warrior tank, aggro issues with other tanks

Hello there!
    I'm a casual Warrior that is having some thread issues in my LFR / NORMAL runs.

I do Ok most of the time as long as there are no other tanks around. I have no problems with aggro going to DPS or healers, but as soon as a Monk/Death Knight/Paladin appears they build aggro so much faster than me that it's outrageous. I do my best, I've followed many guides and I purposely focus on the main abilities to build aggro (Shield Slam, revenge, devaste, shouts) but I end up seeing in the OMEN bars how they get the mob(s) in no time.

Quite frustrating specially in trash. I have no chance to get the aggro from them unless i start taunting like crazy (which feels so lame) and sometimes they die because my inability to take mobs from them and distribute damage.

In the beginning I thought it was because they were getting all the aggro redirection or they were incorrectly using their area taunts, but it happens all the time and I believe it's something I'm doing wrong. It cannot be that they always get the redirections and always make their way taunting like crazy.

Also I do also focus on my mitigation abilities and I'm known for needing less healing compared to my other fellow tanks, even when my health is lower. I wonder if that translates in less Vengeance and less aggro generation?

My warrior: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Gurthag/simple (sorry can't post link, just copy paste in the browser)
    I think I have a decent hit/expertise and I shouldn't be missing much. Do you see any flaws?

Thanks for your help guys

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, there is no decent amount of hit/exp below the caps. 4% expertise more to go. You´d be astonished how that smooths out incoming damage as well as pushing your dps. Second, you need to be sure other tanks don´t autotaunt. I think of myself as a decent player, but there is no room for improvement if other tanks keep taunting randomly. And that happens surprisingly often, especially in LFR Mode, aka "let´s wipe till we can outdamage it".
    Then, you should specc dragonshout. taunt + bloodbath + dragonshout = no aggro issues. Makro bloodbath and dragonshout together. you will never want to use them apart as a tank. Hits for like 300k +-150k and is really a burst. Aside from Tortos, lei Shen and perhaps council I can´t think auf bosses where shockwave is usefull, speaking of normal mode. Also, you should use the "heavy repercussion" glyph instead of bull rush. Also, you want to specc safeguard instead of vigilance. use it roughly 5 seconds before taunt and inbetween to maintain your revenge level. Be sure to hit HS if Ultimatum proccs. Be sure to hit Shieldbash if sword and board proccs.
    Last edited by Valech; 2013-05-26 at 01:50 PM.

I havent tanked on my warrior in some time but what happened to Thunder Clap. Use to be great for aggro and you wont take near as much damage.

Blasts enemies within 8 yards for 312 (+ 45% of Attack Power) damage and applies the Weakened Blows effect.

Weakened Blows
    Demoralizes the target, reducing their physical damage dealt by 10% for 30 sec.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by R0cky View Post
    I havent tanked on my warrior in some time but what happened to Thunder Clap. Use to be great for aggro and you wont take near as much damage.

Blasts enemies within 8 yards for 312 (+ 45% of Attack Power) damage and applies the Weakened Blows effect.

Weakened Blows
    Demoralizes the target, reducing their physical damage dealt by 10% for 30 sec.
    You want to use it in AoE situations on cooldown or every 30 seconds in a single target situation. Usually proves to be sufficient to keep aggro in trashpacks. If there are adds on an encounter a tank will usually be assigned for that anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by R0cky View Post
    There's your problem. Without the initial aggro you won't have enough attackpower (from vengeance) to compete. But the same is true for the other side: your co-tanks will have a hard time getting the attention of mobs when you got a decent lead and deep wounds rolling on all mobs.

I tank with a monk (lol KEGSMASH durrr...) and just taunt him of the most annoying mobs then it's necessary and if not i just contribute as much damage as possible without bothering to much, it's just trash after all.

Warrior damage output is lower than other tanks, this is especially the case with crit based monks. Its brought up pretty often on the tank forums and ghostcrawler recently responded to a twitter post about the discrepancy in tank damage, sadly it was with indifference.

The issue can be resolved with a little communication between tanks. Threat aside warriors are in a decent place. Just spec dragon roar and keep everything off cooldown before a taunt.

maybe take out some of those stam gems and put some crit in there to hit harder