Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Does mastery increase the damage deal by the diseases; would be good to do mastery>haste>crit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjrco View Post
    Does mastery increase the damage deal by the diseases; would be good to do mastery>haste>crit ?
    Mastery for Frost would increase Frost Fever. Mastery for Unholy increases Blood Plague. Even then though for fester if you look on the front page its Crit>Mastery>Haste (I go by realism sims which include movement and AMS soaking)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyjrco View Post
    Yes, mastery increases blood plague damage. But so does crit, and crit increases all other sources of damage (outside of meta gem procs).

Anyone else have an issue where Festering Strike stops converting your Blood/Frost runes into Death Runes?

It seems somehow attached to the Icy Touch death rune bug, which happens when I'm soloing a lot and trying to just tag long-range targets for one-shots in old content.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Nope, haven't had that issue, though I don't have issue with IT either...

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Anyone else have an issue where Festering Strike stops converting your Blood/Frost runes into Death Runes?

It seems somehow attached to the Icy Touch death rune bug, which happens when I'm soloing a lot and trying to just tag long-range targets for one-shots in old content.
    It might just be your rune addon bugging, happened to me a while back, it showed B/F, but I actually had D runes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious if there is a DPS ranking value for FB trinkets. It is my understanding that the basic list is H:Feather->Feather->H:Rage->SPA->Rage with feather being almost necessary in the one slot, but I'm curious as to the value of, say, h:rage compared to SPA.

H Rage is risky but can be superior. At 4 stacks it gives 1400 less strength but more ~1k more crit.

So if you get it stacked to 5 and apply your diseases, it is superior to SPA in almost every regard.

If you don't, well, it depends on what you got it stacked to. At 4 stacks it is probably superior since it is a better trinket outside of disease application. At 3 stacks or less the gap shrinks further to the point where it just becomes mathy.

For all intents in purposes however, I would use H: Rage because I'm ok with the risk/reward of slightly stronger/weaker diseases depending on the proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that reforging out of crit into haste?

Essentially I'm getting to the point where I *think* I can transition from stacking haste to moving some haste into crit, but I don't know UH FB as well as I do warriors, and sims are so messy with haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Is that reforging out of crit into haste?

Essentially I'm getting to the point where I *think* I can transition from stacking haste to moving some haste into crit, but I don't know UH FB as well as I do warriors, and sims are so messy with haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    for fester if you look on the front page its Crit>Mastery>Haste (I go by realism sims which include movement and AMS soaking)
    Thats the stats for realism sims on fester stats

Deleted
    Has anyone tried running Gaze and Feather in raids? Currently using H Feather / SPA, but coined this the other night so just hoping to get some feedback on whether it is actually worthwhile to give H Gaze a go with the Feather - how often you see it at 3 stacks etc.

Anyone know of a calculator for stats that can reforge around four caps? Trying to get close to Hit/Expertise caps and then cap Haste at 9.5k and get at least 10k Crit rating, but I can't find a calculator who can manage more then three caps at once.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know of a calculator for stats that can reforge around four caps? Trying to get close to Hit/Expertise caps and then cap Haste at 9.5k and get at least 10k Crit rating, but I can't find a calculator who can manage more then three caps at once.
    Can't you do that with reforgelite? set it to limits and reforge?

Deleted
    Askmrrobot works for that.

It will automatically get close to hit/exp caps (you can force it to hit 7.5% via options if you want). Click "edit weights" and put "9500" in as the haste cap. It will hit 9500 and then do the rest as crit. Have done a similar thing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Can't you do that with reforgelite? set it to limits and reforge?
    Reforgelite only can handle two caps in it's programming, and those are hit/expertise. I'll try that with AMR though, Vmagik. Thanks!
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    So is 9500 the 'haste cap'? I'm almost at 12000, dumping 2k~ would yield an increase? (I know, sim for yourself, my comp can't rly handle anything outside of basic dps simming, it takes way too long)

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    So is 9500 the 'haste cap'? I'm almost at 12000, dumping 2k~ would yield an increase? (I know, sim for yourself, my comp can't rly handle anything outside of basic dps simming, it takes way too long)
    No, but I'm sitting at around 9668 haste right now, and it's a pretty comfortable rotation even during bloodlust/frenzy; so I figure I can start emptying into crit once I scale my gear up more.

I might take it to 10k but really, the rune speed is fine for me where it is, so I figure I might as well work more disease damage via crit.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a known or assumed haste cap (breakpoint where Crit and Mastery surpass it)? I'm looking for a number. I would love to be able to find out for myself, but like I said, running plots on sim craft takes entirely too long. I'm at 11950, I assume that's reasonably far past. Although everything feels extremely smooth, very little downtime, if at all. Bloodlust and Unholy Frenzy just don't feel like they do much. Everything is on farm so it really doesn't even matter anymore, and I expect with the new CD reduction trinket it changes things even more (more AMS, Unholy Frenzy, and ERW's) and maybe even the 14% flat increase to our secondary stats replaces Feather. Any help would be appreciated tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Is there a known or assumed haste cap (breakpoint where Crit and Mastery surpass it)?
    no.
    there is no haste cap.
    if you're playing festerblight lots of people reforge out of haste to crit and mastery.

Exactly who are these "lots of people" that reforge away from haste?