Elemental Assistance

I have an Elemental Shaman in my raid group and he is currently the best geared, also holds his own on Dps but is fearing he is too low. If there are some talented Elemental Shamans out there willing to look over our WoL & give some advice on his gear/rotation/reforging/etc. It would be so greatly appreciated! <3 http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nlv8i9z6tgabcsbe/

Quote Originally Posted by Alwayshealing View Post
    I have an Elemental Shaman in my raid group and he is currently the best geared, also holds his own on Dps but is fearing he is too low. If there are some talented Elemental Shamans out there willing to look over our WoL & give some advice on his gear/rotation/reforging/etc. It would be so greatly appreciated! <3 http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nlv8i9z6tgabcsbe/

OK i just finished looking at his logs and he is doing well with his rotation. But theyre two things hurting his DPS.
    The # 1 things is he is missing spells so he is not all the way hit capped make sure he hits the 15% hit cap.

Now the 2nd thing affecting his DPS is his CD management. For elemental Shaman the largest chunck of our DPS comes from ascendance IT NEEDS TO BE USED ON CD, and he is not maximizing the amount of uses of it. He only used ascendance the maximum amount of times on 3 bosses Jin'rokh, tortose, and megera. However jin'rokh only lasted enough time for him to use ascendance once so im not going to count that boss. Now your horridon kill laste 9:45, and he only used ascendance once >.> on that fight he should've used it 4 times a the 0,3,6, and 9 minute marks.

Another CD he is not maximizing is his syanpse spring, on just about every fight he only used it once or twice there was a fight he used it for times but the fight lasted 7 minutes so he should've used it 7 times.
    It's a on use that has a minute CD that needs to be used on CD or its just a waste of intellect.

And the last CD he isnt maximizing is not only affecting his DPS but the raids as well and that is his raid CD stormlast Totem. so fights he failed to use it at all and on others he only used it once. Its a 5 minute CD so on just about every fight it should be used twice.
    Its an awsome raid CD that gives every1 free extra dmg to the boss so needs to be used the maximum amount of times.

Im not sure if he uses add on, but if he does he sould really look into the add on tell me when if he doesnt have it already its a awsome addon that tracks your CD's for you.

Hope this helped a lil bit and GL
    Last edited by SamoTray; 2013-04-22 at 11:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    OK i just finished looking at his logs and he is doing well with his rotation. But theyre two things hurting his DPS.
    The # 1 things is he is missing spells so he is not all the way hit capped make sure he hits the 16% hit cap.

Now the 2nd thing affecting his DPS is his CD management. For elemental Shaman the largest chunck of our DPS comes from ascendance IT NEEDS TO BE USED ON CD, and he is not maximizing the amount of uses of it. He only used ascendance the maximum amount of times on 3 bosses Jin'rokh, tortose, and megera. However jin'rokh only lasted enough time for him to use ascendance once so im not going to count that boss. Now your horridon kill laste 9:45, and he only used ascendance once >.> on that fight he should've used it 4 times a the 0,3,6, and 9 minute marks.

Another CD he is not maximizing is his syanpse spring, on just about every fight he only used it once or twice there was a fight he used it for times but the fight lasted 7 minutes so he should've used it 7 times.
    It's a on use that has a minute CD that needs to be used on CD or its just a waste of intellect.

And the last CD he isnt maximizing is not only affecting his DPS but the raids as well and that is his raid CD stormlast Totem. so fights he failed to use it at all and on others he only used it once. Its a 5 minute CD so on just about every fight it should be used twice.
    Its an awsome raid CD that gives every1 free extra dmg to the boss so needs to be used the maximum amount of times.

Im not sure if he uses add on, but if he does he sould really look into the add on tell me when if he doesnt have it already its a awsome addon that tracks your CD's for you.

Hope this helped a lil bit and GL
    Unless i'm tripping (always possible) the hit cap is 15%.

Get him to bind Synapse springs into LVB or something - thats what i'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by nicebikemate View Post
    Unless i'm tripping (always possible) the hit cap is 15%.

Get him to bind Synapse springs into LVB or something - thats what i'm doing.
    no you're right that was jus a mistake on my part he could bind it to lavaburst if he so chooses too .

Deleted
    no you're right that was jus a mistake on my part he could bind it to lavaburst if he so chooses too .
    Binding it to lavaburst has the added bonus that (at least without the t15 4/pce) it'll be up for every ascendance.

Ok I spoke with him and he saw this and agrees he will begin binding his gloves to LB Also the Stormlash Totem he will be more aware of as we can usually use it at the beginning and end of fights. This feedback is so helpful and I thank you all for looking over this and assisting!!!

the only thing i would add is that stormlash is a raid dps increase and not a personal one. It's about nuetral for the shaman using it since you lose the gcd to set it down. Furthermore if you have multiple shamans i suggest creating an order and a set time when you want the stormlashes for each encounter and calling them out. It is extremely easy to forget about stormlash and often the shaman doesn't care too much about it either since it doesn't do much for them either.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    the only thing i would add is that stormlash is a raid dps increase and not a personal one. It's about nuetral for the shaman using it since you lose the gcd to set it down. Furthermore if you have multiple shamans i suggest creating an order and a set time when you want the stormlashes for each encounter and calling them out. It is extremely easy to forget about stormlash and often the shaman doesn't care too much about it either since it doesn't do much for them either.
    On a personal lvl you're correct about stormlash its not really a personal CD, but if you look at it this way 1 GCD that eaisly does about 3million dmg to the bosses health that is an insane amount of dmg for 1 GCD. So all in all there is no excuse for forgetting to drop it.

On a personal lvl you're correct about stormlash its not really a personal CD, but if you look at it this way 1 GCD that eaisly does about 3million dmg to the bosses health that is an insane amount of dmg for 1 GCD. So all in all there is no excuse for forgetting to drop it.
    right, i'm just pointing this out for the sake of the poster. Not everyone realizes this about SL and might get the wrong idea.

I have my storm lash macroed w/ bloodlust.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    However jin'rokh only lasted enough time for him to use ascendance once so im not going to count that boss.
    Actually, the Jin'rokh fight lasted 3:55 sec. If you know your group DPS is not good on that fight you can pop it on pull and then have it up for the last puddle which will MAX it on that fight. At the beginning of T15, before my group killed it in under 3 min that is what our ele shaman was doing. My recommendation is to study your fights and learn to max your cooldowns. Sadly, one poor cooldown usage and your DPS is going to be shot.

---------- Post added 2013-04-24 at 02:10 PM ----------

Being at 15% hit cap is not "mandatory". I understand that in trying to help out a player sometimes it is easier to just say "be hit capped." In fact, you want to sim your toon in order to see the value of hit. In some situations, it will be a lose in DPS if you sacrifice a "higher" stat to reach 15%. My shaman is currently just under the hit cap (14.98) and according to sims, the amount of DPS gained is greater then the misses. Now with that said, unless he is trying to Min/Max- be at 15%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahodin View Post
    I have my storm lash macroed w/ bloodlust.
    That's not a very good idea unless you have then bound individually, since you save Bloodlust for the later parts of some fights, and Stormlash only have a 5min CD it can usually be used the the pull and when BL once it going off.

A simple trick is to get Weakauras, Power Auras, Tell Me When etc to track stuff, I use them for Lave Burst CD and Elemental Blast when I spec it aswell as my Shock CD and Lightning Shield stacks but also bigger CDs since it's very important they get used.
    Also analyze the fight beforehand so he pick the right talents/glyphs, they can have a big impact on some fights.

Deleted
    If you guys are so kind, could you analyze my logs?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4234&e=4653
    I feel that my dps is good, but not good enough for my ilvl (I posted magaera fight which clearly isn't shaman's, but feel free to browse other bosses) (PS. only 15% uptime on wooshoolay's -..-)
    And other question : How you handle with over hit capping? Yesterday I had every spirit reforged into haste/mastery then I rolled at council and got trinket (jeez I wanted fist weapon :<) And now I got virtually every possible gem brilliant, every spirit reforged and I'm at 16,6% hit... (Farming VP to switch spirit ring into flat int ring)