elemental pvp stat priority

Ok i seriously need some pointers here im new to ele shammy and do not know whats the best stat to go for (2ndary stat that is). I have seen some of the top players in arena go for crit mastery haste and they say cause you can kill someone outside ascendence with it with a EB LvB fulmination if EB and fulm crits it does 250k in 2 globals. Then i see some other guy at 2.3k rating go haste crit mastery, he didnt say why tho and then i hear many others say mastery haste crit. Please some experienced ele shammys shed some light in my soul at these dark times of questioning

Deleted
    It depends on how your comb plays in 3s and what strat you go for. If you take elemental mastery, haste doesn't benefit you during elemental mastery+ ascendance sine LvB goes on a 1 sec cast ish. So if you want major burst go full mastery. I find that haste is good for convenient play. It's easier to Hex and easier to fake cast. But during an elemental blast -> lava burst -> fulmination combo, haste doesn't really benefit you if you were going to get those casts off anyway, because all you do afterwards is lightning bolt. What I mean is that haste doesn't really increase damage during small windows, it only allows you to cast it slighty faster. It can make the difference though if you have a player running to you. Crit is good for your Elemental Blast and fulmination. Both can easily crit 90k-100k. I have played with "the talent that boosts your unleash elements spell", elemental mastery and then with a warrior. I went heavy mastery>haste>crit. I just dot everyone up, including pets. When ever you had elemental mastery ready without assendance, use it and then unleash elements your target for 20% more dmg with lightning bolt. It's good damage with trinket and even Stormlash (you won't really need Stormlash during your major burst players use CDs against it anyway). Also 20% from warrior banner and 10% from the unleash talent is just out of control, your lavaburst will hit for 90k and then a really good chance to proc a mastery.>

That way is really good when you are getting trained. Against two melees you aren't doing much damage with elemental blast anyway, and I prefer to deal the dmg when I move (lightning bolt).
    Last edited by mmoc12dbb41d8a; 2013-04-21 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery-Haste-Crit has the potential to give the most damage, however a lot depends on rng, Haste-Crit-Mastery gives the most reliable damage, Haste-Mastery-Crit is kinda between those 2.
    All 3 builds work perfectly fine, it just depends a lot on your play style. Some players like to play with rng and blow up people with a bunch of overload procs, other want more reliable damage and play with Fulmination combos.

Also, what am I doing in the shaman forums? O_o

i'm not ele, but don't people use crit for the healing as well? That's what I heard anyways. If you do a lil extra pvp power with crit it's more for the off heals but it's still solid dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossxout View Post
    i'm not ele, but don't people use crit for the healing as well? That's what I heard anyways. If you do a lil extra pvp power with crit it's more for the off heals but it's still solid dps.
    ele offheals are rubish, you cast 3 surges and go oom barly moving hp bar^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    A crappy heal can mean the difference between a win or a loss though. While Crit helps a little for healing as well, at lower ratings this is something you really shouldn't be worrying about, yet.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Each healing surge costs ~21k mana (~15.5k with clearcasting), meaning you have to chain cast well more than 3 to go oom as elem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    With clear casting it's not unusual to crit 80k-90k. Ele shamans don't go oom the same way anymore, I don't know why you would even bother post this nonsense
    Last edited by mmoc12dbb41d8a; 2013-04-22 at 12:34 PM.

I have recently tried Haste > Crit > Mastery and I am loving it a lot. Flame Shock -> Lava Surge -> Unleash Elements -> Ancestral Swiftness Elemental Blast is a lot of burst and quite frankly our only burst outside of Ascendance. Also with more crit grants more Clearcasting procs which allows better healing and damage. An Elemental Blast crit hits harder than an Elemental Blast with an overload proc. Also, Fulmination does not benefit from mastery.
    Last edited by Laptop; 2013-04-22 at 01:26 PM.

im really enjoying crit > haste > mastery. big crits win games.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex