicon."

I think that Norgannon knows very well, how magic works. The reason they planted the Well of Eternity is, that this powersource is needed to power life itself on azeroth. And the titans knew of the corrupting nature of magic, because they invented and used a different system to access magic, the runes.

"Those who master runes, then, seek to duplicate those patterns in smaller forms; their runes manifest magical power that is arcane in nature, but purely benign and non-corrupting."

Which is used by most of the titans constructs as well.

But if you're in stone age, and I come to you and give you a lighter, did I give you mastery over fire? The magic of creating fire?
    And then I put some lighter fuel and say "hey, you can use that" to fill your magic powers.

And what types of magic corrupt? I mean, ok, fel magic corrupts, and arcane is addictive, but what about druidism? shamanism? light magic?

Also, there already is a Goddess in WoW, she's called Elune. She didn't create everything though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    And what types of magic corrupt? I mean, ok, fel magic corrupts, and arcane is addictive, but what about druidism? shamanism? light magic?
    IIRC the only arcane magic that's benign is runic, divine magic (druidism, light) doesn't corrupt.