Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFlame View Post
    I'm wondering how traditional might go, with re-applying on str procs, while using a high mast build with the amp trink and the cdr reduc trink.

with no number tunings out yet, i dunno how any of our stuff will change, but i am definitely thinking that mastery will go up in value, and haste will go down, with reduced UF, garg, and AMS giving us more gary uptime with mast scaling, more haste inc uptime, and more chances at runic with ams (especially with the new glyph to reduc the cd too if the whole shield isn't used).

also depends on how the procs are related, since they have the same str proc, essentially. is anyway for someone on the ptr to check if they can both proc at once/share icd, etc....
    I already play mastery heavy, my Gary hits on average 100-200k (depending on which dk you look at) harder then the other dk's in my raid group. Suchhhh a strong CD, and I can't wait for a lower CD on it, such a nice trink. Adding in a 7 min army is nice as well, and lower CD on AMS means almost every 30 seconds we can soak for runic, really strong on that as well. Just from how I see it (I already think i'll be going for CD reducing trink and Skeer's crit trink) i'll prob go Mastery>Haste>Crit. Will make for a bit more haste then I am used to but the trinket will devalue crit for me so much that it wouldn't be worth staying Mastery>Crit>Haste. The tier seems very nicely itemized for Mastery too, so I wonder if I will hit 100% mastery by the end of the tier (im already hitting 80% mastery raid buffed).

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    most people would say haste is 'capped' at ~10k so you're not really saying anything new.

i really hope you're just dumb and saying the same old shit.
    I really don't see why 9/10 times I see you post you feel the need to be rude to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I really don't see why 9/10 times I see you post you feel the need to be rude to people.
    because these things are posted every other post.

like i said how we our dots don't scale with haste. people ask it again and again. and again. and again.

you don't believe me but this is asked so god damn often for bads.
    Last edited by bals; 2013-08-04 at 08:06 AM.

like i said how we our dots don't scale with haste. people ask it again and again. and again. and again.

I'm not even sure what you're getting at. But there is no haste cap at ~10k like you claim. I'm close to 12k and still don't feel it's enough without AMS soaking.

Deleted
    It's more about being in "YOUR" comfort zone.
    For some it's 8k, some 9k, some 12k, some even don't care at all. To be fair, w/e fits you tbh since it all work out, in the end the difference is minimal, we aren't robots, we make so many errors during fights, we have lag, sometimes lower uptime on a target than last week on same boss etc.
    Just try it, decide & ignore the condescending trolls.

@Maxweii > With your mastery is this normal gary hits or crits ? If those include crits it's fucking shit and doesn't deserve "the" mastery love :< !

It doesn't matter if someone asks something that's always asked, not everyone reads all forums or just searches about for info. If it bothers you so much just don't say something, that's better then being rude for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    It's more about being in "YOUR" comfort zone.
    For some it's 8k, some 9k, some 12k, some even don't care at all. To be fair, w/e fits you tbh since it all work out, in the end the difference is minimal, we aren't robots, we make so many errors during fights, we have lag, sometimes lower uptime on a target than last week on same boss etc.
    Just try it, decide & ignore the condescending trolls.

@Maxweii > With your mastery is this normal gary hits or crits ? If those include crits it's fucking shit and doesn't deserve "the" mastery love :< !
    My comfort zone is 2k haste ;]
    looking at overalls on our recent world of logs I hit for on average 30-40k harder with Gary, what I was talking about was a specific go where I had hits of 250k normal and then 500k crits with them being at 100k normal 200k crits (I had sick nasty procs that go and grabbed a bouncing ball buff right before casting Gary I believe). So overall I do have it hit harder then them but not as much as I think I let across, he's a truck for sure but just that one time he entered Mak Truck status.
    I don't go Mastery just for him, I was even before it just as personal preference :3

Please don't use the threads to discuss rude behaviour and the likes. Report and move on, no need to argue about it.

That being said, we are always grateful for reports of bad posts.

For festerblight, does 4pc matter or is going two piece and off set items with better itemization a better idea? I just got the legs off lei shen and im strongly debating dropping the 4pc in favor of better stats on things like shoulders or gloves and pants. Anyone have an idea on this or should I just stick to 4pc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    For festerblight, does 4pc matter or is going two piece and off set items with better itemization a better idea? I just got the legs off lei shen and im strongly debating dropping the 4pc in favor of better stats on things like shoulders or gloves and pants. Anyone have an idea on this or should I just stick to 4pc?
    If you have access to the heroic Thunderforged Crit/Haste Shoulders, Helm, Chest, Gloves, and Legs I'd wear 3 of them and 2pc. I personally like the tier chest the best (Haste/Expertise).

Anyone know exactly how much DoT damage is reduced by on H Lei Shen transition?

I'm still iffy on whether or not to play festerblight or standard unholy on that fight. My trinkets seem to proc right after the transition, so I can reapply diseases with trinkets+blood fury+unholy might+ synapse springs. The problem I have with festerblight is that my trinkets proc so frequently on the first phase, I'd have to ignore them and continue festering to extend the diseases long enough to last through the transition, but I do so much more dps just scourge striking during trinkets and letting my diseases fall off during transition. (Using H Feather + H Prim trinkets)

Damage is reduced by like 99% I believe ( its either 90 or 99%.) But you do festerblight on this fight so your diseases are strong for when it counts: Phase 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Anyone know exactly how much DoT damage is reduced by on H Lei Shen transition?

I'm still iffy on whether or not to play festerblight or standard unholy on that fight. My trinkets seem to proc right after the transition, so I can reapply diseases with trinkets+blood fury+unholy might+ synapse springs. The problem I have with festerblight is that my trinkets proc so frequently on the first phase, I'd have to ignore them and continue festering to extend the diseases long enough to last through the transition, but I do so much more dps just scourge striking during trinkets and letting my diseases fall off during transition. (Using H Feather + H Prim trinkets)
    Once you get your transitions sorted out (which ultimately come down to nothing but practice) and start hitting P3 consistently (which is where numbers come in) you'll quickly realize the need for DPS there. That means that unless you're struggling to meet the various DPS checks along the first two phases, to maximize your P3 DPS you'll want to Festerblight the entire way there and have enough time remaining on your diseases that you won't need to use any death runes on FeS and can instead use them on SRs and ScSs which should result in you being by far the biggest contributor to single-target damage on the boss himself, possibly excluding tanks. Now this obviously means you'll be doing less for the first two phases, but like I said, numbers only realistically come in in P3 and that's where it shines.

Edit: Oh and he takes 99% reduced damage whilst Supercharging Conduits.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2013-08-06 at 05:35 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Maybe that's possible in 10 man but in 25 there's no way i can pull up 3 min of diseases by the end of intermission 2 (so i can only ScS/SR like u said) and i still achieved multiple rank 10-20 LS HC (just to say am not doing it wrong). At best on first intermission i get 1:40 min, then fight starts again am at around 1 min left, bump this up to 1:45 maybe 2 min depends on luck since UF is back up on CD.
    P3 starts with like 50 sec left (if everything goes right) and it lasts for triple of my diseases remaining timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    Maybe that's possible in 10 man but in 25 there's no way i can pull up 3 min of diseases by the end of intermission 2 (so i can only ScS/SR like u said) and i still achieved multiple rank 10-20 LS HC (just to say am not doing it wrong). At best on first intermission i get 1:40 min, then fight starts again am at around 1 min left, bump this up to 1:45 maybe 2 min depends on luck since UF is back up on CD.
    P3 starts with like 50 sec left (if everything goes right) and it lasts for triple of my diseases remaining timer.
    It should be easier on 25-man since the phases last longer thus allowing you to extend them longer for the first two phases. I mean in our 10-man my UF isn't even up when the first intermission ends. Also, I did mention that this will affect your overall damage, but the benefit comes from P3 damage which is where DPS matters.
    WCL

You aren't going to have 3 minutes at the start of phase 3, but you should have 50 seconds-ish, maybe. Less is fine, too. Blood/Frost Festering strikes will extend that some, and you can still use a few death runes for it too, the point is that you can mostly spam scourge strike AND you'll have full power diseases ticking the whole phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Once you get your transitions sorted out (which ultimately come down to nothing but practice) and start hitting P3 consistently (which is where numbers come in) you'll quickly realize the need for DPS there. That means that unless you're struggling to meet the various DPS checks along the first two phases, to maximize your P3 DPS you'll want to Festerblight the entire way there and have enough time remaining on your diseases that you won't need to use any death runes on FeS and can instead use them on SRs and ScSs which should result in you being by far the biggest contributor to single-target damage on the boss himself, possibly excluding tanks. Now this obviously means you'll be doing less for the first two phases, but like I said, numbers only realistically come in in P3 and that's where it shines.

Alright, thanks for the replies. Festerblight it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post

I know normal mode doesn't really matter to most people however I am not killing H Lei Shen any time soon. Im assuming it's safe to think this should happen on N Lei Shen?

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    I know normal mode doesn't really matter to most people however I am not killing H Lei Shen any time soon. Im assuming it's safe to think this should happen on N Lei Shen?
    Well technically there's nothing wrong with doing this on normal; you'll still benefit greatly in P3, but I suspect the overall loss of damage from spamming Festering Strike for the first 6-8 minutes (or however long it actually lasts on normal these days) is too great. P3 in normal isn't nearly as hectic and/or important either so I'd suggest you reapply your diseases after every intermission.
    WCL

Still viable in 5.4?

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatTM View Post
    Still viable in 5.4?
    Not true festerblight, but the modified version most if not all of us play will be viable. Just refreshing diseases when they are strong again following a normal unholy rotation.

Unless others get more and better information here is where festerblight stands.

1. Because the increase in trinket power from 5.1 to 5.2 was so much greater than will happen in 5.3 to 5.4, festerblight as a pure single target patchwerk dps increase is very likely a dps loss.

2. Applying diseases with powerful procs and other buffs is still a very sizable dps increase that has been around since 3.0 and will continue to be so.

3. Festerblight, as outlined in this guide has the potential of being an increase in a few situations:

Situation 1: When extending dps diseases in a non-dps-intensive part of a fight can lead to higher burst dps later in the fight. Examples from t15 include Iron Qon and Lei Shen where early extension makes the final phases easier.

Situation 2: When an external raid buff is present at the beginning of a fight can allow for high diseases that you can maintain without the buff later. Note that not many fights are like this. The type of fight would be something like Madness of Deathwing where you have superbuffs early on, but lose them later. If madness was single target instead of aoe and target switching, it would be ideal for a 5.4 festerblight playstyle.

I will update the OP at some point in the near future with better information. May end up changing the entire format of the guide depending on how much I change it. The most likely idea is that I just write an unholy guide in its place and include festerblight as a reasonable advanced footnote. More to come soon.