Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Megaera Brick Wall

We have been working on Megaera and it seems we are regressing. I am stumped. I feel like we are overgeared for the fight. Our average item level is above 510. We are running a Warrior Tank, Pally Tank, Druid Healer, Two Disc Priests(one atonment), Arcane Mage, Hunter, ShadowPriest, Feral Druid and a Demo Warlock. We are lucky to make it to the fifth rampage with everyone alive. I don't know if it is a dispel problem, but it seems like one person always dies during the fifth head. I've tried changing the kill order, but that doesn't seem to help much. We stuck with G-R-G-R-G-R-G for every attempt but the last tonight. I would appreciate any help for this fight or our raids in general.

Here are the logs.... worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-15qzkg7j8v25o2le/dashboard/?enc=bosses&boss=68065

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Basically that is just the 5th rampage. The shits tends to hit the fan right there. We use the same order in our 10-man group. Just make sure you dps are blowing CDs on red heads only (damn gingers). You definately want to keep the number of red debuff stacks at 2. You may want to try having your pally tank and any pally dps you might have spec into Hand of Purity, it does wonders with dots, especially the red head debuff. Also useful to mitigate damage on any melee that take a while to get into a area where it is safe to cleanse them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go with GRBGRBG. My raid was facing the same problem, then we got blue and it became so smooth. Going without any blue kills means A) heavy tank damage on blue tank, blue head has a 100% damage buff pretty much by the 4th head, B) heavy raid damage, you have alot of poison bombs going out, and can have 2-3 cinders out at a single time. Going GRBGRBG means that you will only ever have 1 cinders out, one bomb about every 10 seconds, rather then every 4, and one beam every 15 seconds or so (Last phase will have 2 beams though, but its quick so what does it matter?)

If you are currently getting 2 stacks of breath per phase, go with 4 heals if possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenroul View Post
    We have been working on Megaera and it seems we are regressing. I am stumped. I feel like we are overgeared for the fight. Our average item level is above 510. We are running a Warrior Tank, Pally Tank, Druid Healer, Two Disc Priests(one atonment), Arcane Mage, Hunter, ShadowPriest, Feral Druid and a Demo Warlock. We are lucky to make it to the fifth rampage with everyone alive. I don't know if it is a dispel problem, but it seems like one person always dies during the fifth head. I've tried changing the kill order, but that doesn't seem to help much. We stuck with G-R-G-R-G-R-G for every attempt but the last tonight. I would appreciate any help for this fight or our raids in general.

Here are the logs.... worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-15qzkg7j8v25o2le/dashboard/?enc=bosses&boss=68065
    I don't mean to be rude, but it looks to me like your dps is extremely weak. My group's ilvl hovers around 510 average and my raid puts up 70k more dps total with one dps less than you guys have. In addition to that, you might want to diversify your healers. One of your priests could go shadow, and a druid could go resto. Sure, it's not ideal, but that's the advice I can give you.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/54h9p...?s=6028&e=6503 <- logs from a couple weeks back, most recent logs are with a pug tank while our main is away. Again, I don't mean to be a dick, so take what I say with a grain of salt

edit: we go grgrbgr

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenroul View Post

We killed it 1st week with your kill order, but have tested others also for the heroic mode.

If you have people dying I would recommend you to at least try B-R-B-R-B-R kill order.

It lowers the healing requirement a bit but also increases movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Set up a healing rotation for rampage.

First 2 rampages can be taken with some small healing CD/raid wall.

It gets interesting from the 3rd one. Have your weakest healer with weakest strong CD use their on 3rd rampage.

On 4th have another healer use theirs and on 5th have the last healer use their raid CD and get a raidwall up as well.

For the 6th one, have your feral have Heart of the Wild available with Tranq. Have him/her use HoTW+tranq on 6th. It tops the raid up (any other raidwall would be great as well). I know from own experience that the combination of these to CDs is strong enough.

We use G-R-B-G-R-G-R or G-R-G-R-B-G-R. We switch when we killed the blue one depending which people we have along (as for some it is "hard" to kite the beams and other shit).

This our latest log from from doing the last order. We around geared around your iLvL (maybe bit more). This is doing it with bit lower iLvL and the first order.

And some pointers for your DPS and raid in general. Save ALL of your DPS CDs for the red head (no matter which order you kill them). The red head has to go down as fast as possible. Otherwise your healers will be struggling in keeping your red head tank up later in the fight. It is a good indication that your DPS does their job well, if red head goes down with 2 stacks of tank debuff or when the 3rd one is applied.

If you want to ignore the blue head all together, make sure your healers have mana and tank on blue head some CDs. As the blue head hits really hard if you don't kill it.

On top of that since you kill too many of the green head you will be getting more of the poison bombs, which requires your healers to be on top of their game.

I suggest trying killing one blue heads to even out the damage, as you die to rampage anyway. We tried the "ignore blue" thing, but we got to the point you were usually. After switching in a blue head, we got the kill.

I'm not a healing expert but even I know that 2 disc's in the same raid need to coordinate very carefully. You say 1 is atonement, but both contributed in that department, 25m and 50m. All night your Spirit shells were, 23m and 38m; best fight seemed to be 4.5 & 3.7m. Our solo priest does 6.5m with Spirit shell on a normal attempt. I would hope they arent trying to overlap during the rampage, b/c honestly thats the least mana intensive according to our heals.

But now that I've actually started looking at deaths... I'm seeing cinders deaths, cinder deaths, oh and more cinders deaths. We usually only have 1 dispeller, but there were attempts where the people with the debuff didn't even get a heal! So either, they are booking out of the raid too fast and your heals arent properly spaced out... or none of your healers can notice the debuff.

You might want to ask your druid healer to get to the haste break point, he is currently @2977 rather than 3043, he/she could also drop a lot of that spirit he has to up his mastery if he/she likes. plus 43% up time on Life bloom is low and he needs to take advantage of his clear casts more. His/her up time on Harmony can be 10-15% better also, since its a super easy buff to keep active.

As for your dps, seems a bit low, honestly truly low, should be more around the range of 95-105k minimum ( opinion ).

I wont go into details about your logs, cause I cant speak for the classes I haven't played this expansion, but the druid can do a few things differently as mentioned, and your dps really needs to step it up some.

I heard people 4 healed it before it was nerfed. That should solve your issue. But I'm curious.. why do you have to specify one of your disc is "atonement".. not like you can spec out of it.

If you lose people to cinders, make sure you assign one healer to whoever has the debuff to heal and dispell. Not sure it's helpful to have 2 disc on this fight, I'd really recommand one going holy... you can dual shield the same person.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Your dps seem low.

Hunter is 1% below hitcap, also got mining and thrill of the hunt

Spread out as far as you can outside of rampages. This greatly reduces the damage that green does to the raid, while also reducing movement.

Outside of that, set up a healing rotation for rampages. You should be able to have at least two major raid cooldowns on each rampage.

My raid's dps is low (at least 3 breaths on every head) but we are able to kill it pretty easily.

What is it with 10 man guilds thinking that killing Venomous as often as possible and putting off Frozen as long as possible is a good idea? The Venomous head's bomb does far more damage than any other mechanic in the fight, you should be wanting it as rarely as possible, it's not like Frozen Ground is a difficult mechanic or anything. If you're willingly putting yourself through 300k bombs from the very first head, of course your healing is going to be butchered by the end, having 2 Venomous heads spitting bombs at you will destroy the whole raid.

Simply because it's easy to heal through R-G-R-G-R-G-R than deal with the "healer out of range because he has to kite blue" thing. But anyways, did all combo when we did the achievement, none of the combo are hard, just need to have decent healers and good assignments, that's all.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply because it's easy to heal through R-G-R-G-R-G-R than deal with the "healer out of range because he has to kite blue" thing.
    We solved it with healer calling out that someone heal the the tank. Like if I was tanking the red head while people were nuking the green and my healer had to kite, she called out "heal Mari" and another healer switched . Though if you 2 heal, healer going to heal other tank might not work that well. Bit of communication goes a long way.

But I agree, each raid has to find the tactic which is best for them and their raid team, but that doesn't mean they should give more then one pull to try different things out.

One other things, since I don't know where you stack for rampage, but I recommend (if you don't already) to stack at max. melee range of the head which will be killed next.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    What is it with 10 man guilds thinking that killing Venomous as often as possible and putting off Frozen as long as possible is a good idea? The Venomous head's bomb does far more damage than any other mechanic in the fight, you should be wanting it as rarely as possible, it's not like Frozen Ground is a difficult mechanic or anything. If you're willingly putting yourself through 300k bombs from the very first head, of course your healing is going to be butchered by the end, having 2 Venomous heads spitting bombs at you will destroy the whole raid.
    Less movement, faster killing. (So I heard)
    Though never killed blue one, got this boss on 3rd pull during progress with average ilvl504. (Doing Green/Red all the way)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I heard people 4 healed it before it was nerfed.
    That's what we did in the first week of ToT's release. We used a Pally, Shaman and 2 Disc Priests. The raid had an average iLvL of 503 or so and our raid's DPS is pretty low. We often struggle on fights with tight dps requirements (on heroic that is), yet we managed to kill Megaera with that tactic so Greenroul's raid's DPS is definitely too low.

Now, my raid's iLvL is substantially higher of course and we 3-heal it since week 2. Here's the WoL of our kill last week...
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...?s=7577&e=8000

Edit: I just noticed that we used 2 pallys and 2 discs in our firstkill and had 60k+ more raid dps than Greenroul's raid. That is definitely the issue for them I would say.
    Last edited by mmocb172fa1607; 2013-04-22 at 07:14 AM.

Yeah, dps is the biggest issue. Healing could be better, but low dps is causing you to spend 20-30 seconds longer on heads at the end of the fight than you should be, which puts a huge burden on healers to keep everyone up while constantly trying to avoid shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

from the healer perspective, the hps looks inadequate.

tips for your priests, spec into body and soul, and shield whoever gets the cinders, then dispel them. your priests don't pom even from what i can tell from the wol. that's a really big increase imo. get your priests to spec into PI, then alternate spirit shell with PI for each rampage. also SS for both your priests should be up for each rampage. remember to stack AA so you can evang when you get into rampage. you can precast PoH for each green nonsense that hits the floor. i suggest getting each priest to take care of one group for each green thing. also, the green things come in groups of 3. the first green thing use inner focus and poh both groups (1 per priest). the raid should then have aegis all around to help with the 2nd green thing. also, pop a CD for the last green thing if the HP looks bad. double cascade should be good.

we get our bear to hotw + tranq on the 5th head. that's where i pop my mana hymn, so if mana is an issue i suggest trying that.

also, your heinikin, i don't know if he logged out in dps gear, but he's using 2 dps trinkets.

if you want a disc priest PoV, you can check out youtube.com/watch?v=0mS8jWV0sOo. when we first downed it i think i was about ilvl 500? so it should be a good reflection of what your ilvl can do.

We used to do the green/red tactic and killed it a few times by doing this but for some reason this week there was way too much damage going out, more than before and our healers couldn't cope. So we switched it up and just did G/R/B/G/R/B/X and I think we 1 shot it from there.

The thing about the blue head is that its more annoying than anything, if done right there should be 0 damage from the ice beam and sure it can suck if 2 healers get it at same time but that it when you pop your healing while moving stuff. Also for this tactic I found that it was easier for ranged to stay at max range so that I had more room to kite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    If you are currently getting 2 stacks of breath per phase, go with 4 heals if possible.
    O_O we have done the G-R-G-R-G-R-G since first time we killed it. we always got 3 and sometimes 4 stacks and we just outhealed it with disc priest holy pala resto druid. with the disc priest(me) going atonement healing on first 3 heads

Granted on the sixth head we really have to spam heals constantly and on the seventh head we are pretty much oom but its not hard to heal at all.
    Pain suppresion + barkskin every 3min on the tank that has the fire debuff in rotation since 4 stacks of fire debuff actually deals alot of damage.

Going 4 healers is overkill and not remotely needed at all.

Also tips and tricks. stay spread 8 yards apart but never stand on stack up spot for rampage dispel ASAP when cinders goes on a target. make certain everyone who is close to venom explosion goes far away from that bastard so they don't take unnecessary damage and goes back to their position right away afterwards.

Rotate CD's on Rampage. We use a Barrier+tree form on green rampage and devotion + tranq on red rampage. our rogue drops down smoke bomb on as many rampage he can and our enhancement shaman uses the healing rain talent that makes him heal when he deals damage. (no clue what it is but it shows on the healing meters :P

We use Blood DK + Guardian Druid as tanks.

We don't really use worldoflogs so the only comparison to our teams is our first kill video.
    We are pretty casual and we talk alot doing the fights so if you find stuff like that annoying just turn of the sound. cause we sound stupid :P

Hmm looking at our kill god I was awful. granted our average ilvl in team at that point was 505 maybe slightly less
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2013-04-22 at 07:55 AM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup