Bring a Faction leader for World Pvp

Just thought it would be cool if we could actually pick a leader to help us when we go on raids to rival cities. I would like to have an option to bring 1 or 2 with the group. I mean getting For The Horde/Alliance isn't that big of a deal and it would be pretty cool to bring that epic sense of being attacked at any moment (even while at your home) into the game. Server population on some realms really limit how effective 1 side could be. Getting an achievement like that would be impossible if you are on a server that is 20:1.
    If you could go to one of the leaders and they asked if you were going to invade a town or something they could give you some item or something that when you reach that town you could summon them and they would assist you.

Maybe there would be some sort of shared gcd between all the npcs (who are faction leaders) so you just couldn't keep getting them over and over. Like a 1 hour gcd before you could get Jaina to raid with you again, but if you already had the token/item that summons her it would last for 30minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malfurion and Jaina can level cities along with Thrall

In the end Sylvanas and her Vrykul would be amazing, just resurrect all the dead over and over and over.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it wouldn't happen because it would just be weird, I'd choose Janna.
    Bitch goes crazy and almost floods Orgrimmar in 'tides of war'. She be crazy strong.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    While it wouldn't happen because it would just be weird.
    Why is it weird? It's not weird that we are suppose to run through the opposite cities strongholds and kill them. What's so weird about getting the leaders to help?

p.s. lol I'm sure most alliance players would pick Jaina

I am in for this ideea, sounds pretty cool, especially since I would take the dwarf king (mass storm bolt, drops a keg that whipes everything). I can't even remember how many server crashes were back in the day on Ravencrest-EU due to horde attacks. This would bring more flavour to it, and imo, there should be a quest as well, rewarding either a vanity item, or reputation with the alliance/horde forces, or some gold and honor. Kill a faction leader while beeing aided by a faction leader
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.

15+ Year Old Account
    does sound like quite a fun plan, though theoretically the enemy leader would need to be buffed a bit if attacking in this fashion as the leader you bring would be on par with them (well in game and in theory should be on par) unless your leader just gets to the room of the enemy leader and says they'll guard the door while you rape face...

10+ Year Old Account
    You bring Malfurion and you have an iwin button.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You bring Malfurion and you have an iwin button.
    Possibly, of course it's just an idea. For The Horde/Alliance achievements aren't that hard to get (depending on server ratio). Even outside of that there should be some way to bring out that challenge.

There could be some restriction or it could be based on how many people you are able to bring in the actual raid. For example, if you are able to get 40 people to go raid a city then it wouldn't make a ton of sense to be able to bring the strongest npc. If you could only get half of that though, getting a stronger npc wouldn't be that bad. Of course, all is fair in world pvp so limiting it seems a bit off since the idea is to make those city raids a little more epic.

Deleted
    Serious lore problems with that idea. There's already a lore fallacy that you can go in and kill a faction leader today

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Serious lore problems with that idea. There's already a lore fallacy that you can go in and kill a faction leader today
    I don't know what you just said. Could you explain or re-word?

In starwars galaxies GM's would often Roleplay key characters from the saga, Princess Leia, Vader, Han, Chewbacca...

The guy who rp'd as vader even flagged for pvp(unkillable) and saber threw / force lightning'd rebs who were running around theed... then for his escape he force ran out of site.

It would be great to see Blizz do this, but there are simply too many servers for their to have to do this for everyone. Also, I don't think blizz gm's have ever given a shit like the SWG staff did in the early days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    You know that the fact that you can kill them is just for gameplay it doesn't affect lore, so look at those things as a Gameplay option :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eponzled View Post
    In starwars galaxies GM's would often Roleplay key characters from the saga, Princess Leia, Vader, Han, Chewbacca...

The guy who rp'd as vader even flagged for pvp(unkillable) and saber threw / force lightning'd rebs who were running around theed... then for his escape he force ran out of site.

It would be great to see Blizz do this, but there are simply too many servers for their to have to do this for everyone. Also, I don't think blizz gm's have ever given a shit like the SWG staff did in the early days.
    One of the first MMOrpg games I ever played was Nexus TK (97' published by: Nexon). They did this and also they took it a step further because the game was so small (Sometimes as low as 10-20ppl on, when 100 was on that was a lot)they would actually have some of the (player controlled non-gms) characters play as key figures.
    It's cool seeing important characters but sometimes gm's take it too far by making themselves so OP that they just do massive ganks. I think it's important to keep that separate and keep npcs as AI only. It would be cool to take Garrosh to SW or ironforge, but if it's a gm they just buff themselves too much. It should be cool but not so cool that it pisses other people off.

Almost like when we summoned Frost Lord and cavalery in Classic AV Was great!
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore